CE Not working in game

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
IceWater
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

CE Not working in game

Post by IceWater »

I've gone through the tutorials provided with CE and feel like I understand the mechanics pretty well, but when load RE2 and load in one of the tables provided, the cheat engine acts like nothing is there. The table clearly loads, but I cannot select 'enable' or interact with it in any fashion.

For the life of me i'm trying to figure out why this is happening.

The script loaded fine once before, but -something- changed since then and frankly I have no idea what.

[Link]

Any help is appreciated.

zachillios
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: CE Not working in game

Post by zachillios »

If I had to guess, you're using a pirated version of the game, and the table is made for the retail version of the game which has been updated recently. Your copy of the game is out of date, so it doesn't work properly with the newer table versions.

IceWater
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by IceWater »

I bought it through steam, so if it's a pirated copy count me even more confused.

Edited. It randomly started working after a computer reboot. Except now it's not letting me modify the tables. (cannot change values. Everything is locked/redded out)
Last edited by IceWater on Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zachillios
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by zachillios »

IceWater wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:08 pm
I bought it through steam, so if it's a pirated copy count me even more confused. I would say that they just updated the game today might play a role in it?
If your copy of the game is official, then definitely update to the newest version. Also make sure since you do have the steam version, that you're using the most recent version of said table.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

I just love people who are assuming stuff :D zachillios started with an assumption, then when he got busted, he thought "why, let me continue; 'still, update your game'". How about you freakin' do it properly?

All the tables I've seen use A L L O C. What this does it it allocates the memory you want to use either CLOSE or FAR from the game process. When the allocation is CLOSE, the JMP to the hook (our allocated memory) is 5 bytes long. When the allocation is FAR, the JMP to the hook eats up 14 bytes. Given almost (there are some, you know who you are; *claps*) no fuck on this forum takes that into consideration, the major ASSUMPTION here is the "JMP is always 5 bytes". And that is where you're dead wrong. If your memory at the time of running the game is clogged in a ton shit of processes, CE will not be able to find a spot close to the game process, thus will do a FAR allocation. When that happens, your "JMP hook" (which should be 5 bytes long -> E9 xx xx xx xx) becomes 14 bytes (FF 25 xx ...) and "eats" up bytes from the next instructions. In which event your game CRASHES when returning from the cave/hook.

That's why. Not cuz he's running a pirated version.

@IceWater: Please enable the script at main menu. And post in the proper section (or game's topic, in Tables section). Not in "Generic Tutorials". OK?

IceWater
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by IceWater »

Reposted in appropriate thread

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8539&p=79249#p79249

Thanks for help.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration