Mortal Kombat 11 launcher by CH

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
STN
Founder
Founder

Re: Mortal Kombat 11 launcher by CH

Post by STN » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:04 am

CaliberCHResponder wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:02 pm
I can't do anything about what YOU do here, or what STN allows or doesn't allow MODS to do, which is obvious.

For the record, STN, I tried to do all this with PM's and not muddy up this thread. I've actually posted useful content here (which has been deleted on purpose in the past). I am not a MOD, obviously, and I SINCERELY tried to respond in as nice a way as I could.
I try to meddle in when i feel like it's needed but this is between you and Sunbeam and you two need to sort it out. I don't think he's doing anything wrong here, you posted a patcher, i liked it, however Sunbeam thinks it should be without any branding then so be it. It's not an unfair condition, would Chris allow Sunbeam to post his contributions on CH? My guess is no.

I don't know why you're acting surprised about being dragged into this. This all goes back to the FC5 drama. You and Chris made a big deal about the "idiot SB" modifying game files while you don't. Look what you've done here with Mk11. You can't expect history to just disappear.
For site updates, follow FRF's official Twitter, Facebook

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:36 am

Case and point.

Meanwhile, I got an appetite for another video, remembering how the fucker gloated CH was the first to have discovered a fucking command-line. Then bitching all over the place it was their method everyone else stole. Here you go, demonstrating how the "discovery" process is done: viewtopic.php?p=94601.

Enjoy.

CaliberCHResponder
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by CaliberCHResponder » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:47 pm

SunBeam wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:49 pm
Since we're sharing old artifacts, either publicly or over PMs, here:

Your non-boss clearly states CH doesn't condone "replacing game files". What does your MK11 patcher do, I hear? Hey, the timestamp's changed. So is the MD5. I wonder why :| Glad I kept that screenshot. Eat your words now.
"Software cracking (known as "breaking" in the 1980s[1]) is the modification of software to remove or disable features which are considered undesirable by the person cracking the software, especially copy protection features (including protection against the manipulation of software, serial number, hardware key, date checks and disc check) or software annoyances like nag screens and adware."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_cracking

I think we know the difference between removing anticheats either on disk or in memory vs. cracking software so that it runs without DRM or user password. Stuff like what you posted about cracking our trainers, THAT sort of stuff.

As I've stated already here, and other places, if I can LAUNCH A GAME without modifying the DRM of the game, then we will modify files that a user has on their harddrive if it's the simplest way to get around anti tamper or anti-debugger/anti-tools/anti-cheats. They aren't bypassing any DRM directly (i.e. the game STILL requires STEAM/UPLAY/whatever to run). At the time of FarCry 5 and etc, I hadn't and haven't had time to trace everything in each .dll to know what was being used for what. Unlike you with your nebulous name, we have actual names, and actual tax ID numbers, and actual address where we can be contacted and sued for stuff. So it pays to know if you are modifying anything for sure that may be misconstrued as cracking or breaking DRM. The fact is, that if the developers contact us, then we will remove our trainer if they can demonstrate our trainer is harming them, or harming the DRM of the game. We did Far Cry 5 in somewhat two different ways, but basically where the CreateRemoveThread stuff is at where check for EAC is done in the farcry main .dll and then just force it true, and in fact we shared PM's about our code spots and what techniques we did, especially after updates. I only modified one spot, you apparently modified two or maybe three (i don't recall) Each of us got inspired moments from each other or other groups' work. You actually put the technique and successful FIRST launch of Far Cry 5 without EAC before anyone else. In fact, I actually posted that very thing on the forum and congratulated you and said you should be proud or whatever it said. Interesting, that none of these things are in your post.

So I repeat: Look, I don't know how many times I have had to say it. YOU DO A GREAT JOB REVERSING AND HAVE A KNACK FOR EXPLAINING YOUR PROCESS HERE. NEITHER YOU NOR I ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT THIS. YOUVE DONE STUFF AHEAD OF OTHER PEOPLE OR UNIQUELY WITH SOME TITLES. I don't see why there needs to be a 'war' or some sort of dick contest here. I don't have time for that, and our resources are actually best used working on things as a team fashion or at least as allies against common problems/foes rather than wasting hours on these anti CH screeds. It doesn't even matter what I write back, you reject it, and the users here that would respond are completely synchophants. When people take the time to post content here and useful stuff, you are deleting it and destroying it if you don't like the person or the site they worked at. This is all YOU, not some other admin here.

Whatever man. Create and live in whatever universe you want here. I mean, you are the admin, so what can I do about it. I'd rather get along here, contribute, and try to exist side by side other direct competitors here, which I think we are all doing to an extend, but a single admin here who is angry that he got banned due to his own actions on the site is still holding on to grudges. It's not like you don't have access to CH, obviously. I don't have the ability to get you back in, sorry. I am but one vote out of 3 for that sort of thing.

My main reason for coming here, other than contributing from time to time, is to see if someone is ripping our work off or sharing our stuff, or defend our site when necessary. Although doing that is futile if the main attacker is an admin who can literally block you, change your text, etc.

best,
Cal
Last edited by CaliberCHResponder on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CaliberCHResponder
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by CaliberCHResponder » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:58 pm

STN wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:04 am
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:02 pm
I can't do anything about what YOU do here, or what STN allows or doesn't allow MODS to do, which is obvious.

For the record, STN, I tried to do all this with PM's and not muddy up this thread. I've actually posted useful content here (which has been deleted on purpose in the past). I am not a MOD, obviously, and I SINCERELY tried to respond in as nice a way as I could.
I try to meddle in when i feel like it's needed but this is between you and Sunbeam and you two need to sort it out. I don't think he's doing anything wrong here, you posted a patcher, i liked it, however Sunbeam thinks it should be without any branding then so be it. It's not an unfair condition, would Chris allow Sunbeam to post his contributions on CH? My guess is no.

I don't know why you're acting surprised about being dragged into this. This all goes back to the FC5 drama. You and Chris made a big deal about the "idiot SB" modifying game files while you don't. Look what you've done here with Mk11. You can't expect history to just disappear.

Well it's just the CH logo. I don't really WANT to have to recompile a simple loader TWICE to remove a LOGO that has zero links, zero words, zero anything. It's probably not even recognized as CH by 2/3 of the people who used it here.

Also, take note that we haven't publicly posted any documents detailing how WEMOD app works, how to bypass the login, or how you can access all the scripts, etc. anywhere. Probably would be harmful to do that, I mean you guys wouldn't like that information getting around, would you? Well you can understand why an individual would be banned from our site if they did that. Let's get real here.

I've posted my response on 'modifying files' to bypass EAC or other anti-cheats here in multiple places. Take it or leave it. There's WAY MORE discussion at the time than is being presented here, and 'history disappearing' is exactly what happens here, many times. It's a univision biased portrayal, but you are right... I don't know why I am surprised I am being dragged into stuff here again.

For Chris, Sunbeam became basically the enemy once he posted that stuff here. That happened. You know it happened. So his portrayal of Sunbeam calling him names and trying to crap all over him is coming from a real anger and real events. However, Chris in 2019 likely wouldn't do that, and has cooled quite a bit. There's work to be done, and frankly there's nothing in it for him/us to come in here and try to beat up on old foes in that manner any more. Probably I should take his lead and do the same. If it helps, I am sorry that someone called Sunbeam an 'idiot'. He clearly knows what he is doing with reversing. The problem I PERSONALLY have with him, and speaking for myself, is that he many times is a very caustic person to interact with. Not just me either, but obviously since I still come in here, and WEMOD/FRF and Sunbeam are tied together in many ways, plus you add historical events, well again it's no surprise. I've done my best to try and be civil and contribute. I admit I've allowed myself to get pulled into stuff, or made accusations without full proof, in fact to some people that I admire.

I've spoken with Sunbeam via PMs and likely Caliber won't be posting much any more here at FRF. We will see if what we talked about can coexist or work.

In the end its your site with your goals and rules. Me being here, mostly, just seems to cause endless useless postings of anti-CH and belittle Caliber type things where the time would have been better spent on games or other methods to get around stuff. I'd like to think I helped some, but I don't have a lot of time, and especially if it's going to be gruelling bullshit like this has been the last month.

best,
Cal

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:51 pm

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:58 pm
take note that we haven't publicly posted any documents detailing how WEMOD app works, how to bypass the login, or how you can access all the scripts, etc. anywhere. Probably would be harmful to do that, I mean you guys wouldn't like that information getting around, would you? Well you can understand why an individual would be banned from our site if they did that. Let's get real here.
I honestly don't know how WeMod would react to that. But if i was in power, i would probably want to know how you did all that and can make it better. Happened to my deviated site, the whole site was compromised and i actually ended up becoming good friends with Radex who did it.

But yeah, i get your point. I guess we all react differently to things.
For site updates, follow FRF's official Twitter, Facebook

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:29 am

For the nth time.. I did not get banned at CH for disclosing trainer engine or site related information. You're just fucking sugar coating it now. The public eyes knew nothing about what we talked by mail, privately, till you felt it was safe or realized there was some kind of bluff going on. That's when the word spread out that we had these kinds of talks.

I got banned cuz of a multitude of things. Mainly cuz you people can't accept someone calling you out on the shit you make public in your site as being imperfect. Any chance I got to point out stuff that was off, you saw it as me having something against CH. If you censor people on your site, of course you get frowned upon and eventually hate appears.

Furthermore, like I said repeatedly, if you build a business with public knowledge anyone has access to, don't fucking act like you trademarked it. Anyone can code, anyone can reverse engineer, anyone can debug. The difference between me and 'anyone' is the 1st and 2nd paragraphs. Give a man motive to hate you, he will act accordingly. And I'm the stubborn fucker who won't let go, right?... (you repeatedly said I pot banned for the most plausible reason to you that would have a somewhat demeaning effect to the public eye; and that's why I asked repeatedly you really check with Chris, rather than acting like you did and posting nonsensical shit)

CaliberCHResponder
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by CaliberCHResponder » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:20 pm

https://ibb.co/2jM2y0N

Why guess or wonder when I can ask directly.

At any rate, I personally think you are quite toxic/assholish at times as well, but mostly the bashing of our site/us and the ripping of our trainers being posted is what engaged the kill switch. I mean, accept it or don't.

In the end, I'd rather have peace and move on, but I have no control on things going back the way they were before the ripping incident.

best,
Cal

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:49 pm

I've uploaded it to imgur, as the link you provided above doesn't load at all for me. Got the pic through other means.

What I kindly ask you to do is edit your post and clearly explain what "ripping" means. To the gamehacking community, "a ripper" is a person who copies the operational content of a trainer and puts it in their own work, claiming it's theirs. In the context you specified, me ripping some shit from CH has nothing to do with that term. So let's be clear here what I actually did that is called "ripping". And I want actual proof that it was I the person posting 'ripped' (you mean CH trainers free of the "DRM" and all that embedded information CH has been using to check up on a trainer some user downloads from the site) trainers.

Like I said, when you find someone with a grudge on CH, the moment that person reveals that aspect, Chris will instantly fire up and ignore all fucking reasoning. His email above clearly states he has forgotten who exactly was the ripper here (someone in RES team) and is pinning it on me. Very easy to enumerate a ton of reasons to keep me guilty of things I didn't do.

If he speaks of me by association with a team I was part of doing cracks/reversing, just cuz CH became a target at the time, then why am I not allowed to think of you, Caliber, through association with CH? Why do you always say "leave me out" when you're associated with CH? Want to be left alone - then fucking use reason when it comes to pointing fingers.

The way I see it now, you still stick to what Chris has to say; even more, you re-emphasized in your text under that picture link what you think of me and tried to interpret, without actual facts, what Chris said in that email. Well, if I'm that important to you guys to be handled seriously, then please, enough with the charade and let's each of us remain at what we think of one another. Better this way; as I recall, I was fine in this state. You were the one bitching I am bashing you.

Thanks for letting me know, by the way, CH still thinks those of me. You want change coming from my part? Well.. It can't be unilateral. Really now.

As far as his statements:
  • everyone knows I am an asshole, no secret in that
  • the "tools" I designed: a Lua script that hooks WriteProcessMemory; in ANYTHING; ah, that it also does it in CH trainers, that's something else; timeline-wise, when was this tool created? back when I was "banned" at CH or somewhat recently? thanks
  • "I hate him": duly noted
  • "no reason to be at our site": so my money is not the same as other people's money; good to know; of course, who am I to teach Chris that every penny counts (I mean, look where you are now, on which forum, debating with which user to let you still advertise CH in some form of another)
  • the last part is self-explanatory: "I don't know the shit you do, that's why I'm speaking my mind generally and without interest on the persona or what he actually does; I hate his guts, so in my eyes, it's like how I said it; not how it actually really is; of course, I'm not interested in the reality when it comes to him" - - how much does Chris know about trainer making or reversing? (rhetorical)
BR,
Sun