Octopath Traveler (Steam)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
Impala
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Octopath Traveler (Steam)

Post by Impala »

Drummer just curious, when you tried making some of the scripts did you get memcpy's

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

Yes, it is using memcpy for almost everything. I guess the work is being done on the stack and the same function is being used for many things.

Impala
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Impala »

I didn't want to hook a memory copy that is being used for multiple things, so I was curious what you would do. I am learning through your table though.

Are you breakpoints and tracing back to the unreal exe?

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

I did break and trace at first, but it was going back to code that was always executing also, so I decided just to do pointer scan and setup things similar to a gameshark that writes to those pointers every second with a timer for some scripts.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

With the way this game is coded, it's difficult to make scripts, but I resorted to using timers that seems to work well for me.

I cannot think of anything else major that I am able to do for options, so I think the table is mostly feature complete. I might update it if something else comes up as I play through the game. Let me know of any issues you all run across.

KS212
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by KS212 »

What's the trick to make the item editor 'refresh' the slots? After editing one item I can't seem to get it to change or realize there's something else in the first slot.

Would it be possible to do a 'shop sells <item>' code? ie pick the item from the dropdown and whatever you buy from a store will give you that item? Or is the way the game's coded going to make that difficult?

Impala
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Impala »

KS212 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:07 pm
What's the trick to make the item editor 'refresh' the slots? After editing one item I can't seem to get it to change or realize there's something else in the first slot.

Would it be possible to do a 'shop sells <item>' code? ie pick the item from the dropdown and whatever you buy from a store will give you that item? Or is the way the game's coded going to make that difficult?
Almost anything triggers it, I equipped an item and it turned everything in my inventory to the set amount

I know what you mean now, that isn't an item editor. That's just a pointer to the first item slot.
Last edited by Impala on Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Impala
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Impala »

A cool feature would be to be able to change H'aanit's beasts she can summon to high summons amount, or even like the item script you have but for the amount she can summon

KS212
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by KS212 »

ImpalaPUA wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:11 pm
KS212 wrote:

Almost anything triggers it, I equipped an item and it turned everything in my inventory to the set amount
Oh no, I mean I want to get the item I edited OUT of slot 1. Currently say I edited some healing grapes into Werner's Sword... but now I can't get that sword out of slot 1 or replace slot 1 with more grapes so I can edit another item.

Impala
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Impala »

KS212 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:14 pm
ImpalaPUA wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:11 pm
KS212 wrote:

Oh no, I mean I want to get the item I edited OUT of slot 1. Currently say I edited some healing grapes into Werner's Sword... but now I can't get that sword out of slot 1 or replace slot 1 with more grapes so I can edit another item.
It's not an edit item script, it changes the amount you have

But that's obsolete because there is a set minimum item amount script now

KS212
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by KS212 »

ImpalaPUA wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:49 pm

It's not an edit item script, it changes the amount you have

But that's obsolete because there is a set minimum item amount script now
Yah. I'm hoping Drummer can make an item editor of some sorts, or shop editor. I'm guessing shop editor may be easier.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

The items are stored in the order you receive them and never resort. An item editor is not too feasible unless I let you pick the slot but you don't know what order you picked up the items. I attempted a Shop Override, but the game is coded to use basically the same function for almost everything from what I can tell. It's difficult to pin down something to only affect shop items.

I may look for pointer to shop item if I can pin that down but that's also a little hard to search for as it usually doesn't change values.

I may look in codes for H'aanit when I get her. I'm playing through some of the game now and am open to some more options if I can pin them down. Might not have too much more time today to do things, but I'll see.

KS212
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by KS212 »

DrummerIX wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:16 pm
The items are stored in the order you receive them and never resort. An item editor is not too feasible unless I let you pick the slot but you don't know what order you picked up the items. I attempted a Shop Override, but the game is coded to use basically the same function for almost everything from what I can tell. It's difficult to pin down something to only affect shop items.

I may look for pointer to shop item if I can pin that down but that's also a little hard to search for as it usually doesn't change values.

I may look in codes for H'aanit when I get her. I'm playing through some of the game now and am open to some more options if I can pin them down. Might not have too much more time today to do things, but I'll see.
Didn't know it was that difficult/messily coded, ugh.

Maybe map/expose the pointers to say the first 10 or 20 inventory slots and call it a day?

negroted
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by negroted »

How about classes?

zachillios
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by zachillios »

DrummerIX wrote:

I tried tracing the shop instruction as well and came up with virtually nothing. Would be awesome to get an item editor though.
KS212 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:30 pm
DrummerIX wrote:

Didn't know it was that difficult/messily coded, ugh.

Maybe map/expose the pointers to say the first 10 or 20 inventory slots and call it a day?
I went ahead and did just that. Here's the first 50 slots.
Attachments
Octopath Traveler - Inventory Editor.CT
Credit to Drummer for the pointer
(2.07 MiB) Downloaded 275 times