Converting cheat engine scripts from PC version to Mac Version

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
bukkakestar
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Converting cheat engine scripts from PC version to Mac Version

Post by bukkakestar »

Im gaming on my mac. I can use cheat engine to do your typical easy 4 byte search,etc. But when it comes to the premade .ct files that has scripts, those files just dont work for the Mac version of cheat engine. Wondering if theres a way to convert these files so I can use on Mac games with mac cheat engine.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Converting cheat engine scripts from PC version to Mac Version

Post by TimFun13 »

Mac uses different executables then Windows. So most, if not all, cheat tables won't work for both.

https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopi ... =16&t=9519

bukkakestar
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by bukkakestar »

I understand mac and pc uses different executables. Thats why I'm asking all you who understands the coding scripts, is there an easy fix to the script to get it to work on macs. For example, maybe just changing certain words in a script and replacing with another word, example, replace all words with .exe to .app , something like this. Or is it more complex than this where you really need to have a whole different script. If its the latter, I hope we can create a cheat section specifically for macs. Yes I do use bootcamp to play my pc games, but there are now an amazing amount of titles you can play directly on the mac side. Like Dead Cells, Deus Ex Mankind, Hollow Knight, Rise of Tomb Raider, Hitman,Katana Zero, just a few of great titles on macs.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

Most likely no, you'd need to just make a CT for the MAC version of the game. But you could look into running the games in a VM, I've seen this work on Linux.

Basically it boils down to different compilers being used, so the executable code ends up being too different for the CTs to work on both. So different registories and different APIs are used to make things work in the game, thus different hooks/hacks have to be written to make the desired changes.