Final Fantasy IX (Steam + Moguri Mod Installed)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Re: Final Fantasy IX (Steam + Moguri Mod Installed)

Post by DrummerIX »

Yes, I was using CE 6.8.3 and the Steam copy of the game and the Moguri installer of 7.0.1. You sure you have the right cheat file? It didn't work at first, but I fixed it.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

IFireflyl
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by IFireflyl »

DrummerIX wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:35 pm
Yes, I was using CE 6.8.3 and the Steam copy of the game and the Moguri installer of 7.0.1. You sure you have the right cheat file? It didn't work at first, but I fixed it.
Oh, man. I was using version 1.5. I never even saw 1.6. I'm going to say having the wrong file was my issue. As well as reading comprehension. :mellow:

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

I just did some testing with the ABP multiplier. It does 'kinda' work, but definitely not as intended.

OK, full list of the steps I took testing:

Loaded up the cheat db.
Started FFIX.
Opened the FFIX process in cheat engine, and kept the address list from the db.
Got to main menu; activated "Final Fantasy IX (Steam)" in the db.
Loaded up my save.
Opened/closed the menu.
Activated "Enable" in the db.
Activated "Scripts" in the db.
Put on equipment with an unlearned skill (40 AP to learn).
Got into a battle, won battle, got 2 AP (38 AP left to learn).
Activated "ABP Multiplier (Fight One Battle To Enable)". (did NOT activate the suboption)
Got into a battle, won battle, displayed 2 AP gained.
Checked equip screen, gained 15 AP (23 AP left to learn).
Checked db, noticed the multiplier was set to 15.
Activated the multiplier suboption, and set it to 5.
Checked equip screen, gained 5 AP (18 AP left to learn).
Without activating the multiplier suboption, I changed it's value to 3.
Checked equip screen, gained 3 AP (15 AP left to learn).
Deactivated "ABP Multiplier (Fight One Battle To Enable)".
Got into a battle, won battle, got 2 AP (13 AP left to learn).
Activated "ABP Multiplier (Fight One Battle To Enable)".
Noticed suboption reset itself to 15.
Without activating the multiplier suboption, I changed it's value to 1.
Checked equip screen, gained 2 AP (11 AP left to learn).
Activated multiplier suboption, keeping it set at 1.
Checked equip screen, gained 2 AP (9 AP left to learn).

So it looks like you flat out gain whatever the multiplier suboption is set to unless it's set to 1 (or possibly just less than you'd gain normally, didn't have any higher AP enemies near to test with), regardless of if the suboption is active or not.

Oh, and FFIX seems to freeze on exiting if db is enabled, and you need to close cheat engine before FFIX will finish exiting.

trust990
Cheater
Cheater

Post by trust990 »

DrummerIX wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:35 pm
Nice work DrummerIX, like always :wink: I have a question, which option or is there an option that makes the magic stones uses stay, because ever time i restart the game, I must put the magic stone again in the abilities slot.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

You have to not use the Infinite Magic Stones for the game to keep the stones in the slot. It does some check and if you have more than what's available, it doesn't keep them activated.

trust990
Cheater
Cheater

Post by trust990 »

DrummerIX wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:02 pm
You have to not use the Infinite Magic Stones for the game to keep the stones in the slot. It does some check and if you have more than what's available, it doesn't keep them activated.
Is there a way to bypass that?

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

Possibly, but I'm not looking for more options at the moment in this game.

trust990
Cheater
Cheater

Post by trust990 »

DrummerIX wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:03 pm
Possibly, but I'm not looking for more options at the moment in this game.
No. I thought that there were already an option on the Cheat table, But no problem. Keep up the good work.

Roxat
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Roxat »

At first thank you DrummerIX for the table, that's exactly what I was looking for. However, I have a small problem: I started a new game (Until the crash of the airship) and tried to modify the stats of the characters. It was possible to modify the HP and MP (current and max) without any problems. Other values like STR could not be changed. Am I possibly doing something wrong or is this a bug?

I am grateful for any help!

Fenixdown
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Fenixdown »

I'm having an issue that's confusing me, maybe someone can help. I was messing around with this table and it was working just fine, but now when I try to use the item editor, or exp multipliers, I can't edit the number, it only show 4 bytes under type. I didn't change any settings since it was working so I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm using the most up to date version of the table and CE version 6.8.3.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

Fenixdown wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:34 pm
I'm having an issue that's confusing me, maybe someone can help. I was messing around with this table and it was working just fine, but now when I try to use the item editor, or exp multipliers, I can't edit the number, it only show 4 bytes under type. I didn't change any settings since it was working so I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm using the most up to date version of the table and CE version 6.8.3.
Not sure what the issue is. Try redownloading the table or upgrading to CE 7.0 to see if that helps.

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

OK, so I've spent the last week trying to figure out how to find the Friendly Monsters flags in the save file, and I've essentially given up (I've managed to get the save file decrypted, but it should be a JSON and it's not, so it's probably still compressed in some way, and I have no clue how to uncompress it...), BUT... During my research, I did find this post by Tirlititi on the Steam forums:
[Link]
The data is stored in your save files, which is usually in your "Documents/Square Enix/Final Fantasy IX" folder (it's not the game's folder). It's a .sav file.

But it's not very easy to grasp that information...
The file is compressed. Once uncompressed, it's a Json file with different fields. The field "gEventGlobal" is a snapshot of the different important variables (those that are saved in save files at least). "gEventGlobal" consists of 2048 bytes. The Friendly Monster flags are the 194th byte.

The Summon flags are the 207th byte, so if you know where it is (through "on the fly" RAM viewer, like CheatEngine), the Friendly Monster flags are a bit before that.
I don't know the inner-workings of CheatEngine enough to make use of this (and I've failed utterly at making use if the info for the save files), but I'm hoping this info is enough for @DrummerIX to hopefully add some Friendly Monster encounter flags to the cheat table.

kurok
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by kurok »

Hello! I made an account only to say this:

Thank you!

depakene
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by depakene »

DrummerIX wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:15 am
I have Steam version of FF IX and version 7.01 version of Moguri installed. This table probably requires that as Moguri might change different things with different versions. It was working for me with that installed. I got it from the Moguri site, it has the 7.01 Moguri installer.

@DrummerIX hi, 100% steal is not working ... Could you take a look?

mamorukaiyo
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by mamorukaiyo »

having an interesting issue myself. seems that after doing the menu once in-game to enable it pops up an error saying "Failure injecting the MonoDatacollector dll" so confused as i'm using 7.0.1 and the 1.60 update and steam version :( so not sure what i'm doing wrong here :(