Cheater
Cheater

[Request] Troubleshooter Abandoned Children

Post by MatthewD »

Game Name: Trouble Shooter Abandoned Children
Game Engine: I don't know
Game Version: Build ID 911 - Update: 20200422
Options Required: Health, money, exp gain multiplier(character and class),
Options not required but happy to have: vigor, speed(character), move distance(character)

Game/Steam Website:
Other Info:
The game has "offline mode" and "online mode". Asking for offline mode.

To offer some help of my own, for you to be able to make a cheat table~The game has 2 processes it runs on, the process that matters is "Troubleshooter_lsv.exe". With some fiddling around, I was able to freeze the value of money, but nothing more since I have no idea about hex editing, command lines and what-not.

To explain what I did:
Searched for "unknown initial value", at first I searched on all types(afterwards I found the value I want to mess around with personally, was 8 byte). Once you search that, you want to buy or sell something in the game. If you sold something, then your money increased and as such you will search now for "increased value", you will repeat the process of buy/sell and searching for decreased/increased values accordingly, until you bring the address results down to 1 or less than 10, you should be able to spot an address with long/big value that starts with number 4(least on my end). Now change that 4 to 5 and freeze the value. Then go back in game and buy whatever you like, I suggest potions since it's from the earliest items that you can buy and sell easily and tons of them. As you buy things, you may notice at some point that your money value in game, is some crazy number, at which point you can and want to buy 99999 potions of every kind(after that your money in game will return to normal value). Then unfreeze the address/value on Cheat Engine and proceed to sell ONLY 1 item/potion(this will reset the previously frozen value on Cheat Engine and the money in game will become unfrozen too), then you can sell everything you bought before and gain lots of money this way.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure to return to title screen first, before you shut down the game~ "back up"/keep copies of your save folder(which is located inside your game/install direction).
Some people say that there is a bug~ if you force shutdown the game, it can corrupt the save. Nonetheless make sure to backup your saves so you won't have to restart the game.

If for some reason it won't accept your save no matter what, then take the save folder out of game folder, start new company/game, and while in the first combat map, press escape and click to return to title screen, then put your old save folder back in game folder(replace) and then hit continue in game screen. That should work. If when you hit "continue" it tells you "you are in the middle of a mission/combat blah blah" click cancel, it will still load your game. If for some odd reason it doesn't, then do the same thing I explained but after you finish the combat.

Also I've noticed that there is an older post in the forums about Troubleshooter game but it was made a year ago(when the game was early access) and is lacking some information about the game. Nobody posted a cheat table about it yet but it has a helpful small guidance by a person to edit few things on your save file (game.sav).

Personal Game Review:
The game has it's charms but also has it's issues. As you may notice, the game has pretty much 9+ out of 10, positive reviews on Steam.
Tactical RPG(Similar to Tactics Ogre and FFT but modern theme), some people compare it with xcom(which I never played) but someone said "Just because it has overwatch ability?" and that xcom doesn't have RPG/the RPG elements of Troubleshooter.

Pros:
-Many or several charming & interesting characters with various backgrounds.
-Charming artwork for characters and events.
-Nice soundtracks.
-It has some silly elements like "Spoonism" religion gang. I like a bit of comedy or silliness in games.
-Main quest line and side quests that will keep you busy for a while~It's not a game that finishes fast even if you put it on easiest difficulty and play mostly main missions.
-Crafting system
-Tame system(though personally I don't know how to tame yet)
-Building drones(When you recruit a certain person in your team, on chapter 5)
-Decent character customization in terms of gear, items and masteries. Aside from the basic class each character starts with, they have two more classes available to them as soon as their basic class hits level 10 and your character level 15.
-Battle maps are well made and each mission whether main story or side quest tends to have different or more goals than just "k.o all enemies".

Cons:
-(Rarely)The game/battle is laggy due to poor optimization of either graphics or effects or maybe bad coding during few specific battles in main story.
-The translations at some points of the game are bad, like you struggle to understand what they say. Other times it feels like the characters are pretty much repeating what the other character just said.
-The story is a little bit all over the place~not exactly easy to follow. It jumps from one topic/event/storyline/character background to another and the way it's presented or the content of it~ sometimes feels a bit vague or shallow/empty/drag on.
-There are times that you can't control the speed of the text/dialogue/narration on the screen and as a result you can't read everything.
-No romantic interests at all so far(I am at chapter 5 and from the looks of it, it probably goes up to chapter 10)
-Some character 3D models are ugly especially when you compare them with their artwork or other characters models.
-No character creation or customization of their looks aside from 2 recolors of their standard outfits.
-I'd like more classes or at least abilities to choose from per character and if possible, not character locked classes(For example to be able to make Albus a gunner~fight with guns ect)
-Albus, your main character lacks depth and is a tad bit two dimensional(least so far).
The character is what you'd call "Goody two shoes". way too nice to everyone, trying to please everyone, way too hardworking, way too tryharding to do everything & save everyone, taking all burden and responsibility on himself. And his backstory so far doesn't feel very interesting. Everything or most things regarding his backstory has been kind of a let down, disappointing.
He is the most plain looking which could be overlooked if his 3D model looked as he does in the artwork. Basically his 3D model is ugly and his classes abilities are from the worst as he lacks AOE damage/multi target hitting and ranged damage(for the most part you have to be up in their face to hit/kill).
-The battles as game progresses, become bigger and bigger~At chapter 5 that I am currently at, they are often too big and therefore taking too long for my own tastes(they last about 30 min++). In main story it forces you to deploy and control everyone that belongs in your company and sometimes it even forces you to control police forces and have to find across the entire map and K.O 20~30+++ enemies, which is tedious for me especially as the company grows bigger(you get more members). There are also masteries in the game that are annoying when enemies posses them, such as "impulse fields" among others that prevents you from killing the enemies fast/faster, even if you do critical damage which would usually one shot them.

^As such, I want to cheat and speed up the fights, make them less boring/tedious.

~Update~
OFFLINE MODE
Someone requested a save with "Bonuses" at the start of game, here it is. It's right after you help Don and rent the space for your new company.
The password to this file is the name of your main character in the game. Have fun.
The person didn't request any specific difficulty, so I went with the default choice(Easy).
saves.zip
(273.84 KiB) Downloaded 778 times

As I wrote previously:
Spoiler
If for some reason it won't accept your save no matter what, then take the save folder out of game folder, start new company/game, and while in the first combat map, press escape and click to return to title screen, then put your old save folder back in game folder(replace) and then hit continue in game screen. That should work. If when you hit "continue" it tells you "you are in the middle of a mission/combat blah blah" click cancel, it will still load your game. If for some odd reason it doesn't, then do the same thing I explained but after you finish the combat.
Last edited by MatthewD on Tue May 05, 2020 5:39 pm, edited 28 times in total.

MgALEX
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: [Request]Trouble Shooter Abandoned Children

Post by MgALEX »

+1

Crysalx
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Crysalx »

+1

In8fini
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by In8fini »

+

Maalik
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Maalik »

+1 ^^

rukazer
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by rukazer »

+1

helloo1355
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by helloo1355 »

+1

Theorac
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Theorac »

+1

rukazer
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: [Request] Troubleshooter Abandoned Children

Post by rukazer »

so this game is really impossible to cheat? the forums says so... also no trainers were made since release

XDAvenger93
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by XDAvenger93 »

rukazer wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:30 pm
so this game is really impossible to cheat? the forums says so... also no trainers were made since release
Save editing is entirely viable, also amusingly enough there is a still working trainer floating around on MAF's site, it just has an interesting habit of only working some of the time. You'll be fine using it for quite some time until you run into enemies who can crit for more than your HP bar/twice your HP bar, but those mostly show up on the absolute top difficulty challenge option.

It is entirely possible to cheat, but the game is getting majorly ignored by almost everyone because 1) no marketing 2)unstable and finicky to get running and loading your saves correctly 3) it looks like a low quality boot-leg tier trash game from just looking at screenshots, in spite of actually being more of an XCOM game than Chimera Squad is.

LiamLi
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by LiamLi »

MatthewD wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:27 pm
Searched for "unknown initial value", at first I searched on all types(afterwards I found the value I want to mess around with personally, was 8 byte). Once you search that, you want to buy or sell something in the game. If you sold something, then your money increased and as such you will search now for "increased value", you will repeat the process of buy/sell and searching for decreased/increased values accordingly, until you bring the address results down to 1 or less than 10, you should be able to spot an address with long/big value that starts with number 4(least on my end)

you found the DOUBLE value...everything in this game is a double...just search for the direct value e.g health is 420
search for 420.00 Double..

like XDAvenger93 said...its totally possible to cheat...

rukazer
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by rukazer »

LiamLi wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:33 pm
MatthewD wrote:
Searched for "unknown initial value", at first I searched on all types(afterwards I found the value I want to mess around with personally, was 8 byte). Once you search that, you want to buy or sell something in the game. If you sold something, then your money increased and as such you will search now for "increased value", you will repeat the process of buy/sell and searching for decreased/increased values accordingly, until you bring the address results down to 1 or less than 10, you should be able to spot an address with long/big value that starts with number 4(least on my end)

you found the DOUBLE value...everything in this game is a double...just search for the direct value e.g health is 420

yes but even with CE using double values it bugs the game, for example i set my char with 2k HP, for a few rounds it was ok, on the 3rd he was one shoted, also i edited the save files, most of the edits dont work and other just corrupts the save.

XDAvenger93
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by XDAvenger93 »

rukazer wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:05 pm
LiamLi wrote:
MatthewD wrote:

yes but even with CE using double values it bugs the game, for example i set my char with 2k HP, for a few rounds it was ok, on the 3rd he was one shoted, also i edited the save files, most of the edits dont work and other just corrupts the save.
viewtopic.php?p=132834#p132834

TL;DR it's not editing the save that corrupts it, it's the game itself being borked. Basic save-editing procedure: edit whatever you want with the game still open, quit to title, reload save, edits are now locked in.

Basic procedure to deal with so called "corrupted saves" that don't let the game open or don't load: delete the contents of the save folder (after backing it up obviously), open game, create new campaign (skip tutorial or don't) and as soon as you can, quit to title. Alt-Tab out and copy-paste your backed up save files, overwriting the newly created ones, then hit resume (and cancel when asked if you want to resume the first mission). Presto, your "corrupted" save now works.

Oh and I don't think I need to say this, but just in case: ONLY DO THIS WITH OFFLINE SAVES! Obviously the online has other methods to prevent cheating and you shouldn't do it anyway when online, but I shan't underestimate human stupidity.

As for the locking of HP and vigor values in CE, yes, it's also the reason the MAF trainer keeps not working on random turns, the problem is the game has a weird tendency to SOMETIMES at random switch where the correct value for HP is stored. I never bothered to learn much about table making nor really have the time for it, but in theory it looks like a table should be possible, once again, for offline saves. But the above mentioned issues with the game are likely to put people off even trying.

MatthewD
Cheater
Cheater

Post by MatthewD »

LiamLi wrote:
MatthewD wrote:

I found multiple values and I messed around with them. The value I talked about was 8 byte. I checked right before I posted.

MatthewD
Cheater
Cheater

Post by MatthewD »

XDAvenger93 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:03 pm
rukazer wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:30 pm
Save editing is entirely viable, also amusingly enough there is a still working trainer floating around on MAF's site, it just has an interesting habit of only working some of the time. You'll be fine using it for quite some time until you run into enemies who can crit for more than your HP bar/twice your HP bar, but those mostly show up on the absolute top difficulty challenge option.

It is entirely possible to cheat, but the game is getting majorly ignored by almost everyone because 1) no marketing 2)unstable and finicky to get running and loading your saves correctly 3) it looks like a low quality boot-leg tier trash game from just looking at screenshots, in spite of actually being more of an XCOM game than Chimera Squad is.
I already use that trainer(which has only HP) but as you said, it works only half the time.
And since you spoke about the game, I suppose that I could write a review.