Is everything okay with the official CE site?

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
TheBigDawg
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Is everything okay with the official CE site?

Post by TheBigDawg »

So I just realized my version is super outdated (I'm using 6.8.1) so I go to the site to download the EXE, and instead of getting the download directly I get some adware (which I close, obviously) and when the download pops up it turns out I'm not downloading from CE's site so I cancelled it.

Was it hacked? I'm running scans now, but...

GreenHouse
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Is everything okay with the official CE site?

Post by GreenHouse »

Step 1:
- Click here and wait a few seconds:

Step 2:
- Click here and wait some more seconds, may vary to 10/15 seconds and the download will start automatically:
Last edited by GreenHouse on Thu May 09, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheBigDawg
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TheBigDawg »

Yeah, that's the problem. It's obviously not downloading from CE's site itself, it's a hijack and Malwarebytes won't even let me download it, unlike with 6.8.1.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

At "[Link]" there is a link for CE without the auto setup, so you'd just have to fallow the directions to manually install CE. And this is hosted on the CE server.
For those that want to have Cheat engine without automated installer and installCore recommendation during installation, click [Link] (Please note that you need to clear your registry manually if you ran a previous version of CE and make sure that the folder CE is extracted to is writable. Also, in windows 10 make sure you add execute access rights to the folder for the win10 app user account)

Eric
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by Eric »

It's safe and valid. After clicking the download button , and you're using chrome, then on the right side of the screen is a link that says "Skip to download" Click that and it'll download

TheBigDawg
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TheBigDawg »

Eric wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:28 am
It's safe and valid. After clicking the download button , and you're using chrome, then on the right side of the screen is a link that says "Skip to download" Click that and it'll download
Yup, saw that. Figured out what's going on, my anti-virus isn't even letting me install it, it's just straight up deleting the EXE as soon as it downloads. Not even quarantine, just deletion.