Mono can't find address

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
jgoemat
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Mono can't find address

Post by jgoemat »

Maybe something to do with registering SENDDAMAGE_MANIPULATION as a symbol? If that sticks around, it may interfere with your define. Since your define() is outside the enable and disable it should work for both and you shouldn't need to register the symbol. Also it's probably best to add an assert(SENDDAMAGE_MANIPULATION,F3 0F 11 A8 84 00 00 00) in your enable script to make sure the code is exactly what you expect.

Also your alloc should alloc relative to your injection point, which may not be in the same area as the exe, i.e.:

alloc(code,$1024,SENDDAMAGE_MANIPULATION)

fantomas
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by fantomas »

Bakfiets wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:08 am
The script enables but doesn't inject when using the Mono-address, but DOES when I scan for the aob.
When using "go to address" in the disassembler with "HealthHandler:sendDamage+4af" takes me to a different address, not even close to where i want to be. If i use the AOB then it puts me at the right address.
Does anyone have and idea's or suggestions?
Because you have there two (2) same 'sendDamage' methods in a one same function (HealthHandler)

FreeER
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by FreeER »

fantomas wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:00 pm
Bakfiets wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:08 am
The script enables but doesn't inject when using the Mono-address, but DOES when I scan for the aob.
When using "go to address" in the disassembler with "HealthHandler:sendDamage+4af" takes me to a different address, not even close to where i want to be. If i use the AOB then it puts me at the right address.
Does anyone have and idea's or suggestions?
Because you have there two (2) same 'sendDamage' methods in a one same function class (HealthHandler)
I remember one of the original mono forum topics I read having a somewhat complex solution for this... afaik CE still doesn't offer anything out of the box. Found it: [Link]

edit: lol I just reread the first page and realized I'd shared the same forum topic before xD admittedly nearly 2 full years ago (yay necroposting lol)
Maybe quoting posts more than a month old should have the date in big bold red text or something lol
And/or have a warning for commenting on something where the last post is over a month old, but I'm sure that happens fairly often with games updating and get ignored by people who tend to necro post anyway :) Though I imagine that's not the case here lol