Monster Hunter World Modded Armor and Decorations

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
Envy
Cheater
Cheater

Re: Monster Hunter World Modded Armor and Decorations

Post by Envy »

Ok thanks to the help of @talran i made a quick overview for the Insect Glaive and i guess its possible for me to do it for some more weapon types. If you guys are interessted there is an excel file on the attachments with some information.

I also want to thank @Idlehands88 for the modding stuff with the armor and the help you did in this thread !

With best regards

Envy

Edit: One note if you are editing the rod.wp_dat you need to change the byte length to 65
HexEditing.rar
Description for editing Insect Glaives
(12.54 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

TemptingIcarus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TemptingIcarus »

Question. @Idlehands88 Is it possible to change weapon speed/fire rate wit how you're modding things or is it as you said, you'd need to do it individually? If that is the case, I won't bug ya to do it. :p

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Eternallydissolved »

Envy wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:53 pm
Ok thanks to the help of @talran i made a quick overview for the Insect Glaive and i guess its possible for me to do it for some more weapon types. If you guys are interessted there is an excel file on the attachments with some information.

I also want to thank @Idlehands88 for the modding stuff with the armor and the help you did in this thread !

With best regards

Envy

Edit: One note if you are editing the rod.wp_dat you need to change the byte length to 65

HexEditing.rar
would it be possible to get an overview for greatsword, bow, dual blades and the bowguns (light and heavy) and maybe charge blade?

ZTEE01
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ZTEE01 »

-
Last edited by ZTEE01 on Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

talran wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:58 pm
@Eternallydissolved GS and dualblades should roughly follow the same pattern as as the insect rod, specifically the damage through sockets should be the same (from the few changes I've tested... Just have to find the right row which you can do by looking at offset 15-16 for the upgrade value, and any other values you can confirm that aren't molded (like elemental damage)

@Envy awesome work throwing that together, I'll get one made up for ranged as well in a similar format!!
I am trying to follow @envy's work with the insect glave and i am utterly and completely lost. i am having problems finding the offsets so i am wondering if i am even looking in the right file, he listed a rod.wp file, so that is what im looking in at the moment. i have very limited experience hex editing, and zero experience finding the offsets and values i need without knowing exactly what i am looking for and even then, im so raw at this that it is highly unlikely i will be able to do anything with it, so i am going to need some education in this particular technique. also, since sharpness can be changed, we are missing 2 stats defined in the files, sharpness quality, and sharpness cap which according to the guys making the cheat table, quality caps at 118 decimal, and cap caps at 8 which would be the same, hex or dec.

ZTEE01
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ZTEE01 »

-

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

talran wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:09 am
Eternal,
are you setting your line length to the proper length of the records? It should be 65 for melee weps and 68 for ranged weps! That should help you visualize the data better. And as far as figuring out values that we haven't already put down.... trial and error is how I do it! >:D

Also, I figured out how dual blades get dual element, and I don't think it'll carry over to other weapons as it's based around the 1C offset field which seems to change depending on the wepon (like it being kinsect bonus for rod!)

how would i go about setting the line length in hex workshop? also good to know about the dual element for dual blades. i wonder what it does for the other weapon classes!

ZTEE01
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ZTEE01 »

-

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

talran wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:24 am
Figured out how sharpness works a bit!

Edit: You can drag near the top row to change how far the bar goes over, but I really prefer HxD personally (you can just type it in there)!
how far over do i need to drag it to correctly visualize the data?

ZTEE01
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ZTEE01 »

-
Last edited by ZTEE01 on Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Envy
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Envy »

Eternallydissolved wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:46 pm
would it be possible to get an overview for greatsword, bow, dual blades and the bowguns (light and heavy) and maybe charge blade?
Yeah for sure talran and i are working on a sheet for every weapon.
talran wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:24 am
Figured out how sharpness works a bit!

Edit: You can drag near the top row to change how far the bar goes over, but I really prefer HxD personally (you can just type it in there)!
I found the columns for this too ( 1A-1B ) are for sharpness

Furthermore i tested a bit more and found out what the 28 column does. Its for unlocking sockets. So you can put gems in the weapons.

I will edit my table and the spreadsheet with more weapons if i dont fall asleep
Eternallydissolved wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:33 pm
I am trying to follow @envy's work with the insect glave and i am utterly and completely lost. i am having problems finding the offsets so i am wondering if i am even looking in the right file, he listed a rod.wp file, so that is what im looking in at the moment. i have very limited experience hex editing, and zero experience finding the offsets and values i need without knowing exactly what i am looking for and even then, im so raw at this that it is highly unlikely i will be able to do anything with it, so i am going to need some education in this particular technique. also, since sharpness can be changed, we are missing 2 stats defined in the files, sharpness quality, and sharpness cap which according to the guys making the cheat table, quality caps at 118 decimal, and cap caps at 8 which would be the same, hex or dec.
I dont have any experience too it was just testing with values and i found out where the sharpness values are.
I'm currently editing my table

ZTEE01
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ZTEE01 »

The second sharpness field is the total bar length, and then the first bar is how it's composed, which seems to be some black magic fuckery... 27 is the best one I've found so far for that

Eternallydissolved
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

talran wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:34 am
The second sharpness field is the total bar length, and then the first bar is how it's composed, which seems to be some black magic fuckery... 27 is the best one I've found so far for that
35 and 89 in dec 23 and 59 hex are the best ones i have found on the cheat table as it caps out at 118 for composition, and 8 for length i will test it now as thanks to you two i have at least managed to edit catastrophe's light successfully; so i thank you both!

Edit<-----It works as i thought it would so you can test using cheat engine in dec, find the best value and then convert to hex and input as normal.
Last edited by Eternallydissolved on Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Freschu
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Freschu »

I looked at the armor.am_dat file a bit longer and figured out a few more things about it's structure. Also note that I'm including Idlehands88's findings here for completeness sake:
armor.am_dat
2 bytes: Some file type identifier possibly
2 bytes: number of total entries in file (1305 currently)

Entry structure, 60 bytes repeated 1305 times:

2 bytes: possibly a grouping ID (range 0x00 to 0x07)?
2 bytes: index of entry
4 bytes: ?
1 byte: variant (alpha/beta)
3 bytes: ?
1 byte: Equip slot (0x00: head, 0x01: chest, 0x02: arms, 0x03: waist, 0x04: legs, 0x05: charm)
2 bytes: unsigned int, defense (yes you can have 65535 defense)
2 bytes: MainID
2 bytes: SecondaryID
1 byte: no idea, but armor pieces have 0x00 and charms range from 0x00 to 0x08
2 bytes: ?
1 byte: rarity
4 bytes: unsigned int, crafting cost
1 byte: signed, fire resistance
1 byte: signed, water resistance
1 byte: signed, ice resistance
1 byte: signed, thunder resistance
1 byte: signed, dragon resistance
1 byte: num gem slots
1 byte: gem slot1 level
1 byte: gem slot2 level
1 byte: gem slot3 level
2 bytes: set skill 1 ID
1 byte: set skill 1 level
2 bytes: set skill 2 ID
1 byte: set skill 2 level
2 bytes: skill 1 ID
1 byte: skill 1 level
2 bytes: skill 2 ID
1 byte: skill 2 level
2 bytes: skill 3 ID
1 byte: skill 3 level
1 byte: no idea, but ranges from 0x00 to 0x03
8 bytes: ?
Thanks to Idlehands88! Hope this helps!

ZTEE01
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ZTEE01 »

Nice job fleshing that out!