Stellaris - Megacorp x64 v2.4.1 (GM and More) 2019-Oct-11

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
User avatar
CompactDisc
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors
Posts: 556
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:52 am
Reputation: 621

Re: Stellaris - Megacorp x64 v2.4.1 (GM and More) 2019-Oct-11

Post by CompactDisc » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:35 pm

Jasco wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:03 pm
Does anyone have the new Ethics & Civics addresses for the extension?
ethics
stellaris.exe+01810Af4
civics
stellaris.exe+01810AfC

But that should be in the extension I linked above your post.
Happy table making!

Support me on Patreon for more table fun:
https://www.patreon.com/CompactDisc

User avatar
Alaunus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:15 pm
Reputation: 24

Re: Stellaris - Megacorp x64 v2.4.1 (GM and More) 2019-Oct-11

Post by Alaunus » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:19 pm

CompactDisc wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:35 pm
Jasco wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:03 pm
Does anyone have the new Ethics & Civics addresses for the extension?
ethics
stellaris.exe+01810Af4
civics
stellaris.exe+01810AfC

But that should be in the extension I linked above your post.
Your link still has stellaris.exe+0180d9d4/d8 :)

---snip---

Slightly related advice regarding pre gamestart species modification:

If you want to play hive/synth or lithoid make sure to only boost your stats in species creation after you already picked those.

Much much worse if you want to play one of the options with two different species evolving on your home planet (syncretic evolution for example?). With two species you edit during creation it is extremely easy to give your fellow AI empires shiny boosts you cannot undo so anybody going that route should only edit after game start.

Unless you want AI empires with the same amount of creation points you had. :P

Disclaimer: I am not talking about the rookie mistake of forgetting to reset values to default before galaxy creation but about the various ways to achieve that despite doing it 'right'.

Jasco
Noobzor
Noobzor
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:56 pm
Reputation: 2

Re: Stellaris - Megacorp x64 v2.4.1 (GM and More) 2019-Oct-11

Post by Jasco » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:26 pm

Alaunus wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:19 pm
CompactDisc wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:35 pm
Jasco wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:03 pm
Does anyone have the new Ethics & Civics addresses for the extension?
ethics
stellaris.exe+01810Af4
civics
stellaris.exe+01810AfC

But that should be in the extension I linked above your post.
Your link still has stellaris.exe+0180d9d4/d8 :)

---snip---

Slightly related advice regarding pre gamestart species modification:

If you want to play hive/synth or lithoid make sure to only boost your stats in species creation after you already picked those.

Much much worse if you want to play one of the options with two different species evolving on your home planet (syncretic evolution for example?). With two species you edit during creation it is extremely easy to give your fellow AI empires shiny boosts you cannot undo so anybody going that route should only edit after game start.

Unless you want AI empires with the same amount of creation points you had. :P

Disclaimer: I am not talking about the rookie mistake of forgetting to reset values to default before galaxy creation but about the various ways to achieve that despite doing it 'right'.
Great! Thanks for the getting back to me so fast!

And yeah tell me about it; Many a game ruined when I thought I got Race Creation under control.

Thank you both. :)

User avatar
Alaunus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:15 pm
Reputation: 24

Re: Stellaris - Megacorp x64 v2.4.1 (GM and More) 2019-Oct-11

Post by Alaunus » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:25 am

Jasco wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:26 pm
[...]
And yeah tell me about it; Many a game ruined when I thought I got Race Creation under control.
[...]
That's not even the worst thing. In the grand scheme of things you could deal with a more powerful AI than expected.

What really ruins those games is that it exponentially amplifies the middle to late game population job assignments performance hog.

AI can genemod for crap and ends up with a 'lot' of active subspecies, which just slows down the daily job assignments to a crawl. Now imagine the AI going wild with enough points to create a couple dozen subspecies.

User avatar
CompactDisc
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors
Posts: 556
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:52 am
Reputation: 621

Re: Stellaris - Megacorp x64 v2.4.1 (GM and More) 2019-Oct-11

Post by CompactDisc » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:41 am

Alaunus wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:25 am
Jasco wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:26 pm
[...]
And yeah tell me about it; Many a game ruined when I thought I got Race Creation under control.
[...]
That's not even the worst thing. In the grand scheme of things you could deal with a more powerful AI than expected.

What really ruins those games is that it exponentially amplifies the middle to late game population job assignments performance hog.

AI can genemod for crap and ends up with a 'lot' of active subspecies, which just slows down the daily job assignments to a crawl. Now imagine the AI going wild with enough points to create a couple dozen subspecies.
It's possible to put all the values in a table, but it won't be dynamic for every update.
A bit like the civics and ethics right now. I was hoping to make it all dynamic a few months ago, before my downtime.
I might take a look into it if I have some time.
Happy table making!

Support me on Patreon for more table fun:
https://www.patreon.com/CompactDisc

User avatar
Alaunus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:15 pm
Reputation: 24

Re: Stellaris - Megacorp x64 v2.4.1 (GM and More) 2019-Oct-11

Post by Alaunus » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:28 am

CompactDisc wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:41 am
[...]
I might take a look into it if I have some time.
I am not sure it is worth the time. Keep in mind while it currently has a few shortcomings almost all of them can be avoided if you apply a good old dose of common sense.

However most important is that when the pointers change even entry level CE users can possibly find them (edit this file and look for that number). That is something I would rather keep instead of adding it to the pile of things only the table author must fix.

Not to forget that Foundations DLC with its Origin additions probably royally fraks around with the whole structure.

User avatar
CompactDisc
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors
Posts: 556
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:52 am
Reputation: 621

Re: Stellaris - Megacorp x64 v2.4.1 (GM and More) 2019-Oct-11

Post by CompactDisc » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:38 am

Alaunus wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:28 am
CompactDisc wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:41 am
[...]
I might take a look into it if I have some time.
I am not sure it is worth the time. Keep in mind while it currently has a few shortcomings almost all of them can be avoided if you apply a good old dose of common sense.

However most important is that when the pointers change even entry level CE users can possibly find them (edit this file and look for that number). That is something I would rather keep instead of adding it to the pile of things only the table author must fix.

Not to forget that Foundations DLC with its Origin additions probably royally fraks around with the whole structure.
Yes, I'm holding out on any new features until then :P
I wouldn't be surprised if everything needs rewriting again.
Happy table making!

Support me on Patreon for more table fun:
https://www.patreon.com/CompactDisc

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], elkfury, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot]