Good Company [Steam]

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
CrexTheDead
Noobzor
Noobzor

Good Company [Steam]

Post by CrexTheDead »

First time working on tables, Right now only have money set up, seems to be working perfect for me. ill update as i go.

update 1 - noticed the original pointer stoped working, i assume the game got a quick update or something? left the OG pointer in and added 3 more as backup's.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
Crex - Good Company Table v2 +1.CT
v2 aka more money pointers
(2.07 KiB) Downloaded 865 times
Crex - Good Company Table +1.CT
v1
(810 Bytes) Downloaded 219 times
Last edited by CrexTheDead on Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrexTheDead
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Good Company [Steam]

Post by CrexTheDead »

trying to figure out research, it does not seem to want to play nice.

CrexTheDead
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by CrexTheDead »

im having NO luck with research points. theres two 4 bytes, and a float, but none seem to actully effect a change so cant find the pointer for it.

Tahtawy
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Tahtawy »

Research points are either 4 bytes or 8 bytes. I found them once and was able to change them and it worked. But I can't remember which value type it was.

Can you find inventory slots for the player? They can be easily found. They're in 4 bytes but I suck at finding pointers.

CrexTheDead
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by CrexTheDead »

Tahtawy wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:35 pm
Research points are either 4 bytes or 8 bytes. I found them once and was able to change them and it worked. But I can't remember which value type it was.

Can you find inventory slots for the player? They can be easily found. They're in 4 bytes but I suck at finding pointers.
there's three, two 4 bytes and a float. the issue im having is yes the number changes, but it does not seem to "stick" what im thinking is theres another that does not show as the true number. after i figure out research im going to work on inv.

lukiono
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by lukiono »

Research is two bytes. you will find two values. i used the second one and showed what access it. then i make some research project one point further and nop the function. i dont know how to work that in a functional table that persists over a few game restarts. so that is the only thing i can help with... sorry...

Edit; Nevermind... after some time it reduces the points again...

CrexTheDead
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by CrexTheDead »

lukiono wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:00 pm
Research is two bytes. you will find two values. i used the second one and showed what access it. then i make some research project one point further and nop the function. i dont know how to work that in a functional table that persists over a few game restarts. so that is the only thing i can help with... sorry...

Edit; Nevermind... after some time it reduces the points again...
to the edit, thats EXACTLY the issue im running into with any of the hits ive found. they dont seem to do a true change even when you edit all of em. why im thinking they must have done something like civ where the true pointer is hidden behind a multiplyer of the original number or something

Zanzer
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by Zanzer »

Free Orders
Unlimited Research
Fast Research

Tested on GOG v0.6.0
Attachments
GoodCompany.CT
GOG v0.6.0
(6.85 KiB) Downloaded 315 times

fakerlol
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by fakerlol »

I don't know if this helps anyone but pretty much all interesting values are being kept in GoodCompany/manifest/gamedata.json.
The file is encrypted (each ascii char modulo 5), once you decrypt it you can just change the values to your hearts content and save it.
You even don't need to encrypt it afterwards, saving it in plain text will suffice.

Why the hassle? Most of the values (like craft durations etc) only work for you, the AI will get their values from gamedata.json through the LUA-Engine the game employs.
You could, however, hook into the GameDB-Class from which the gamedata.json-file is read and iteratively change the values there, but I'm still too dumb to handle C#-Dictionaries in Assembly/LUA...

dotafnaf
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by dotafnaf »

Zanzer wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:33 pm
Free Orders
Unlimited Research
Fast Research

Tested on GOG v0.6.0
It works perfectly for me. NICE.
Can you do fast crafting please

sin37
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by sin37 »

fakerlol wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:50 pm
I don't know if this helps anyone but pretty much all interesting values are being kept in GoodCompany/manifest/gamedata.json.
The file is encrypted (each ascii char modulo 5), once you decrypt it you can just change the values to your hearts content and save it.
You even don't need to encrypt it afterwards, saving it in plain text will suffice.

Why the hassle? Most of the values (like craft durations etc) only work for you, the AI will get their values from gamedata.json through the LUA-Engine the game employs.
You could, however, hook into the GameDB-Class from which the gamedata.json-file is read and iteratively change the values there, but I'm still too dumb to handle C#-Dictionaries in Assembly/LUA...
Thanks for the info. I am currently working on decoding the gamedata.json but no progress so far, could you give more information on how to decode the file?

fakerlol
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by fakerlol »

sin37 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:07 am
fakerlol wrote:

Thanks for the info. I am currently working on decoding the gamedata.json but no progress so far, could you give more information on how to decode the file?
I already uninstalled the game, but can help you with the algorithm needed to decode the file.
As I don't know which programming languages you know (if any) I'll try to show the algorithm using pseudo-code:

Code: Select all

asciiBytes = readFileContents ( "gamedata.json", 'rb')  // make sure to read the file in binary mode!
for (i = 0; i < asciiBytes.length; i++)
{
	asciiBytes[i] = asciiBytes[i] XOR 5;
}
fileWriteContents("gamedata.json", asciiBytes)
If I remember correctly, the first 2 or 3 bytes in the file are to be deleted once the decryption is done (the game-engine checks these bytes to see if the file is encrypted or not).
Once you decrypt gamedata.json, you can make changes in it, which will be effective everytime you load a level - no need to encrypt it again after changes!

Happy hacking :)

malinchoo2
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by malinchoo2 »

Zanzer wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:33 pm
Free Orders
Unlimited Research
Fast Research

Tested on GOG v0.6.0

can you add instant craft or super fast crafting?

malinchoo2
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by malinchoo2 »

Can someone make fast crafting please?

dotafnaf
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by dotafnaf »

fakerlol wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 11:52 pm
sin37 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:07 am
fakerlol wrote:

I already uninstalled the game, but can help you with the algorithm needed to decode the file.
As I don't know which programming languages you know (if any) I'll try to show the algorithm using pseudo-code:

Code: Select all

asciiBytes = readFileContents ( "gamedata.json", 'rb')  // make sure to read the file in binary mode!
for (i = 0; i < asciiBytes.length; i++)
{
	asciiBytes[i] = asciiBytes[i] XOR 5;
}
fileWriteContents("gamedata.json", asciiBytes)
If I remember correctly, the first 2 or 3 bytes in the file are to be deleted once the decryption is done (the game-engine checks these bytes to see if the file is encrypted or not).
Once you decrypt gamedata.json, you can make changes in it, which will be effective everytime you load a level - no need to encrypt it again after changes!

Happy hacking :)
Can you please write the algorithm in Java as it's hard to know if I need to read a whole line or just characters.