Why aren't there any tables that make games harder?

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
aweigh0101
Noobzor
Noobzor

Why aren't there any tables that make games harder?

Post by aweigh0101 »

All I ever see are tables that allow you to cheat, but many modern games (specifically Steam releases of JRPGs) are piss-easy and become unplayable because they don't require any challenge.

It would be great to have tables that make enemies have more HP or stuff like that, to build your own HARD MODE!! Why aren't there any tables like that?

STN
Founder
Founder

Re: Why aren't there any tables that make games harder?

Post by STN »

It's easy to do the reverse. Just take a table that make games easy and do the opposite.

For example, most one hit kills cheats give enemy 0 or 1 health, you can increase it?

The Mogician
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by The Mogician »

aweigh0101 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:33 pm
All I ever see are tables that allow you to cheat, but many modern games (specifically Steam releases of JRPGs) are piss-easy and become unplayable because they don't require any challenge.

It would be great to have tables that make enemies have more HP or stuff like that, to build your own HARD MODE!! Why aren't there any tables like that?
Because that is not why people cheat. People use cheat engine to give themselves an easy time, not to make the game harder. Although, you can very well use Cheat Engine to make the game harder by removing all your money, giving the enemy extra health etc.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

It's post like these that make me laugh :) First-up, he's on a forum where he gets "cheat tables". The mere definition of the word "cheat" sound like this: "act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage". Can I ask where's your advantage if you want to increase the game difficulty? o_O Paradoxes, man, really.

Eric
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by Eric »

I agree that some people do want options to make the game more difficult

Adjusting existing cheat tables is difficilt though as they usually change the enemy health to 1, and just reversing that will make the game unbeatable (unless you're a really extreme player)

but if there is a pointer to current health you can of course use that to lower your health. But you will need to write some extra code to force it within a range else healing items will quickly put you over and then you have to change it again. (and freeze with allow decrease won't work as you'll end up with health frozen at 0)

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

^ Funny :) Then you get to AI lists, advanced programming and so on. This guy here asked a very simple question without actually knowing what that involves, from the looks of it :D

danielyee
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by danielyee »

Hi morning to all great administration n founder fearlessrevolution..
Sir ..it there a way to stop the updating game..is too effect the original table..suddenly in nxt 1 hour so..updated..by yesterday totally 40 games in steam been updated include total war 3 kingdoms..battlegalactica game..her majesty s ship..etc..no way end.it effect the creator of table or trainers too..
I may say perfectly the group of fearlessrevolution are the great one compare to other..I really hope the blog can maintain in a long term quest..infact how many out there like us..wonder..am I
But of course..the great creator table never let us gamer down..appreciate the effort n time..salute you all sir..

danielyee
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by danielyee »

In order to salute n respect 9/11..my old buddy dies in this chaos..so when thos day come..I have a silent mourning him..he s a hacker too like us..but end up..to heaven..that s why ..in our old conversation..I did mention what to do on old games we buy..he says hand them out..that s why I doin it..in a volunteering way..guys u all keep it up..to adm

Csimbi
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by Csimbi »

aweigh0101 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:33 pm

Actually, quite a few of my tables come with the internal variables exposed that alter the values in runtime (scale the the income, damage, etc.).
By default, these are in favour of the player (given the nature of these forums) but you should just invert the values and then try to keep your pants on ;-)

Dread_Pony_Roberts
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Dread_Pony_Roberts »

I put a One Hit Kill on self for all of my released cheats, though mainly as a signature of mine. On some games its still a bit fair, but on others its impossible. If I can think of something then I may add them to some tables of mine, though I will try to keep them interesting.

ModEngine
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by ModEngine »

I want table where I can add more RAM to my system, Im to lazy to download more RAM from internet. Thanks.

Dread_Pony_Roberts
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Dread_Pony_Roberts »

Forget RAM, I'd rather download the internet.