Romancing SaGa -Minstrel Song- Remastered - v2020.3.36.63851 - Steam

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
Oikura
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Romancing SaGa -Minstrel Song- Remastered - v2020.3.36.63851 - Steam

Post by Oikura »

variante wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:38 am
Looks like you can permanently edit equipment upgrade stats beyond limits, even on unupgradable gears like ring. Variable "ItemPf" controls the trade-off between 1st and 2nd stats (dmg vs DP on weapon, phys def vs magic def on armor), higher = more 1st stat and less 2nd. Variable "ItemSt" controls upgrade level for the 1st stat, appears as "+x" after equipment name (won't show if set too high). This variable is weird that it somehow ignores the least significant byte and only uses 3 bytes, but is signed. You can hit damage per hit cap (999999) this way, though it seems to be subject to overflow.
Massive weapon stats
Also, you can edit fist this way, affecting martial art damage. First is counted as weapon stored in the 5th position in "EqWpn" array. Positions 6 to 10 store unlocked magic schools, since each character can only use up to 5 magic schools due to mutual exclusive rule of spells in Saga franchise (e.g. Pyro or Hydro, not both).
What are the offsets to get the defensive stats and weapon stats?

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

B4UNAOKI
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by B4UNAOKI »

Hell Stair Editor
Need Under 99 / Upper 100 Buggy or Freese

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CheatTable>
  <CheatEntries>
    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>116651</ID>
      <Description>"Rengoku Stair Editer(Need Under 99 / Upper 100 Buggy or Freese)"</Description>
      <LastState/>
      <VariableType>Auto Assembler Script</VariableType>
      <AssemblerScript>{ Game   : Romancing SaGa -Minstrel Song- Remastered.exe
  Version: 
  Date   : 2022-12-22
  Author : user

This script does blah blah blah
}

[ENABLE]

aobscanmodule(rengoku_stair_editer_AOB,GameAssembly.dll,46 88 44 08 20 48 8B) // should be unique
alloc(newmem,$1000,rengoku_stair_editer_AOB)

label(code)
label(return)
label(rengoku_stair_editer)

newmem:

code:
  mov r8l,[rengoku_stair_editer]
  mov [rax+r9+20],r8l
  jmp return

rengoku_stair_editer:
 dw 0

rengoku_stair_editer_AOB:
  jmp newmem
return:
registersymbol(rengoku_stair_editer_AOB)
registersymbol(rengoku_stair_editer)

[DISABLE]

rengoku_stair_editer_AOB:
  db 46 88 44 08 20

unregistersymbol(rengoku_stair_editer_AOB)
unregistersymbol(rengoku_stair_editer)
dealloc(newmem)

{
// ORIGINAL CODE - INJECTION POINT: GameAssembly.dll+9F22E0

StrReader.SetUInt16: 48 83 EC 28     - sub rsp,28
GameAssembly.dll+9F22C4: 4C 8B 49 10     - mov r9,[rcx+10]
GameAssembly.dll+9F22C8: 44 8B DA        - mov r11d,edx
GameAssembly.dll+9F22CB: 4D 85 C9        - test r9,r9
GameAssembly.dll+9F22CE: 74 3D           - je GameAssembly.dll+9F230D
GameAssembly.dll+9F22D0: 44 8B 51 18     - mov r10d,[rcx+18]
GameAssembly.dll+9F22D4: 44 03 D2        - add r10d,edx
GameAssembly.dll+9F22D7: 45 3B 51 18     - cmp r10d,[r9+18]
GameAssembly.dll+9F22DB: 73 36           - jae GameAssembly.dll+9F2313
GameAssembly.dll+9F22DD: 49 63 C2        - movsxd  rax,r10d
// ---------- INJECTING HERE ----------
GameAssembly.dll+9F22E0: 46 88 44 08 20  - mov [rax+r9+20],r8l
// ---------- DONE INJECTING  ----------
GameAssembly.dll+9F22E5: 48 8B 51 10     - mov rdx,[rcx+10]
GameAssembly.dll+9F22E9: 48 85 D2        - test rdx,rdx
GameAssembly.dll+9F22EC: 74 1F           - je GameAssembly.dll+9F230D
GameAssembly.dll+9F22EE: 8B 41 18        - mov eax,[rcx+18]
GameAssembly.dll+9F22F1: 41 03 C3        - add eax,r11d
GameAssembly.dll+9F22F4: 48 98           - cdqe 
GameAssembly.dll+9F22F6: 48 FF C0        - inc rax
GameAssembly.dll+9F22F9: 3B 42 18        - cmp eax,[rdx+18]
GameAssembly.dll+9F22FC: 73 25           - jae GameAssembly.dll+9F2323
GameAssembly.dll+9F22FE: 66 41 C1 E8 08  - shr r8w,08
}
</AssemblerScript>
      <CheatEntries>
        <CheatEntry>
          <ID>116649</ID>
          <Description>"rengoku_stair_editer"</Description>
          <ShowAsSigned>0</ShowAsSigned>
          <VariableType>4 Bytes</VariableType>
          <Address>rengoku_stair_editer</Address>
        </CheatEntry>
      </CheatEntries>
    </CheatEntry>
  </CheatEntries>
</CheatTable>

February
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by February »

Thanks to all of you, I am playing comfortably.
I'm about to finish the first round (I have completed all the PS2 versions) while trying different things.
What I still think at this stage of using CT is that some rare materials are difficult to obtain.
For armor, it's enough to add materials to the forced drops, but for weapons, you need to have materials on hand because they ask for rare materials in the middle or at the end of the game.
I'm sure this has already been considered, but could we try a code to force the first item in the possession to be changed?
Since the possessions can be rearranged manually, I think it would be easier to deal with this if just the first item could be changed.
It would be nice to have a forced drop to get the material, but I read in the thread that that is difficult to do at this stage.
Can anyone try changing the first item in the possession, changing the first item in the possession?

shinchang
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by shinchang »

if you want only material,you should change force drop item name to "ore"(itemNo.16) and itmMt you need.

February
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by February »

It's done! Now the most stress is gone. Thank you so much.

Septum
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Septum »

Big thank yous for these codes!! Is there a way to revert back to lower event rank? I fight a lot and my rank is about 16. I can go back? Thank you in advance!!

MatthewD
Cheater
Cheater

Post by MatthewD »

variante wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:38 am
Looks like you can permanently edit equipment upgrade stats beyond limits, even on unupgradable gears like ring. Variable "ItemPf" controls the trade-off between 1st and 2nd stats (dmg vs DP on weapon, phys def vs magic def on armor), higher = more 1st stat and less 2nd. Variable "ItemSt" controls upgrade level for the 1st stat, appears as "+x" after equipment name (won't show if set too high). This variable is weird that it somehow ignores the least significant byte and only uses 3 bytes, but is signed. You can hit damage per hit cap (999999) this way, though it seems to be subject to overflow.
Massive weapon stats
Also, you can edit fist this way, affecting martial art damage. First is counted as weapon stored in the 5th position in "EqWpn" array. Positions 6 to 10 store unlocked magic schools, since each character can only use up to 5 magic schools due to mutual exclusive rule of spells in Saga franchise (e.g. Pyro or Hydro, not both).
Could you please post a code that allows you to do all this or explain in an elaborate way(as if you explain to a complete coding/hex editing newbie?), how you do this? Someone in another post said something about 4h offset but when I tried to find the addresses and set an offset of "4h" the offset appeared in red(invalid).

I also tried to do editing according to already existing pointer addresses from the cheat table that was already made(like tried to follow the pattern of addresses such as JPstr: 206AC4D2A20 + 38 and JPrec: 206AC4D2A20 + 3C, but I still can't get the proper addresses), speaking of which, shouldn't JPstr edit the strength stat? It's not working for me. And does "JP" stand for Japanese or something? I have english version of game.

I can't find the pointers for characters stats nor do I know how to change weapons stats.

My last ditch effort would be to manually search the numbers of the stats as they grow and attempt to edit them but I don't think I can do the same with weapon's stats, because their values don't grow/change.

Is there some save editor out there that I don't know about?

Update:
Okay so I found the str stat and changed it and while it changes in the status info on the character, I don't see a damage difference in battle.
But when I increase agility stat on status screen of a character and then go in battle, they do act first. That's odd.
Last edited by MatthewD on Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

MatthewD
Cheater
Cheater

Post by MatthewD »

Septum wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:27 pm
Big thank yous for these codes!! Is there a way to revert back to lower event rank? I fight a lot and my rank is about 16. I can go back? Thank you in advance!!
Without being 100% sure, no you can't go back in event ranks. Once you reach an event rank that's it.

What you can do is freeze the event rank so it doesn't increase and also slow down the progress of it.

Septum
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Septum »

MatthewD wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:31 am
Septum wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:27 pm
Without being 100% sure, no you can't go back in event ranks. Once you reach an event rank that's it.

What you can do is freeze the event rank so it doesn't increase and also slow down the progress of it.

How do freeze it? I'd like too try thats

variante
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by variante »

MatthewD wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:26 am
Update:
Okay so I found the str stat and changed it and while it changes in the status info on the character, I don't see a damage difference in battle.
But when I increase agility stat on status screen of a character and then go in battle, they do act first. That's odd.
The game seems to cap the contribution to damage from character's stats at some small number. To get anything beyond 9999 dmg, you need other sources, like in my case from weapons. Seems like evasion and defense are capped similarly (maybe initiative too, but the cap is too high it doesn't matter). Luck doesn't seem capped though, since I was able to guarantee triggering stronger version of skills (e.g. Spirit Fist instead of Second Wind).

MatthewD
Cheater
Cheater

Post by MatthewD »

Step 1: Download the 6th version of cheat table on the fist page of this topic if you haven't already.(Alternatively there is another cheat table with some additionalss, posted in between the pages of this topic by someone else)

Step 2: Double click the cheat table you downloaded, it should automatically open cheat engine for you with the table of cheats showing at the bottom half of the program.

Step 3: Click/activate/x mark the following boxes in order:

Romancing SaGa -Minstrel Song- Remastered - v2020.3.36.63851 - Steam

Pointers (and then scroll all the way down, by the way if you see "??" on values of these cheats, you should load/reload your saved game, that will fix the values shown)

rank_point (This freezes your event/quest rank points)

rank_point_sheryl(this is not necessary to do, it depends on what you want to do with Sheryl and her questline, if you are interested in her, you should look up romancing saga guides, even old ones-about Playstation 2 version, are very relevant and helpful)

If you want to manually progress the how powerful the monsters you encounter are, it's recommended to activate/freeze "mon_basic_lv(Monster Rank)" to value 0, and then when you want to make the monsters stronger you can increase the value yourself.

MatthewD
Cheater
Cheater

Post by MatthewD »

variante wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:42 am
MatthewD wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:26 am
Update:
The game seems to cap the contribution to damage from character's stats at some small number. To get anything beyond 9999 dmg, you need other sources, like in my case from weapons. Seems like evasion and defense are capped similarly (maybe initiative too, but the cap is too high it doesn't matter). Luck doesn't seem capped though, since I was able to guarantee triggering stronger version of skills (e.g. Spirit Fist instead of Second Wind).
I don't even get close to 9999 dmg though no matter how much I increase the STR or other stats.
There is a luck value? I haven't seen it on character stats. Could you help me find it?

And I need help with how to edit weapon stats/values. Can you help me there too? Please explain in an elaborate way-as if you explain to a newbie, to make sure I understand.

blanksyndrome
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by blanksyndrome »

Is it possible to modify (add/remove) party members with this? Some characters have some very obscure recruitment conditions or join very late, so it'd be fun to have the option to use 'em easier.

daninthemix
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by daninthemix »

can we get one hit kills?

Septum
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Septum »

Anything with smoke bombs?