I forgot how to "get the value out" from the address to manipulate this value

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
marek1957
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

I forgot how to "get the value out" from the address to manipulate this value

Post by marek1957 »

Hello Guys!
I forgot easy thing and I need help, I can't find any information about it.

So I have a function:
addss xmm0,dword ptr [ecx+38]

ECX+38 has FLOAT value of Y position. I need to "get out" this value to the table so then I will manipulate this value with Hotkeys to Increasing or Decreasing the value - BUT I FORGOT HOW TO DO THAT xD

When I do something like this:
mov [ecx+38],(float)400
addss xmm0,dword ptr [ecx+38]

It will mov object to 400 in float position of Y pos. But I need to get out the FLOAT value and then make a hotkeys.

How to do that? I forgot this... I was trying with register symbol, label the make DD 0 for the symbol but when activate game is crashing...

Please help. thank you.

marek1957
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: I forgot how to "get the value out" from the address to manipulate this value

Post by marek1957 »

I read all tutorials and there isn't anywhere write how to GET OUT the VALUE from the for example [ECX+38] in float type - in all tutorials you must make a LABEL and REGISTER SYMBOL and then make this SYMBOL in the script and make something like that: DD (float) 0 or you don't write anything but this is all WRONG!! Because it is moving a player or object to 0 value in FLOAT - I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT!! I just want to READ the value in FLOAT from for example [ECX+38] and I want to see this value how it is chaning in CHEAT TABLE without any changes to this value because only change what I want to make is by using hotkeys and INCREASING or DECREASING values in FLOAT by hotkeys.

Please show me any example because I read all the tutorials that you sent me and there isn't any tutorial about my problem.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: I forgot how to "get the value out" from the address to manipulate this value

Post by TimFun13 »

It's all there Dude (and more), but it's not spelled out for you.

Here's another example, that is spelled out. Hint: It stores a base address to be used in the table as a base address for a pointer.

Code: Select all

{$STRICT}

define(address, SHIFT2U.exe+572FA)
define(bytes, 8B 80 8C 01 00 00)

////
//// ------------------------------ ENABLE ------------------------------
[ENABLE]
// aobScanModule(aobMoneyBaseHook, SHIFT2U.exe, 5x8Bxx5x89xxxx8Bxxxx8B808C0100008Bxx5xC3)
i2aobScanModule(aobMoneyBaseHook, SHIFT2U.exe, 5x8Bxx5x89xxxx8Bxxxx8B808C0100008Bxx5xC3)
define(injMoneyBaseHook, aobMoneyBaseHook+A)
// assert(injMoneyBaseHook, bytes)
i2assert(injMoneyBaseHook, bytes)
registerSymbol(injMoneyBaseHook)

alloc(memMoneyBaseHook, 0x400, injMoneyBaseHook)

label(ptrMoneyBaseHook)
registerSymbol(ptrMoneyBaseHook)

label(n_code)
label(o_code)
label(exit)
label(return)

memMoneyBaseHook:
	ptrMoneyBaseHook:
		dd 0
	align 10 CC
	n_code:
		mov [ptrMoneyBaseHook],eax
	o_code:
		mov eax,[eax+0000018C]
	exit:
		jmp return

////
//// ---------- Injection Point ----------
injMoneyBaseHook:
	jmp n_code
	nop
	return:

////
//// ------------------------------ DISABLE ------------------------------
[DISABLE]
////
//// ---------- Injection Point ----------
injMoneyBaseHook:
	db bytes

unregisterSymbol(injMoneyBaseHook)

unregisterSymbol(ptrMoneyBaseHook)

dealloc(memMoneyBaseHook)
So in this game, from this stored base address, money would be at [[ptrMoneyBaseHook]+18C]+143C
And the memory record on the table:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CheatTable>
  <CheatEntries>
    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>212</ID>
      <Description>"Money"</Description>
      <Color>000000</Color>
      <VariableType>4 Bytes</VariableType>
      <Address>ptrMoneyBaseHook</Address>
      <Offsets>
        <Offset>143C</Offset>
        <Offset>18C</Offset>
      </Offsets>
    </CheatEntry>
  </CheatEntries>
</CheatTable>
EDIT:
I think the next tutorial I do will be "How to store and setup your own pointers". But the nut and bolts are already there.

marek1957
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by marek1957 »

This is not working because like I told you before, it is putting 0 value in ptrMoneyBaseHook and then ptrMoneyBaseHook with 0 value is injecting to eax+0000018C which is crashing the game. I want a script WITHOUT PUTTING ANY VALUE IN REGISTER, I need just READ the value from REGISTER, not putting any value in it.

Don't you understand what I am writing to you? If you don't know how to help, just stop posting.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

marek1957 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:59 am
This is not working because like I told you before, it is putting 0 value in ptrMoneyBaseHook...
That is an initialization value, it's required to set the data size of the variable.
ptrMoneyBaseHook is setup to hold a base address.

marek1957 wrote:
...then ptrMoneyBaseHook with 0 value is injecting to eax+0000018C
No it's not, look at that again. It's storing the base address in EAX to ptrMoneyBaseHook.
[Link]

marek1957 wrote:
...value is injecting to eax+0000018C which is crashing the game...
LMAO, you used example code from a completely different game and wonder why it's crashing the game, for real Dude; use your head a little the "o_code" is "original code".

marek1957 wrote:
...I want a script WITHOUT PUTTING ANY VALUE IN REGISTER, I need just READ the value from REGISTER, not putting any value in it...
That is exactly what I gave you.

marek1957 wrote:
...Don't you understand what I am writing to you?...
I don't think you understand, what I've written for you.

marek1957 wrote:
...If you don't know how to help, just stop posting.
If you don't understand the help I gave you, even when you just "forgot" how; implying that you know how this works. Maybe you should find a new hobby, or actually learn how this stuff works.

So good luck with that, as I don't think anyone knows how to help "you".

marek1957
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by marek1957 »

And that is the answer that I was looking for. Now I am understand everything and everything works in my script.

And I am not that stupid like you think - I didnt take any code from the example that you provided, but I was trying to FORCE you to answer like this - and I got that answer that you explain everything :-) Please always answer like that if someone asks.