SOLVED: Can't Install Newer Versions of Cheat Engine

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
JudgeDrench
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

SOLVED: Can't Install Newer Versions of Cheat Engine

Post by JudgeDrench »

UPDATE:
Solved the issue by activating my anti-virus software (funnily enough). Cheat Engine install .exe files had trojan software and pop-ups sites attached to the file that were causing the install wizard to crash before any sites could load. Turning on my anti-virus disabled these threats before they could crash the install file, allowing me to finally install CE 7.0.

Turns out I didn't need any of the smart people here :P

So, I posted in another topic about CE 7.0 thinking it was just that version. NOPE! ANY version of CE will not install.
I've tried each version from 6.8.3 to 7.0, made exceptions in av; turned off av; checked the firewall; nothing works. Checked to make sure that it wasn't just CE, downloaded note++ and some other programs to make sure it wasn't all programs. Just CE.

Anyone else run into this problem before? Any ideas from people way smarter than myself? (pretty much all of the other members on the forum)

Windows 10 (latest version)
AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Malwarebytes av
*noticed this problem after I experienced a couple of crashes with CE 6.8.2 with BL3 and Control cheat tables and thought maybe the problem was the CE version being too old.

veeral
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: SOLVED: Can't Install Newer Versions of Cheat Engine

Post by veeral »

Did the CE installer actually launch anything? I'm just having it shut down before I get to the install phase.

specific
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: SOLVED: Can't Install Newer Versions of Cheat Engine

Post by specific »

veeral wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:58 am
Did the CE installer actually launch anything? I'm just having it shut down before I get to the install phase.
In my opinion there is nothing but cheat, although I could be wrong?