Re: Crown Wars: The Black Prince Table

Post by koen520 »

+1

SlipperyEel
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by SlipperyEel »

So in-combat stuff continues to be a pain, but the castle resources appear to be stored in two arrays with fixed offsets for each value (within each array, but not between the arrays). Since gold is the easiest to track down, if you can find the two gold offsets then you can retrieve the other resource offsets.

Do a standard 4 byte search for your initial gold value, then hire a companion to reduce it, scan again for the new value. Hopefully you'll get just the two addresses, but if you have more you can just edit the values and change screens a few times. Hopefully you'll be left with just the two correct addresses. The two group headers are the gold addresses - 40 (hex), since leather is the first resource in the array (leather, metal, gold, wood). Note that you'll probably have to run at least one mission first in order to be able to change the gold value. You also only have one free companion slot available at the first building level, unless there's a "fire companion" button I missed somewhere. You could just get half your first squad killed I guess. Edit: Checking again, you can dismiss recruited companions, so that makes things easier.

I had a quick look for possible AoB scan fodder, but haven't found anything useful as yet. I also tried the UE4 dumper to see if one of the pointers it finds might be useful, but that's a bit above my paygrade.

Edit 2: So on further progression, the resources addresses jumped from two to five. The table is likely only applicable during the first couple of months of the game, but fortunately once you have a decent stockpile you'll have enough to be able to do a few manual scans any time you need to add more. Looks like all resources (including gold) max out at 99999.
Attachments
Crown_Wars_Resources.CT
(3.08 KiB) Downloaded 1018 times
Last edited by SlipperyEel on Wed May 29, 2024 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mart1z
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Mart1z »

+1

Kami101
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Kami101 »

+1

bigblue1981
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by bigblue1981 »

+1

bigblue1981
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by bigblue1981 »

must be a tough one

aureliano17
Cheater
Cheater

Post by aureliano17 »

I guess interest for this game came and went.

Rhark
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Rhark »

aureliano17 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 4:19 am
I guess interest for this game came and went.
For me personally, I found no way to separate player units with AI units in regards to health.

Not sure it's necessarily a lack of interest, but more the difficulty of the games coding.

Aysheen
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Aysheen »

I've managed to find out the HP value by just searching 4 bytes as normally. It seems to be only one of them though, since any hit takes the unit down all the HP they've lost so far, but at least it allows one to avoid having to wait till they heal up afterwards. Not ideal, but at least something

SlipperyEel
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by SlipperyEel »

Rhark wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 5:23 am
For me personally, I found no way to separate player units with AI units in regards to health.

Not sure it's necessarily a lack of interest, but more the difficulty of the games coding.
A certain site that shall not be named released a trainer and it has the same limitation. The combat options, including health and damage, apply to both allies and enemies when enabled. It's specifically marked with a note about it being a difficult game.

Kessem
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: [REQUEST] Crown Wars: The Black Prince Table

Post by Kessem »

Main thing I would be looking for is some sort of timer manipulation for missions.