To use, run the game in DosBOX (Darksun.exe if you download from the above link) then open the table. Or simply open the table -- it will launch the game by itself.
You can edit every stat of your character: attributes, xp, levels, race, classes, gender, spells/psionics learnt, number of spell slots, whether Turn Undead is available, ceramic pieces (money), possibly some other stuff that I am forgetting. You are not restricted to your chosen sphere: you can assign any (all) spell or psionic ability (and Turn Undead) to any character. Mage spells are available if any of your classes is Preserver. Cleric spells are available if any of your classes is a priest.
When asked for the code upon leaving the sewers, the table will display the expected answer (only tested this for leaving the sewer to go back to the arena, not to the fields, but it should work for both exits.)
You can also dis/enable in-game cheats (
-K911) while the game is running.
New: You can now cast spells [Alt+C] even if you've taken a hit in the current round.
New: Pointer to number of genie wishes consumed. You can keep duplicating weapons if you wish!
The table allows the following hotkeys:
- Alt+A: Make all your characters super-powerful (25 all attributes, 60 attacks, 100 movement steps, 100 HP, 100 psionic points). Max HP and Psionics will be set to 100 only if they are not already above 100. Movement steps and # attacks will also be frozen so that they don't get reset when leveling up.
- Alt+Shift+A: Unfreeze movement steps and # attacks.
- Alt+S: Set all spell slots at all levels to 15 and give all spells and psionic abilities (level 10).
- Ctrl+R: Restore full health and psionic points for all characters.
- Alt+G: Freeze and allow increase of HP, Psionics, Max HP, Max Psionics, Spell Slots (effectively Godmode).
- Alt+L: Level up all your classes to 9. You need high Preserver/Cleric/Druid levels to be able to access spells of higher levels.
Be careful with this; it assumes that all your characters have 3 classes. If you have a character with only one or two classes (e.g., 3-0-0 or 3-3-0), the hotkey will not check for the zero and still update the levels to 9-9-9. Or you might have dual-dual-classed a character. In which case you might prefer 7-8-9 as your levels to make sure you have access to abilities from all three classes. It is safer to individually change the levels of your characters instead of using this hotkey.
- Alt+N will bump up the current leader's XP to 10 points below what they need to reach the next level.
- Like the other cheats, I could have done this for all four characters but I feel it's better this way as you have the choice of bumping up one, some or all your party members.
- This is different from the built-in cheat T in three ways: 1) it will not actually take you to the next level but you will achieve it on your next kill or quest milestone. 2) T doesn't actually increase your XP, this does. 3) T bumps up all your classes to the next level -- 3-3-3 will become 4-4-4, but this cheat only bumps up XP to what you need to achieve the next lowest level (the number shown in the View Character screen) and therefore will only increase the one class that's about to go up. So 3-3-3 will remain 3-3-3 until you kill something. Then it could become 3-4-3.
- To quickly do this for all party members, cycle through
1 Alt+N 2 Alt+N 3 Alt+N 4 Alt+Non your keyboard while all overlay screens are off in the game.
- Ctrl+E: all your party members will have: Bless, Prayer, Blur, Fireshield, Cloak of Bravery, Haste, Biofeedback, Free Action, Protection from Normal Missiles, Protection from Energy (Energy Containment metabolism ability), Iron Skin, Spirit Armor, Minor Globe of Invulnerability, Gaze Reflection, Mirror Images, Displacement and Mind Blank (only if you have it memorized) active on them.
- Note that this will overwrite any effects you already have active -- beneficial and negative ones (even those coming from gear). The game allows a maximum of 72 effects across all characters + Mind Blank which is handled separately. The above combination already accounts for 16x4=64 effects + Mind Blank. After using this, you will not be able to add many more effects.
- This does not check how many members you actually have in your party. Effects will be enabled for 4 members even if you are soloing, so despite the few number of party members you will still not be able to add many/any more spells.
- Except for Mind Blank, I think other Psionic Abilities that have been enabled will check and try to re-enable themselves every round, costing some Psi points (at least that's how it's supposed to work, I'm not sure if it really does).
- I think I have accounted for all the beneficial effects coming from gear so overwriting shouldn't matter. I could be mistaken though: I never used 2-handed weapons so if they conferred certain different spell effects I may have missed those.
- Ctrl+Shift+E will erase all effects -- including negative ones and gear effects. After using this you can simply re-equip all your gear to get back to 'normal'.
- Alt+C: Enable spellcasting even if you've taken a hit in the current round.
- Alt+Left: Collapse all characters to reduce clutter.
Under each character, you can check the box next to Spell Slots, Spells and Psionics to expand them. Under Spell Slots, you can assign how many slots of each level you have. Under Spells, you can assign specific spells to that character by changing 0 to 1. Under Psionics, you can assign specific psionic abilities by changing 0 to 8. Note that 8 is Level 1. The ability level progresses in multiples of 8 (8-16-24) so if you want very high abilities, enter the appropriate amount.
Much better: double-click the empty value next to Spell Slots, Spells and Psionics. You can enter a number for Spell Slots and that will be how many slots you have at all levels. For Spells and Psionics, you can choose to enable all in one go. Alternately, you can also double-click the empty value next to a particular spell level/psionic type and enter 1 or 8 to enable all spells of only that level/type.
Important Note: Changing Race requires changes in 3 places: Race (Portrait), Race (Model) and Race (Text). Changes to the model will be visible only after saving/reloading the game. Changes to all other values in the table will be immediately visible in the game (close and reopen the relevant screen).
Another Note: If you download the game from the above link, update the table in that with this one. Several changes have been made since that was uploaded.
Final Note: Please excuse the weird structure of some records appearing under Experience. It's just much easier to update and maintain the table.
How to use this cheat table?
- Install Cheat Engine
- Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
- Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
- Keep the list.
- Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1