Overload

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
Csimbi
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Overload

Post by Csimbi »

I tried this game, it's a pretty good Descent successor.
I did not play it much, just the first few levels to see whether it's worth paying for.
Well, it is, so I stopped playing as I intend to buy it once it goes on sale and then come back to it later.
There might be some extra campaigns and the little guidebot waiting for me, too (I did not see a guidebot in the game in the first few levels).

Here's the table I quickly put together.
The scripts are not merged.
- Infinite Energy; just blatantly writes 100 constantly
- Infinite Armour; just blatantly writes 100 constantly
- Refire Time Decay mod; Increasing the decay rate speeds up the primary weapon (the wait time between shots is less).
- Pointers to Upgrade Points, Super Upgrade points and XP (pointer is grabber when the weapon is fired).
- Flare Light Range mod; updates the flare light's range dynamically (meaning it also applies to flares already fired).

Mind you, the devs included anti-cheat code (to detect speedhack, timer hacks, code modification, modifications to protected values, etc.).
That means these scripts WILL trigger the anti-cheat code, and as such, prevent completing achievements on Steam in single player.
I did not bother finding out what these anti-cheat code snippets do in multiplayer as it's a no-no on most forums anyway.

You could try energy and armour scripts with newer versions, the pointers will surely break (you could try adjusting them on your own).

So, until it goes on sale: ta ta!

PS.
For anyone interested, energy and shield are floats, however they are obfuscated.
First, they are XORed with a key and then, their bytes are swapped, too ;-)
Mind you, a new XOR key is generated every few seconds and the value is re-encoded with the new key.
I did not bother wasting CPU time on this rubbish hence my scripts keep rewriting the key and the value to a fixed preset corresponding to exactly 100.0.

Update #1
So, the game was on sale and I bought it.
I updated the script that was not working for 1880 (the previous version is still there in case someone wants it).

Update #2
Added a script to mod the flare's light's range (both plain and sticky).

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
1FROverload.CT
(25.07 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Last edited by Csimbi on Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.

goldug
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Overload

Post by goldug »

Hey. I tried it, but it doesn't work. The first time I could "open" two of the three scripts, but not the third (which is the one I wanted). The second time (and all the times after that), none of the scripts would "open" at all. I even tried to repair the scripts, but that was pointless since I have no idea what I'm doing...
You know what, I'm dumb. I was using the wrong version of the game.
Any chance you would update it to build 1880? :)

Csimbi
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by Csimbi »

Done

Swaggaccino
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Swaggaccino »

Any chance you could update it? I ran cheatengine normally to look up the values of the upgrade points, found it, changed it, it worked, bought all the upgrades, but as soon as I launch the game, everything reverts to normal. Absolutely bizarre that a single player only game has an anticheat. Thanks!