Battletech

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
ObamaLlama
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Battletech

Post by ObamaLlama »

[QUOTE="EnterpriseNL, post: 44450, member: 8239"]Well im done trying to get the debug widget, will do with the fund/morale CE and in game battle cheat gui[/QUOTE]

Thankfully, it looks like there will be an updated table coming soon that should fix it for the GOG version!

Masterpip26
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Battletech

Post by Masterpip26 »

So every time I check mark the Cheat Handler the game crashes. Gives the wonderful Program has stopped working windows msg. I have the steam version of the game.

CannonFodder
Table Makers
Table Makers

Battletech

Post by CannonFodder »

[CENTER][quote][COLOR=rgb(44, 130, 201)][B]POST MERGED FROM [U]TABLES[/U] TO [U]SPECIFIC GAME DISCUSSION[/U][/B][/COLOR][/quote][/CENTER]

Here is a game file modification for some cheats.

My game is 3dm version, git_revision is 6a2de22698620e2f2e55801478bac036fac1b0a9. (shown in git_revision.txt)

Theoretically, the dll file should be compatible with every vender(steam, gog or others), but not compatible with other revisions.

1. Removed tonnage check when refiting mechs, so you don't have to modify every chasis file. Dropship will reconize drop tonnage as the max tonnage of mechs.

2. Confirm button will always be enabled in salvage screen, so you can change ContractFloor[I]Salvage[/I]Bonus in game constants file to a big number and PriorityModifier to 1.0. Then don't bother choose any priority, just confirm, every salvage will be put in your storage.

3. Argo upgrades complete on purchase.

V2

4.All components (weapons/equipments) will occupy only 1 slot in mech's inventory. (Think of it, such as a 50 ton hunchback with 8 ppc++, 3 energy ttc++, 4 gyro++, and there is a table by Recifense with no heat option)

V3

5. Install mech components in mech bay will increase its count in storage instead of decrease. (I have a gauss, I have a mech. I install the gauss to my mech. Boom! I get two gausses!)

Along with my modified SimGameConstants.json.

Just replace the files with the same name in game folder.

Since only administrators are allowed to upload image and I don't have an external host for image, no screenshots will be included.
Last edited by CannonFodder on Mon May 07, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Send
Table Makers
Table Makers

Battletech

Post by Send »

[QUOTE="CannonFodder, post: 44623, member: 4605"]I still can't upload image with insert image function, it always say invalid extension no matter jpg or png, so I included them in attachment. [/QUOTE]

[USER=4605]@CannonFodder[/USER] You upload the images to an external host. File attachments are meant for tables only. I'll give you 24 hours to edit your post before removing the screenshots.zip -- Also, I've merged your post to the existing thread.
Last edited by Send on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

CannonFodder
Table Makers
Table Makers

Battletech

Post by CannonFodder »

[QUOTE="SendMe, post: 44659, member: 12528"][USER=4605]@CannonFodder[/USER] You upload the images to an external host. File attachments are meant for tables only. I'll give you 24 hours to edit your post before removing the screenshots.zip -- Also, I've merged your post to the existing thread.[/QUOTE]

[USER=12528]@SendMe[/USER] Since there are several post about battletech in different boards, I asked some "online" administrator about where I shall post this. I received no reply after several days, so I decided to post a new one.

Well, about the image, in this case, Shouldn't you post some rules and stick them to the top, or write them in terms and rules? or did I just missed to see them?

Send
Table Makers
Table Makers

Battletech

Post by Send »

[USER=4605]@CannonFodder[/USER] Once the thread went from being about tables to modifying files, a separate thread was created on behalf of the administrators, awhile back. The tables thread still exists in the Tables forum. I've been instructed to move anything non-table to this forum.It's why I didn't immediately remove the screenshot archive, so users could download it for the next 24 hours. -- Thank you for the quick reply. :) As for the rules, [URL='https://fearlessrevolution.com/threads/forum-rules-read-me-first.20/']here you are[/URL]. (Belongs in another section, I know, but they were posted after the official Cheat Engine forums were officially closed to public cheats and Fearless took over.)
Last edited by Send on Sat May 05, 2018 7:18 am, edited 5 times in total.

STN
Founder
Founder

Battletech

Post by STN »

[QUOTE="CannonFodder, post: 44710, member: 4605"]

Well, about the image, in this case, Shouldn't you post some rules and stick them to the top, or write them in terms and rules? or did I just missed to see them?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you need a rule to realize image uploads are disallowed.

It's not a rule worthy issue anyway. You're the first person to bypass the block, most people just go and use imgur or other dedicated image hosters. Wouldn't it have been convenient for the people to see the image than downloading zips.

The way i see it is this, you wouldn't upload videos to FRF but go to a dedicated site i.e YouTube which is a million times better than any selfhosted crap. FRF focus is on cheat tables so you upload CTs here and not go anywhere else because frf is the dedicated site for cheat tables and that's what it can support.

CannonFodder
Table Makers
Table Makers

Battletech

Post by CannonFodder »

I think a rule is needed to prevent confusion.

FRF provides insert image option with upload image capability, and I saw other posts in tables board displaying image uploaded to FRF, so I thought failing to upload an image was a bug.

As a programmer, it's almost instinctive to find and use a work around.

As for image hoster, I haven't been able to find one convient to use. They are either very slow to access or full of ads or delete image within short time. I can't even conjure up uploader of imgur in 10 minutes. So I tends to use onsite uploader if provided.
Last edited by CannonFodder on Sat May 05, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Battletech

Post by Darkedone02 »

[QUOTE="CannonFodder, post: 44623, member: 4605"]

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Here is a game file modification for some cheats.

1. Removed tonnage check when refiting mechs, so you don't have to modify every chasis file. Dropship will reconize drop tonnage as the max tonnage of mechs.

2. Confirm button will always be enabled in salvage screen, so you can change ContractFloor[I]Salvage[/I]Bonus in game constants file to a big number and PriorityModifier to 1.0. Then don't bother choose any priority, just confirm, every salvage will be put in your storage.

Theoretically, the dll file should be compatible with every vender(steam, gog or others), but not compatible with newer versions.

3. Argo upgrades complete on purchase.

V2

4.All components (weapons/equipments) will occupy only 1 slot in mech's inventory. (Think of it, such as a 50 ton hunchback with 8 ppc++, 3 energy ttc++, 4 gyro++, and there is a table by Recifense with no heat option)

Along with my modified SimGameConstants.json.

Just replace the files with the same name in game folder.

Since only administrators are allowed to upload image and I don't have an external host for image, no screenshots will be included.[/QUOTE]

Tried your stuff, but it end up freezing up on me when I see the logo head of battletech.

CannonFodder
Table Makers
Table Makers

Battletech

Post by CannonFodder »

My game is 3dm version, git_revision is 6a2de22698620e2f2e55801478bac036fac1b0a9. (shown in git_revision.txt)

It may not work on other revisions.

Sasha_kera
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by Sasha_kera »

I modified "SimGameConstants.json" a little and now I take all the loot :)

"DefaultSalvagePotential" : 64,

"MaxSalvagePotential" : 64,

"MinSalvagePotential" : 64,

"VictorySalvageChance" : 20,

"PrioritySalvageModifier" : 0.01,

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Battletech

Post by Darkedone02 »

Where do I go to shorten the argo upgrade days left stuff?

j0ny
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Battletech

Post by j0ny »

[QUOTE="Darkedone02, post: 44952, member: 74"]Where do I go to shorten the argo upgrade days left stuff?[/QUOTE]

It's in the "BATTLETECHBattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdatashipUpgrades" and edit the files with number 1-3 in them. Search for TechCost and replace it with 0 or 1 days.

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Battletech

Post by Darkedone02 »

[QUOTE="j0ny, post: 44988, member: 992"]It's in the "BATTLETECHBattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdatashipUpgrades" and edit the files with number 1-3 in them. Search for TechCost and replace it with 0 or 1 days.[/QUOTE]

thanks

Now all I need to know is the defaults for Salvage section, as modifying it too much made it soft-lock on me.
Last edited by Darkedone02 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.