I finally found some time over the holidays to do some more work on this and make it easier to make changes in the future. Now there's a website in github pages with an easy link to the file you need to copy to autorun ('the current release' link) and a tutorial for a simple cheat in the game Raft:
I've also attached a table that is empty except for having the script as the table script which will work as an alternative.
I've fixed the bug causing the search window to appear off screen, and it now automatically selects the image 'Assembly-CSharp' if present, which is normal for Unity games. You can always load a different assembly using the 'Image' menu on the search form. I also put the link as a 'Search' item under the existing 'Mono' menu that appears with mono games instead of having a seperate top-level menu.
Searching is very fast as you type. Double-click on a method to create an AA script you can save to your table.
I have lots of ideas for future changes if I get the time, but feature suggestions are welcome on the github repository. I need to figure out how to do Popup menus better, I think I found the clear() method that will make it easy to update them based on context so I might do that soon. Ideas:
- Right-click option on method to add generated script to cheat table automatically
- In addition to above, another option to add it with code to save RCX and have a counter and have those displayed as children to the script. I found myself doing that a lot in writing a Raft table and copying the address to structure dissect.
- If I have LOTS of time, make the previous option work smoother, maybe a seperate window allowing you to do this for different methods and see all them together and enable/disable them individually. Also save to table (maybe as AA script comment in a table entry?)
- Generate AA script to find addresses for static members that you can add to another script (CE doesn't do that yet with an AA command, does it?)
- Option to search for uses (i.e. from 'Slot' class, menu option to search for all a) classes that are children or parents of Slot, fields of type Slot (or descendant?), methods with parameters or return values of type 'Slot'
- Get 'Notes' working - see notes on class in class window, and list of notes in a new window
monohelper.lua (righ-click and save as):
Tutorial using 'Raft' as an example:
If you're interested in hacking the actual code for the script, clone the repository. The 'Dev.CT' table has a table script with a dev menu allowing you to build and reload a single script from the individual files (now in the 'src' directory), and an option to build with the forms into the CE autorun directory directly to check in new CE window.
Fixes from previous version:
* Moved source code to 'src' directory
* Added github pages in 'docs' directory
* Added Raft tutorial
* Fixed Search window appearing offscreen (now centers on screen when first shown)
* Auto-select 'Assembly-CSharp' if present
* Sometimes it doesn't show all the classes/methods/fields for a name, i.e. typing 'Play' will show 'PlayerStats' class but when you keep typing and add the 'e' it no longer shows up... Hard to track down