Value changes back to Original Value after use of CE

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
CheroshSeiphar
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Value changes back to Original Value after use of CE

Post by CheroshSeiphar »

So I'm trying to give myself some more money in an app game (because you get only VERY little and need a huge amount to get anything done at all). So far, it worked with two games, which is pretty neat. But there is a third game I wanted to try it on, and I ran into a problem.

Whereas the first two games had the pointer for the money or the premium currency stored as 4bit, this third works with a Double Value. I found it, changed it, but immediately, the game would rapidly count down the changed value and return to the original value.

I guess the question is mostly: is there a way of preventing the game from doing it? I guess not, but I still would like to know. And since it is a single-player match 3 game, I have no qualms giving myself more premium currency (since it makes the game playable as opposed to having to wait ridiculous lengths of time - half an hour for a life? Come on).

Kalas
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Value changes back to Original Value after use of CE

Post by Kalas »

Money - May be displayed

Premium Money/Currency - Server Sided

What game/s are you talking about.

CheroshSeiphar
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: Value changes back to Original Value after use of CE

Post by CheroshSeiphar »

Gardenscapes - for some reason, Homescapes let me do that (and the two games are pretty much the same, just with a different setting...). And they both need to be at least partly server-side, as they have cloud saves and permit playing on multiple devices.