Promoting payed cheats.

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
Alsigard
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Promoting payed cheats.

Post by Alsigard »

Title says it all, Cheat Engine was always free and relied on good people making contributions to great cause. I’m a long time lurker who registered approximately 2 years after discovering old CE forum, hell even I made a few cheat tables for people who needed help back on old forum.

Today we starting to face great problem, so called “semi free cheats”, this people basically want to make us pay for something that was always free, destroy one of the pillars CE community stands upon and transform little by little this site in shithappens.com where they sell so called “premium cheats”.
ColonelRVH wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:46 am
Those comments disregarded the fact that i still release all the "basic" cheats for free.
Back in the day shithappens.com also provided “basic cheats” where there was 1 or 2 simple cheats and to get another 20 you need to pay for upgrade to premium member, sounds familiar?

Recently CE community suffered a hit from without which basically led us all here, now we face a very subtle threat from within which in time will either kill this community or transform it into something you won’t recognize.

What I’m basically saying here people should not be allowed to promote payed cheats on this forum. Want to grab some cash go and make your own project/site/new game hacking program and don’t poison our nice community.

Curios what other people have to say about this, and I know this post was kind of long, so If you made all the way here something funny and on topic just for you.

[Link]

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Re: Promoting payed cheats.

Post by ++METHOS »

Alsigard wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:16 pm
What I’m basically saying here people should not be allowed to promote payed cheats on this forum.
-Where do you see paid cheats being promoted on this site?

Anyway, CE community will never change; there will always be table/trainer makers that will freely share their work and help others.

Alsigard
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Alsigard »

Here.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=694
ColonelRVH wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:53 pm
- Public Version not includes -
Set All Bullets (No Reload)
Max Sacred Branch
Unity Gauge Always Max
Weapon Gauge Always Max
Weapon Charge Always Max
Black Smith Ignore Materials Requirement
Order Food Ignore Materials Requirement
Food Boosts Effect Unlimited
Shrine Effect Unlimited
Get Equipment ID
Get Mitama Base Address
Mitama Boost Proficiency Max

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

You'll have to check with Admin about that one.

ColonelRVH
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ColonelRVH »

I have nothing more to say on this matter and i still keep helping other people in that topic.

If the final judgment is made, i will comply.

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

I am glad you posted this, i noticed that thread and wanted everyone to chip in with their opinions on the matter including other admins so we can decide together.

Here are my thoughts, i completely understand your concern but i think it's a bit exaggerated and the comparison unfair. This place is and will always be run by the community, anyone can post their own free table with far better cheats in that same thread or in a new thread, you can see after my post in that thread that others continued and posted their own contributions.

Paid cheats were allowed on CEF even and that didn't change anything, those who do this for free still did. I can tell you if it was any other game that was popular, either Recifense or Cielos or Shinkansen or any of the other popular table makers would have posted their own contribution and people would have skipped right past ColonelRVH post. I would have posted my own table if it was a game i liked but if it puts your mind at ease, i'll post one now...it will still probably have less cheats than Colonel which is why i let his post live, he shared all the cheats you can find in usual trainers and asked for monetary help for the very advanced ones. I didn't think it was any different than MAF except his approach is a little aggressive.

The site you're comparing it to always had a paid membership before trainers and then just one person posting cheats, it isn't like that here and if it became like that, it wouldn't survive.

So yeah, that's what i am thinking. I am going to see what other admins have to say including Eric (i hope they all chip in) but my guess is they think the same way.

seronis
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by seronis »

What exactly is wrong with trying to make a living providing a service people use? I come here because I want to find cheat tables. That means ALL cheat tables. If 'tables' subforum needs split into 'paid tables' and 'free tables' sub forums im fine with that but its really STUPID to say they shouldnt exist when some people appreciate their existence. And it should be quite obvious some people appreciate their existence because no one would keep charging unless people were paying. Thats how free market works.

Tomblack95
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Tomblack95 »

I disagree paying for cheats.
Like the other person said, I just don't want another shithappens.com too.
Money is not everything, albeit money has a important role to play in a world like this. However it is not just money that makes everything work but it is also the determination of people to accomplish the task. Many big demonstrations that have happened in the world did not solely take place through money.

Alsigard
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Alsigard »

Wanted to add few things.

First MAF is actually free website you can donate if you want but it’s optional, there is no “Pay wall aka premium cheats”. Just register and download all you want.

Second maybe I’m not that good with code, but I’m pretty good with people. That being said allowing paid cheats sends wrong message. Why should Recifense (or any other creator) post his VERY advanced cheats for free when some guy earns $117 a month while doing same thing. As example you should look up what happened when Steam monetized Skyrim mods in the workshop. Where half of mods I use would’ve cost me at least 1500$.

In my opinion if somebody wants to sell cheats and the guy in question is closer to Caliber then to Omoe (Antifun) for charging money to use them. Should make their own website and provide his cheats to his donators/patrons/kick starters etc.

CyberD3m0n
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by CyberD3m0n »

I'm no fan of paid cheats and I guess that won't change, however I respect the work that goes into making a really great trainer. It takes hours and hours, even days for some games and some people really raised the "art of cheating" ((dis)assembler stuff however can be used for so much more than simple cheating) to a whole new level. I've seen what some of you can do and do on a daily basis and I'm humbled by that - and also encouraged to learn more, as some of you really share your knowledge, which is also greatly appreciated!

I'll always share my stuff on here if I think its okayish enough,I'm still a fucking noob however I think my tables have been getting better over time. Everyone has the right to decide what to do with their "IP", even if it is a cheat. If someone provides his findings for free, I'll have some more respect for her/him. If the person decides against it, I will still respect the time and thought power invested into it.

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

Personally, I do not care if people want to charge money for their work. If people are willing to pay for it, then more power to them. I am not a gamer, so I do not have any need for this stuff, and even if I did, I can just create my own.

That said, I believe that there is a place for paid cheats, just not here at FRF or at CEF. The culture of CE has always been: give and share freely. If I see someone trying to push premium stuff on CEF, for example, I am annoyed by that.

If people want to include a paypal link for donations in their signature or something, then I do not see a problem with that (good luck to them) -- although, I think it would be cool to set it up so that half of the money goes to CE.

If people want to include a link in their signature that leads to their site with a description that lets people know that they can get more advanced cheats for a small premium, I am even okay with that...but only after they have proven themselves to be a helpful member of the forum and are not just here for self-promotion.

But, at the end of the day, it is not really my choice.

SinStar87
Cheater
Cheater

Post by SinStar87 »

People don't owe their work to others, so if they want to charge for it let them. If they don't want to charge, let them do that. I got annoyed by lack of freedom to change values in tables from the bigger uploaders and learned how to do some stuff to make my own. So if you have a problem with someone charging, you can do something similar, as someone mentioned, and create your own for free. My only problem would be if the admins pushed for one or the other. From what I've read, that won't ever be the case so nothing really to fear.

I also had some of my work, a mod parodying the ESA, recently pulled from a forum because of a bunch of complainers annoying the admins, and that left a bad taste in my mouth for use of power. So make of it what you will.

Eric
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by Eric »

On forum.cheatengine.org you could also post demo trainers for paid versions, but there where some rules

1: No time/run limited trainers.
2: If the full trainer has GodMode then the demo version MUST have that as well. Any other options (like unlimited ammo etc...) can be made paid if you like
3: On cheat requests, if the person asking he wants a table, do NOT advertise your paid trainer. Only do so if he asks specifically for a trainer. (Free trainers can always reply as well)
And if the person asks for a free trainer explicitly, I bet you know what that means...
4: Trainer links must point to the exe/archive directly, NO download pages like ad.fly. (Although an exemption is made for some places like mega and fileupload services)
5: No fucking microtransactions in trainers. I haven't seen that yet, but you can bet this shit is coming

as for selling tables, I guess rule 2 and 3 can also apply

SinStar87
Cheater
Cheater

Post by SinStar87 »

Those are logical and clearly laid out. I'd have no problem having a trainer pulled under those.

Alsigard
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Alsigard »

There’s a reason it applied to trainers only probably.

CE license says it’s a free program, so first of all he should contact Darkbyte for commercial use approval, because he actually makes money from his program. Because it’s obviously table not a trainer.