Expert Cheater

[Request] Risk of Rain Returns

Post by Lord Blade »

Requesting:

Infinite Health
Add Gold or Edit Gold
No Cooldown
Infinite Jump

I was able to find Health and Gold as Double values.

Jannysi
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: [Request] Risk of Rain Returns

Post by Jannysi »

Game Name: Risk of Rain Returns
Game Engine: gamemaker
Game Version: 1.0.1
Options Required: Infinite Health, Add Gold or Edit Gold, No Cooldown, Infinite Jump
Steam Website: [Link]

Lord Blade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Lord Blade »

Jannysi wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:27 am
Game Engine: gamemaker
Where do you find out what game engine a game uses?

Jannysi
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Jannysi »

Lord Blade wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:32 pm
Where do you find out what game engine a game uses?
[Link]

Lord Blade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Lord Blade »

Ah, I see. Thanks.
They should list that on the Steam page. :p

Xaymar
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Xaymar »

What I could gather so far:
- Practically any numerical value is a Double.
- Health, Shield, and Armor are stored separately as Doubles. Can't be set higher than the currently acquired maximum value through Levels and Items.
- Gold is tracked several times: One value tracks how much you acquired (likely for the Providence Trials), and one tracks the actual value. The rest are always going to snap to what the actual Gold value is.
- Everything moves around to new addresses when starting a new run.
- Possibly running an interpreter of some kind, maybe Lua considering the huge number of Lua function references in GML scripts.

ScratScrobbler
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ScratScrobbler »

Xaymar wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:13 am
- Health, Shield, and Armor are stored separately as Doubles. Can't be set higher than the currently acquired maximum value through Levels and Items.
- Gold is tracked several times: One value tracks how much you acquired (likely for the Providence Trials), and one tracks the actual value. The rest are always going to snap to what the actual Gold value is.
- Possibly running an interpreter of some kind, maybe Lua considering the huge number of Lua function references in GML scripts.
Do you think it'd be possible to set up a cheat engine that gives a specific item each run? specifically it'd rule to always get one hardlight afterburner (i know there's the command artifact but i just want one or two specific items, not all of them set).

PronKill
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by PronKill »

ScratScrobbler wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:32 pm
Xaymar wrote:
Do you think it'd be possible to set up a cheat engine that gives a specific item each run? specifically it'd rule to always get one hardlight afterburner (i know there's the command artifact but i just want one or two specific items, not all of them set).
Technically you can do anything with the game with Cheat Engine. You just need to find the place of the function and edit it

Xaymar
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Xaymar »

ScratScrobbler wrote:
The best bet would be to somehow hook the Lua interpreter, which handles most if not all game logic, and then call the necessary lua function to just give you the item. Sadly this exceeds my skill level - I know how to inject code directly into a game, and probably how to inject Lua as well, but not from within Cheat Engine or similar.

ScratScrobbler
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ScratScrobbler »

PronKill wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:16 pm
ScratScrobbler wrote:
Xaymar wrote:
Technically you can do anything with the game with Cheat Engine. You just need to find the place of the function and edit it
i mean obviously im asking how reasonable itd be in terms of difficulty because i want someone to do it

Jhanz
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Jhanz »

Following for updates