How to use CE Tables

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
Vanwhosits
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

How to use CE Tables

Post by Vanwhosits »

Hi All,

I've looked around for a while, and I can't seem to find a place that tells how to actually use the cheat table that I finally found. I have cheat engine installed, I went through as much of the tutorial as I could understand, and I've imported the cheat table into Cheat Engine, but it doesn't seem to show me any addresses or values to modify. I don't know where to go from here.

Can someone please help?

FreeER
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

How to use CE Tables

Post by FreeER »

[img]https://i.imgur.com/6Bh8gTh.png[/img]

Cheat tables generally have values and scripts or some mixture of the two.

Once the CT is opened and you've attached to the game you can simply change the values to what you want or freeze them by clicking the box on the left, scripts are activated by clicking on the box on the left at which point the code inside is run to do whatever it was written to do. Assuming of course that the table wasn't for some old version of the game in which case the values may not be correct and the scripts may fail to enable (or worse, crash). Values and scripts can both be nested under others.

If you don't see anything in the bottom after opening the table, first try to redownload the table incase the download failed somehow and left you with an empty table. Next go to where you downloaded it and see if there's anything you're supposed to do. Finally if you got a prompt about something to do with lua when you opened the table make sure you let it run, perhaps it's more of a trainer distributed as a CT. If none of that works, ¯\_(?)_/¯

koderkrazy
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

How to use CE Tables

Post by koderkrazy »

if you attach the table(the one you are importing) to this post, it'll help us to know exact problem.

also if after importing the table if it shows anything in cheat engine then provide screen shot of cheat engine window.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

How to use CE Tables

Post by SunBeam »

1. Download Cheat Engine.

2. Install it.

3. Start it up.

4. Don't ditch the tutorial; DO IT.

5. You'll learn how to use a table.