Speed Hack (Slow Motion) doesn't work properly on some games

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
kibblz
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Speed Hack (Slow Motion) doesn't work properly on some games

Post by kibblz »

Why on some games for example, Batman Arkham Asylum, the speed hack doesn't work properly. It slows down time but instead of the usual smooth slow motion, it's choppy/laggy. What causes this? I know it's the game itself but why? Is it related to fps or something? Because I noticed for example in RE2 Remake when I changed the fps to 60 instead of variable, it did the same choppy slow motion. Same thing on some old pc game I tried as well (the game didn't have any graphic settings either)

Is there a way to make it work or another program out there I could try?
Last edited by kibblz on Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Archerodees
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Speed Hack (Slow Motion) doesn't work properly on some games

Post by Archerodees »

I've noticed this on only two games I own. Turok 2 on Steam and recently purchased Command & Conquer 3 TW. Perhaps others that I haven't installed yet

I think it must be the engine, like old engines and maybe a Vsync issue. I'd love to know if its possible to get it to work on Turok 2 more than anything.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Re: Speed Hack (Slow Motion) doesn't work properly on some games

Post by SunBeam »

You can't possibly expect an external tool which is a DLL btw to operate in sync with the game's internal clock. You use CE's speedhack because you can't do it on your own, yet you question why it doesn't work like you want it to. How about you learn how to do it without CE's speedhack? :)