Aob update help

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
hasim22
Noobzor
Noobzor

Aob update help

Post by hasim22 »

Hello guys i'm triying to update script for endless world i did find corect AOB adress but when i replace adress and execute script nothing happens. Can someone experienced please check script. I posted ss of both codes old and new.

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Re: Aob update help

Post by LeFiXER »

You haven't told Cheat Engine to do anything with your script. Copy the section below Separate:, up to the blank line. Then paste it under newmem: in your new script, also add "pop rbx" at the end.

hasim22
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by hasim22 »

No bro it's not working I guess script is too much old and it's completely broken so updating aob is not helping

Rhark
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Rhark »

When you say nothing happens what do you mean?

hasim22
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by hasim22 »

Rhark wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 7:10 pm
When you say nothing happens what do you mean?
I mean I can activate script it does find aob address there is no error, but script doesn't work, nothing happens in game

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Post by LeFiXER »

My guess is the offsets are outdated. In the memory viewer window set a breakpoint on this line:

Code: Select all

GameAssembly.dll+2425AB
Once the breakpoint has triggered, note the address in RDX. Dissect the structure using this address and verify the offsets. The values should match the corresponding value in-game.

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Paul44 »

^^ @hasim22: this might be "corny", but i assume you've added the 'New' script to that table (as the old one no longer enables), right ? In this case, are you now saying that enabling this new script does nothing in game... ?
If that is the case, then
a) this is "normal" as the new script basically does not change anything!
b) what you should do is update the 'OLD' script with the updated AOB sig (if i checked correctly, only the 1st byte changed, so...)

ps:
1) i also assume that this is not your table, but you're trying to update it (if this is the case, do pm the author accordingly)
2) it is never a good idea to include opcode_offsets in your AOB signature (~7D 00 here); these are bound to change (regularly) with future updates. based on the 'NEW' code, i would check if '+2455BB' produces an unique sig (without 'offsets' !), and - if so - update the script in reference to this location (~> 'EnemyStuff+0B' => 'EnemyStuff-10' ?)...

Tip: always verify that your script restores original code properly; iow pause game, and watch the opcode in memview while dis/enabing the script...