edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Cross Code V1.0

Post by edale »

Lord Blade wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:37 pm
So, new aggravation to make a request for. lol

I've got access to the brewing maching. Jeeze that thing is crazy. Keeping high heat, while doing things in time and all that? I'm terrible at it.
My advice there? Keep trying until you can clear the introductory quest and unlock the repeatable one, then move on in the game and come back later.

It may seem insane now, but by the time you get to the later areas of the game it'll seem much easier.

As far as cheats for the area? I'm not aware of any.

Some quick looking through the files tells me that the files that would need to be edited are either:
assets\data\enemies\heat\special\brew-machine.json
or
assets\data\enemies\heat\special\brew-bubbler.json

But looking through the code of both I can't make heads or tails of any of it... Should give a starting point for anyone better at coding to take a look though.

inknow
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by inknow »

@edale can I make a request? I'm looking for overheat reduction (halving it should be enough), x10 gold, min 5 exp gain, and %100 drop rate. I don't want to trivialize the game, I just want to lessen the grind.

Thank you!

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

inknow wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:06 am
@edale can I make a request? I'm looking for overheat reduction (halving it should be enough), x10 gold, min 5 exp gain, and %100 drop rate. I don't want to trivialize the game, I just want to lessen the grind.

Thank you!
The current exp code multiplies the exp gained, so at 5x exp, the min exp you'll gain is 5.

I might be able to modify the code a bit so you have normal exp gain, but if it's less than 5 it'll give 5 instead, but I'm not sure I can make it work.

You want 5x exp; or normal exp, with 5 exp minimum?

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

inknow wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:06 am

Thank you!
-Overheat Reduction (50 to 100, should about 1/2 it, I believe)
-10x gold
-100% drop rate from plants and enemies
-Normal exp gain with a 5 exp minimum gain (yea, I made it work)
Attachments
game.compiled-inknow.zip
(719.28 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

inknow
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by inknow »

Sorry I disappeared for a day, didn't expect that prompt of a response! Thank you very much!

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

inknow wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:12 am
Sorry I disappeared for a day, didn't expect that prompt of a response! Thank you very much!
No problem.

The mods themselves are a matter of 5-6 minutes to make; so it's not really an issue customizing one like this.

inknow
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by inknow »

TBH I have some coding experience so I looked over the script and

what in the name of holy fuck is those var names.

The code itself isn't too complex - but just reverse engineering the meaning out of the code is just mind boggling. Kudos to whoever did that, and shame on the devs.

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

inknow wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:58 am
TBH I have some coding experience so I looked over the script and

what in the name of holy fuck is those var names.

The code itself isn't too complex - but just reverse engineering the meaning out of the code is just mind boggling. Kudos to whoever did that, and shame on the devs.
It's called code obfuscation. There's some info about the process here:
[Link]
Specifically, CrossCode uses Rename Obfuscation.

And some of the sections still have strings which let you figure out vaguely what that chunk of code is for.

inknow
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by inknow »

edale wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:34 pm
[Link]

And some of the sections still have strings which let you figure out vaguely what that chunk of code is for.
But why would they do it in this case though? Who does that benefit? It's not like they really need to secure anything because it's a single player game.

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

inknow wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:01 am
edale wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:34 pm
[Link]

But why would they do it in this case though? Who does that benefit? It's not like they really need to secure anything because it's a single player game.
It's copywritten code, they don't want people just copy/pasting it into their own game.

Lord Blade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Lord Blade »

Techno665 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:50 am
Timers:
Double
(For Timers Use Value between and set them 1 second before and 1 after E.g. if it was 5 Seconds, use 4 and 6, don't worry about doing decimals, E.g. if you have 5.23 Seconds just do 4 and 6)
I've been trying that, but I haven't been able to find a value.
If I do an ALL search, I find values, but they only seem to be the display numbers, and not the actual timers (so switches still reset).

I'm in the Sapphire area and just horribly screwed with all the timed jumping and hitting switches and such. Not coming anywhere close to getting it in time.

Techno665
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Techno665 »

Lord Blade wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:45 pm
Techno665 wrote:
Timers:
Double
(For Timers Use Value between and set them 1 second before and 1 after E.g. if it was 5 Seconds, use 4 and 6, don't worry about doing decimals, E.g. if you have 5.23 Seconds just do 4 and 6)
If I do an ALL search, I find values, but they only seem to be the display numbers, and not the actual timers (so switches still reset).

I'm in the Sapphire area and just horribly screwed with all the timed jumping and hitting switches and such. Not coming anywhere close to getting it in time.
Hey, sorry for the late reply, Are you talking about the Baton Pond area, Right of the campfire area at the bottom of Sapphire Ridge, if so them unfortunately the Timer hack dosen't work, however i have another solution for you, if you go into your game files and "CrossCode\assets\data\maps\forest" and find a file called path-13.json, you can change the time length there, just search for duration":80 and change 80 to whatever you would like your time to be.
Note: Time is in seconds so 80 is 1 min 20 sec, I recommend setting it to ether 300 for 5 min, or 600 for 10 min, if you think you will need that long

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

Techno665 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:30 am
Lord Blade wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:45 pm
Techno665 wrote:
Timers:
Double

Hey, sorry for the late reply, Are you talking about the Baton Pond area, Right of the campfire area at the bottom of Sapphire Ridge, if so them unfortunately the Timer hack dosen't work, however i have another solution for you, if you go into your game files and "CrossCode\assets\data\maps\forest" and find a file called path-13.json, you can change the time length there, just search for duration":80 and change 80 to whatever you would like your time to be.
Note: Time is in seconds so 80 is 1 min 20 sec, I recommend setting it to ether 300 for 5 min, or 600 for 10 min, if you think you will need that long
If your talking about the small area that was added in the 1.3 update to finish off the broken equipment quest it's actually a lot easier to make the time if you start from the end, and hit the switches in reverse order.
[Link]

Lord Blade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Lord Blade »

So they made a small patch recently and the edited file needs to be updated.

edale
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by edale »

Lord Blade wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:32 am
So they made a small patch recently and the edited file needs to be updated.
There was an update to 1.0.3-3? I'm not seeing it anywhere... Did you try putting the modded files back, in case it just reverted to the stock game.compiled.js?

*edit- OK, wow, looks like ONLY Steam got 1.0.3-3 (I got mine on GoG... I want my ninja skin...), and it was actually an April Fools joke to add SPEED LINES!!!!!!!!!!, with a second hotfix to reduce the speed lines to only important fights.

I don't have access to this update. If you upload a copy of your unmodded v1.0.3-3 game.compiled.js, I can mod it for you though.

*edit2- Oh wow, they made all the trees "perfectly normal" as well, lol. Why do GoG customers have to get shafted with all the fun extras?