Bard's Tale 4 - Barrows Deep (GoG)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
beguiler
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Bard's Tale 4 - Barrows Deep (GoG)

Post by beguiler »

Here is my table for Bard's Tale 4. I wasn't planning on releasing it since the update just came out and it is not available on GoG yet. Well this is for the initial release version of the game on GoG. It may or may not work with the steam version, or the latest patch. I am not sure if I'll keep this updated as I am kind of tired of the game already and might move on to a different one.

Included are the following:
  • Access to the amount of money. You can change or freeze it
  • Crafting items do not subtract from items (requires you to have all the times and quantities needed to make at least one for it to work) Not needed anymore
  • Infinite item use in Inventory screen (so you can use food/potions there without it decreasing the amount you have) (code changed now this applies to in battle and even crafting.
  • Infinite Action Points (action points never decrease for you in battle but if you enable it after you use some, you will not recover those till your next turn) Fixed now should work in Update 1
  • No cooldown on skills (Skills are immediately available so long as this was enabled before you used it)
  • Infinte items in battle (so healing potions, Booze, spikes, bombs, etc never decrease after use) No longer needed
  • Infinite Health in Battle - your character's HP won't go down
  • One Hit Kill - sorry it's a manual edit. Change the value to 1 to enable, 0 to disable. Uses the code for Infinite HP so it's a sub menu. Really makes fights go fast. :D
  • Infinite Spell points - Your Spell Points won't reduce *experimental - Warning: I have tested it and enemy mages also have infinite spell points and can unlike your character can get a turn that lasts forever if enabled. It seems as if NPC turns can last as long as they have mana to cast the spell. I can't fix it where this is located because the function doesn't know who is using the SP, it only knows that SP is being used. So if you use this be sure to turn it off if there is an enemy that uses spells when their turn starts.
Link to gideon25's character editor table http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic ... 753#p61753

Update Director's Cut Version:
I gave the game a try so I updated the table a bit, but it is incomplete and I really don't want to play the game so I'll give you what I have done. Feel free to update it and fix whatever is broken.

Fixed the Cooldown and tried to fix the inf HP in battle but failed at that one. The game changed the way it is passing the damage target data which is now in the RCX register. Pre-DC it passed in the position on the battlefield so it was easy to only give Inf HP and one Hit Kill to the player. Post-DC it now passes some kind of target ID and I don't really want to spend the time to try and figure it out. I left what I had in and it does work but for everyone (player and enemies). So if you need inf HP for some reason, just enable it before you end your turn.

I removed Inf. Spell Points. I am not at the part in the game where I have any so I didn't have a way to look for it at the moment.

Inf Items and Inf action points seem to work fine from the original table.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
BardsTale4_DC.CT
(15.9 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
BardsTale4_update1-v2.1.CT
(23.68 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
BardsTale4_update1-v2.CT
(22.46 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
BardsTale4_update1.CT
(15.41 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
BardsTale4.CT
(20.86 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Last edited by beguiler on Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Reaper1222
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Bard's Tale 4 - Barrows Deep (GoG)

Post by Reaper1222 »

hi thx for the table, it works with update 1, before you abandon this can you give us an infinite skill points option?

beguiler
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by beguiler »

I take a look when I play the game again.

ArtWoof
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ArtWoof »

it crash the game. but you`ve tried. Infinite Action Points - fix it plz, exactly this one crashes the game each fight

ArtWoof
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ArtWoof »

quest - The Best of Us
boss battle - Mangar
The game crash right after the battle if using "No cooldown on skills", tested twice.
just turn off the cheat before last attack.

beguiler
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by beguiler »

I gave a shot at infinite skill points and I couldn't get it to work. I found where it is in the interface, but it wouldn't take my changes. You'll have to wait to for someone who knows their way around CE better than me for a proper CT. I tried to bump XP to trigger a level up but it looks like it ignores the changes and only actually accepts XP after a battle and I don't know how to find that spot to set a breakpoint.

Artwoof, I haven't had any crashes with infinite action points so far I had it enabled through several fights while trying to get the infinite skill points.

I was past Mangar when I made this so I don't know what could have gone wrong. Though if I had to guess, that might be a special case because of that special move that happens at the end of the fight.

Anglican
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Anglican »

I know this might be too much to ask but would it be possible to add either a stat pointer or weapon/armor modifier?

20mithrandir
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by 20mithrandir »

Current Steam version doesn't work. Whenever enabling the action points it crashes in combat.

kain33
Cheater
Cheater

Post by kain33 »

Any chance of updating the table and adding god mode?

beguiler
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by beguiler »

I updated the table and removed some cheats that no longer are needed and fixed the crashing with infinite action points. I didn't pick a good spot to inject the action points and it was still referencing an old function call location that moved. Hopefully this one will stay unique even with the next update.

As far as requests, sorry I won't be adding more to the script. I tried again to get the skill points and I lost my patience just trying to follow the debugger as I stepped through the assembly code. You are more than welcome to modify the current one and add to it. :)

Just out of curiosity, why would you need god mode? Since it is turn based with unlimited action points you will never get hit.

myrddin
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by myrddin »

Doh... Would have loved a stack size modifier in inventory, or mega vendor money, basically what I do manually atm :D

beguiler
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by beguiler »

Updated the table and added 2 new cheats. See first post.

ArtWoof
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ArtWoof »

Infinite Spell points not works. Play as fighter. And for the rest of the story char in team not works.

beguiler
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by beguiler »

Oh maybe I did not explain it well. Infinite spell points just doesn't reduce the spell count of what you have. If you have no spell points at the start you'd have to drink a potion to get some or maybe wait a turn for your characters to generate some. I haven't found a nice way to give spell points immediately at the start of battle yet.

ArtWoof
Cheater
Cheater

Post by ArtWoof »

ArtWoof wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:11 am
Infinite Spell points not works. Play as fighter. And for the rest of the story char in team not works.

ps - sorry my fault, I though Skill Points, only now saw that this spell.