Resonance of Fate 4K HD Edition

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
predprey
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Resonance of Fate 4K HD Edition

Post by predprey »

Rebel_1852 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:23 am
I did some testing. Game worked fine without using CE at all for 30 minutes. I am not using any extra mods for the game, I am playing it vanilla right out of the box. So the button issue isnt tied to anything the developer did as far as I can tell.

Turned on CE with item increase, bezel, resonance, and movement. Game crashed when i entered an elevator area. Restart game, just bezel, resonance and movement. Game crashed as random battle animation starts. Restart game, just item increase, resonance, and movement, game crashed when entering an elevator area. Restart game, item increase, bezel, and movement. Game runs fine for 30 minutes. Figure the problem is resonance.

Restart game, just turn on resonance, game dies after a finish a battle. Restart game, turn on item increase, bezel, and movement. Played for hours, no problems to report.

TLDR; Resonance seems to be broken. If i actually make it into battle, the cheat works, but it eventually crashes my game.

P.S. Never did get the nonresponsive controller issue again...
Thanks for the information. I managed to reproduce the unresponsive controller by entering a core elevator area but I still can't get a crash to occur (not sure why it's the reverse for me). So for now I updated the Infinite Resonance code to fix the controller issue (for me at least). Please tell me if the crash still occurs.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

KS212
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by KS212 »

Done some testing by repeatedly entering/leaving the Core elevator areas and also travelling up and down a few times. No crashes and no controller issues with the new table so far.

That being said I was never getting any crashes either like predprey... The controller button bug was reproducable but seems to be fixed with the new table, thanks pred!

j0ny
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by j0ny »

Just finished a dungeon and travelling to different Core Lift with the new table with Infinite Resonance enabled, No crashes so far. Thanks for the update.

KS212
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by KS212 »

This kind of has me curious as to what other code lives around the same area as the Inf Resonance code... It seems that the other areas don't get touched hence why the AoB's have lived thus far.

predprey
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by predprey »

KS212 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:28 am
This kind of has me curious as to what other code lives around the same area as the Inf Resonance code... It seems that the other areas don't get touched hence why the AoB's have lived thus far.
The Inf Resonance AoB would not have survived anyhow. It wasn’t the normal change of offsets such that using wildcards in the AoB can allow it to survive version updates. The offending section was the AoB for the subroutine call that resets resonance points back to 0 when doing a tri hero action. The subroutine call between this and the last version was different resulting in all surrouding bytes to be completely different. Thus, I needed to redo the entire process of creating cheat instead of just searching using the surrounding bytes of the previous version.

KS212
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by KS212 »

predprey wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:23 am

The Inf Resonance AoB would not have survived anyhow. It wasn’t the normal change of offsets such that using wildcards in the AoB can allow it to survive version updates. The offending section was the AoB for the subroutine call that resets resonance points back to 0 when doing a tri hero action. The subroutine call between this and the last version was different resulting in all surrouding bytes to be completely different. Thus, I needed to redo the entire process of creating cheat instead of just searching using the surrounding bytes of the previous version.
Aha, so whatever they do it always somehow changes that section all around. I take it the surviving cheats are because those regions were completely untouched?

predprey
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by predprey »

KS212 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:12 am
predprey wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:23 am

Aha, so whatever they do it always somehow changes that section all around. I take it the surviving cheats are because those regions were completely untouched?
Not always, I presume it has to do with some of the changes is 1.0.0.2. Probably this:
- Improved the graphic transitions during random battles in the world and dungeon maps.

Normally during game updates, data structures and also the relative position of executable code changes around. So if your AoB signature include bytes that are part of the address part of opcodes such as the latter part of mov eax, [example.exe+FFFF], the bytes will become outdated as the address and offsets are different between versions. That is why as far as possible I use AoBs signatures that do not include such bytes or if really needed use wildcards (*) to skip comparison for the offsets.

However, in this case, the game update for the random battle probably changed the battle function which handles tri movement resonance points, invalidating the entire code (the resetting part) previously. So it isn't just a simple matter of offsets becoming outdated. I needed debug everything again and find out where is the subroutine call resetting the resonance points back to 0.

KS212
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by KS212 »

predprey wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:38 am

Not always, I presume it has to do with some of the changes is 1.0.0.2. Probably this:
- Improved the graphic transitions during random battles in the world and dungeon maps.

Normally during game updates, data structures and also the relative position of executable code changes around. So if your AoB signature include bytes that are part of the address part of opcodes such as the latter part of mov eax, [example.exe+FFFF], the bytes will become outdated as the address and offsets are different between versions. That is why as far as possible I use AoBs signatures that do not include such bytes or if really needed use wildcards (*) to skip comparison for the offsets.

However, in this case, the game update for the random battle probably changed the battle function which handles tri movement resonance points, invalidating the entire code (the resetting part) previously. So it isn't just a simple matter of offsets becoming outdated. I needed debug everything again and find out where is the subroutine call resetting the resonance points back to 0.
Ah, got it. Thanks for the explanation :)

wittydeaf
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by wittydeaf »

Hey Pred, perhaps this is impossible task but again CheatEngine proven otherwise. I like your Hex Restriction script, I wonder if it is possible that can apply to gun customization?

predprey
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by predprey »

wittydeaf wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:52 pm
Hey Pred, perhaps this is impossible task but again CheatEngine proven otherwise. I like your Hex Restriction script, I wonder if it is possible that can apply to gun customization?
what is it supposed to do? afaik gun customization is limited by 2 factors, first the parts have to be placed within the grid, second the parts have to match the linking symbol. so if you want the script to ignore the linking symbols so parts can be placed anywhere, it will still be limited by the grid spaces.

so in the end, you get a script with little use because you can only place so many parts before it is capped by the grid and based on my playthrough on ps3 i believe you can fill ~90% of the grid without cheating.

may i suggest to you that what you really want is a script that can allow you to max out or edit the attributes of a gun part or gun directly?

wittydeaf
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by wittydeaf »

My intention with gun customization is ignoring the linking symbols, the grid space is not a problem.

Changing the attributes on gun parts and gun directly is a neat idea. I don't mind that if it is possible for you. I reviewed this thread to make sure if the questions was asked before, it seem it might be impossible because of tri-ace anti-cheating. I don't know if it have anti-cheat functions on the guns but I am curious if it is possible. If it is not, then it is fine. Your current tables did amazing for my gameplay. Just thought if requesting more option would be possible. I hope I am clear, sorry if I am being confused.

predprey
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by predprey »

wittydeaf wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:09 pm
My intention with gun customization is ignoring the linking symbols, the grid space is not a problem.

Changing the attributes on gun parts and gun directly is a neat idea. I don't mind that if it is possible for you. I reviewed this thread to make sure if the questions was asked before, it seem it might be impossible because of tri-ace anti-cheating. I don't know if it have anti-cheat functions on the guns but I am curious if it is possible. If it is not, then it is fine. Your current tables did amazing for my gameplay. Just thought if requesting more option would be possible. I hope I am clear, sorry if I am being confused.
in that case it's possible to have a script to ignore the links. just that i do not understand why would anyone want that except for the lulz, so i lack the interest in making it.

asdfen
Cheater
Cheater

Post by asdfen »

predprey wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:49 am
asdfen wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:11 am
thank you
any chance to cheat so all the difficulties are available. dont want to beat the game 7 times to unlock the last one
post a game save right before completing the game and i'll see what i can do about it. but i'm kind of busy now, so no promises
thank you for reply. I havent checked this forum in a while so this is a bit late.
here are 3 save files
1 near end of the game chapter 16 - have to run through the end dungeon though since there is no saving inside
2-3 same save. its a save after the game has been won and it lets you choose new difficulty

would be awesome if you can do something with it

have a good one

[Link]

wittydeaf
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by wittydeaf »

predprey wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:25 pm
in that case it's possible to have a script to ignore the links. just that i do not understand why would anyone want that except for the lulz, so i lack the interest in making it.
No problem, couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks for replying my post.

predprey
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by predprey »

wittydeaf wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:46 pm
predprey wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:25 pm
No problem, couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks for replying my post.
Well, if you can convince me why the script is absolutely necessary or better than what I proposed I can still change my mind. :ph34r: