Re: Cross Code V1.0

Post by edale »

Here's a MUCH more customizable mod!

From the very start of the .js file:

Code: Select all

/// Cheat settings start
var xpcheat = 1; 		// 0 = off; 1 = on; turns the EXP multiplier cheat on /off
var xpmultiplier = 10; 		// Sets the EXP multiplier; only used if xpcheat = 1
var xpmingain = 1;		// Sets the minimum exp gained from an enemy; only used if xpcheat = 1
var creditcheat = 1;		// 0 = off; 1 = on; turns the credits gained multiplier cheat on /off
var creditmultiplier = 10;	// Sets the credits ganed multiplier; only used if creditcheat = 1
var ignorespcheat = 1; 		// 0 = off; 1 = on; turns the ignore SP cheat on /off
var overheatelim = 1; 		// 0 = off; 1 = on; turns the Overheat Elimination cheat on /off
var invincible = 1; 		// 0 = off; 1 = on; turns the invincibility cheat on /off
var spcheat = 1; 		// 0 = off; 1 = on; turns the SP does not decrease cheat on /off
var consumablecheat = 1; 	// 0 = off; 1 = on; turns the consumables do not decrease cheat on /off
var tradecheat = 1; 		// 0 = off; 1 = on; turns the trade does not consume items cheat on /off
var enemydropcheat = 1; 	// 0 = off; 1 = on; turns the 100% drop rate from enemies cheat on /off
var plantdropcheat = 1;		// 0 = off; 1 = on; turns the 100% drop rate from plants cheat on /off
// For normal EXP gain, with a 5 XP minimum gain per enemy killed, set: xpcheat = 1; xpmultiplier = 1; xpmingain = 5
/// Cheat settings end
As you can see, I cleaned things up QUITE a bit, when it comes to customizing things, you can even use this .js to play a completely vanilla game!

Big thanks go to 2767mr on the Crosscode Modding Discord channel for helping me figure out a syntax problem I was having while trying to code that!

Oh, and this one had a LOT more actual coding done compared to the previous mods, so it will be quite difficult, comparatively, to port this one to future versions if you don't know a bit about how to code (though to be fair, I don't know much about coding myself, lol).

Enjoy!

*edit- Was going through the thread, and spotted the mod I made a while back for a minimum xp gained, while normal exp if it was above that threshold, added it in for more customizability.

*edit2- Just clarifying a few things:
This mod is for CrossCode v1.1.0-3.

The min EXP gain mod is inserted literally one step before EXP is added and reported, which is several steps after the EXP multiplier is inserted. As an example of what this means:

Assume the normal EXP you'd gain is 1.

You have the multiplier set to 5.
You have min EXP gain set to 10.
You gain 10 EXP, because after the x5 multiplier you have less than 10 EXP, and the min gain mod kicks in.

You have the multiplier set to 10.
You have min EXP gain set to 5.
You gain 10 EXP, because after the x10 multiplier you have more than 5 EXP, so the min EXP gain mod doesn't kick in.

Just wanted to be sure no one thought that the min EXP gained would be multiplied if you used both mods at the same time, they work together fine.

*edit3- Huh... OK, So the attached file apparently spontaneously changed from a .7z to a .rar, and added a password to itself, then edited the password into my post... Weird.
File itself is unmodified... Not sure why a mod would step in and recompress it and add a password though...

*edit4- The modded file goes into:
\CrossCode\assets\js\

*edit5- "spcheat" actually affects CP, not SP (cheat works as intended, just named wrong). Updated .js located here:
viewtopic.php?p=98674#p98674

Password: frf
Attachments
game.compiled.rar
(686.59 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Last edited by edale on Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

NumberXer0
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by NumberXer0 »

edale wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:05 am

/// Cheat settings start
var xpmingain = 1;		// Sets the minimum exp gained from an enemy; only used if xpcheat = 1
var creditcheat = 1;		// 0 = off; 1 = on; turns the credits gained multiplier cheat on /off
var creditmultiplier = 10;	// Sets the credits ganed multiplier; only used if creditcheat = 1
var overheatelim = 1; 		// 0 = off; 1 = on; turns the Overheat Elimination cheat on /off
var spcheat = 1; 		// 0 = off; 1 = on; turns the SP does not decrease cheat on /off
var consumablecheat = 1; 	// 0 = off; 1 = on; turns the consumables do not decrease cheat on /off
var tradecheat = 1; 		// 0 = off; 1 = on; turns the trade does not consume items cheat on /off
var enemydropcheat = 1; 	// 0 = off; 1 = on; turns the 100% drop rate from enemies cheat on /off
var plantdropcheat = 1;		// 0 = off; 1 = on; turns the 100% drop rate from plants cheat on /off
// For normal EXP gain, with a 5 XP minimum gain per enemy killed, set: xpcheat = 1; xpmultiplier = 1; xpmingain = 5
/// Cheat settings end
As you can see, I cleaned things up QUITE a bit, when it comes to customizing things, you can even use this .js to play a completely vanilla game!

Big thanks go to 2767mr on the Crosscode Modding Discord channel for helping me figure out a syntax problem I was having while trying to code that!

Oh, and this one had a LOT more actual coding done compared to the previous mods, so it will be quite difficult, comparatively, to port this one to future versions if you don't know a bit about how to code (though to be fair, I don't know much about coding myself, lol).

Enjoy!

*edit- Was going through the thread, and spotted the mod I made a while back for a minimum xp gained, while normal exp if it was above that threshold, added it in for more customizability.

The min EXP gain mod is inserted literally one step before EXP is added and reported, which is several steps after the EXP multiplier is inserted. As an example of what this means:

You gain 10 EXP, because after the x5 multiplier you have less than 10 EXP, and the min gain mod kicks in.

You gain 10 EXP, because after the x10 multiplier you have more than 5 EXP, so the min EXP gain mod doesn't kick in.

Just wanted to be sure no one thought that the min EXP gained would be multiplied if you used both mods at the same time, they work together fine.
This is great, thanks! Its very nice having all of the options readily available and easy to change at the top. Very nice work.

VideoJones
Cheater
Cheater

Post by VideoJones »

edale wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:05 am

/// Cheat settings start
/// Cheat settings end

Enjoy!

*edit3- Huh... OK, So the attached file apparently spontaneously changed from a .7z to a .rar, and added a password to itself, then edited the password into my post... Weird.
File itself is unmodified... Not sure why a mod would step in and recompress it and add a password though...

*edit4- The modded file goes into:
\CrossCode\assets\js\

Password: frf
Is this possible to do on the game pass version? I think it might have something set up as I can't seem to edit/delete/replace the js file as I apparently don't have access.

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

VideoJones wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:55 pm
Is this possible to do on the game pass version? I think it might have something set up as I can't seem to edit/delete/replace the js file as I apparently don't have access.
OK, little bit of research tells me that game pass installs games to the WindowsApps directory "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\"
It takes a bit of work to access those files, even when logged in as an administrator.

Here's a walkthrough on getting access to that folder (you must be logged in as an administrator):
[Link]

Once you've done that, and gotten into that folder, you'll just need to locate exactly where in there it's installed, and you should be able to get into it to replace the .js.

I'd make any changes to the settings before copying the .js into the game directory though, just to simplify things (otherwise you'd need to run notepad++ as an administrator to be able to save any changes).

VideoJones
Cheater
Cheater

Post by VideoJones »

I went through the walkthrough just to make sure although I could access the folder, to begin with. The problem was that the .js folder couldn't be renamed, deleted, or copied over with the downloaded .js file as I apparently don't have access to that specific file.

I also saw that my account was already in the permissions for the WindowsApps folder, which makes me wonder if the games in there have just been locked down somehow (if that's possible).

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

Whelp... Copy the entire crosscode install into a new folder, install the JS into the copy, and run the copy. ;)

Barring that, you'll have to check the folder and file permissions for the js folder and file.

VideoJones
Cheater
Cheater

Post by VideoJones »

edale wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:12 pm
Whelp... Copy the entire crosscode install into a new folder, install the JS into the copy, and run the copy. ;)

Barring that, you'll have to check the folder and file permissions for the js folder and file.
I've managed to get access to everything but the .js file itself and I can't even see who has access to that or change it. I've tried copying/moving the entire folder, but various things in it including the .js don't get transferred as I can't seem to get ownership of them either. I think I'm just going to leave it until the unlikely event that someone else who's more capable with computers manages to get it working.

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

VideoJones wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:48 am
edale wrote:

I've managed to get access to everything but the .js file itself and I can't even see who has access to that or change it. I've tried copying/moving the entire folder, but various things in it including the .js don't get transferred as I can't seem to get ownership of them either. I think I'm just going to leave it until the unlikely event that someone else who's more capable with computers manages to get it working.
Screenshot the security tab of the properties for the .js file, along with the screen that pops up when you clicked 'advanced'.

Hopefully with those 2 screenshots I'll be able to figure out the problem.

VideoJones
Cheater
Cheater

Post by VideoJones »

edale wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:03 am
VideoJones wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:48 am
edale wrote:

Screenshot the security tab of the properties for the .js file, along with the screen that pops up when you clicked 'advanced'.

Hopefully with those 2 screenshots I'll be able to figure out the problem.

Hopefully that'll be enough. I added one of what I see when I go into the change owner screen as well.

Edit: I've also tried going onto the in-built admin account and trying to take ownership of it through command prompt and that said I didn't have access either.

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

VideoJones wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:14 am

Hopefully that'll be enough. I added one of what I see when I go into the change owner screen as well.

Edit: I've also tried going onto the in-built admin account and trying to take ownership of it through command prompt and that said I didn't have access either.
Interesting.... Only similar problems I've found in my (admittedly short) searching are: a problem with the Fall Windows 10 creators update from 2018, and/or a problem with the WebRoot antivirus program (info and potential workarounds: [Link])...
Try this:
[Link]
I downloaded the .reg files, and manually inspected the contents, and they're perfectly safe. I'd get the 'with pause' version.

VideoJones
Cheater
Cheater

Post by VideoJones »

I tried the .reg files as I don't have WebRoot and ended up with the same message again. I might just leave it and get it on Steam if I want to do this. Thanks for the help though.

Is what I got when I tried to take ownership of the .js

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

VideoJones wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:30 pm
I tried the .reg files as I don't have WebRoot and ended up with the same message again. I might just leave it and get it on Steam if I want to do this. Thanks for the help though.

Is what I got when I tried to take ownership of the .js
Whelp... Asides from trying to boot Windows into safemode, and trying to either copy the game directory or change the permissions for the .js like that... I can't think of much else to try without doing more research, and I'm too tired for that atm, lol.

I just swear I have the most annoying feeling that I could fix the problem in 5 seconds if I could actually sit down at the PC and work on it, lol.

VideoJones
Cheater
Cheater

Post by VideoJones »

I don't doubt it. It's times like this that make me wish I was more proficient with computers, but I'll have to get over it.

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

It just occurred to me... You can copy the entire contents of your CrossCode directory except for game.compiled.js, right?

So just copy the folder to a new location, and use my modded .js.

If the original .js is the only file you can't copy, and you're gonna replace it anyways... Why bother copying it to begin with?

VideoJones
Cheater
Cheater

Post by VideoJones »

edale wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:34 pm
It just occurred to me... You can copy the entire contents of your CrossCode directory except for game.compiled.js, right?

So just copy the folder to a new location, and use my modded .js.

If the original .js is the only file you can't copy, and you're gonna replace it anyways... Why bother copying it to begin with?
I can copy a lot of the directory, but not all of it as I've already tried. It just gives me the same ownership schtick as it does when I try to copy/move it by itself. I also don't know if the game would work if I try to move anything as I doubt game pass games would be as lenient with file location as Steam is.