Dragon Quest Heroes 2 (Steam)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
FlunkyDave
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Dragon Quest Heroes 2 (Steam)

Post by FlunkyDave »

Hey, you're prooooobably done with this already, but I was curious...

Is it possible to add a cheat that lets me add Monster Medals through Cheat Engine instead of having to beat a monster for it, and can the timer be set to infinite for them? Or something that allows me to equip any weapon on any character?

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

LoneStrider
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by LoneStrider »

Hey, not sure if anyone ever visits here, but I decided to use the have 50 power points option which makes the PP bar huge, but you can only seem to pick up a few skills, I got it so I can pick enough skills to use 20 pp but I can't go higher, or max out to have 50/50 pp used. Any ideas?

Drinkie
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Drinkie »

Thought i'd mention that the ID list for the buy from shop option needs correcting especially since some of them actually point to other items and it's also not complete other than that it's a nice table

Anguish
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Anguish »

DrummerIX wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:51 pm
Options By DrummerIX:
Damage Modifier (God Mode, One Hit Kill, EnemyDamageMultiplier, HeroDamageMultiplier, HeroCannotDie)
Infinite MP
Infinite Yggdrasil Leaves
Infinite Skill Points
Set Ingredients Amount To 80
Monster Defeated Multiplier
Quest Monster Defeated Multiplier
Proficiency Multiplier
Have 50 Party Points
Infinite Bonus Ball Time Left
Various Pointers (Including ability to edit additional effects on Weapons, Orbs, Accessories)

Enjoy!
Thanks for the table, it has helped greatly with grinding objectives in the game. However, I have encountered a problem.

Two of the character's (Alena and Kyril) proficiency stats appear to be bugged, they're stuck at 1 star. I've played as them plenty, checked integrity of local files via Steam, and everything is in order. The proficiency multiplier worked appropriately for all characters except them. I am now trying to make adjustments via the Cheat Engine; either set their weapon proficiencies to 15 (20) stars, or reset the characters.

Under [Pointers] > [Highlighted Item (Weapon, Orb, Accessory)] > [Item Star Amount], a hexadecimal may be entered (I'm guessing based on the tangent of 0FFF is 15.124003613933) for a selected item. To see if I was editing correctly, I made changes to a weapon's (Alena) Additional Effects and saw them updated in-game. Activating the Item Star Amount pointer with a value of 0FFF did not change Alena's proficiency however.

What can I do to fix this issue? I just want Alena and Kyril's proficiency high enough to trigger the Puff-Puff cutscene; I'm uncertain if proficiency impacts that, but that's what I've read a couple times.

The only thing I can think of is to load a different saved game, perform an Unknown Initial Value scan, and follow the remaining steps to identify what/where proficiency is being accessed/written/read and determine which ones are for Alena and Kyril. [Camp] > Character > Base pointer address changes when selecting a character, maybe I can use that to pinpoint what I'm looking for.

If I'm not too late and the thread still has a pulse, I'd greatly appreciate some help. Thanks.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

Well, this was my first attempt at making tables way back in 2017. Pox911 made a small table and I started trying to make more options. I believe this game had different offsets for everyone except the 2 main characters for some things. Not sure why Alena and Kyril would have messed up. I think they are the last characters you get and to be honest I didn't quite make it that far when I was playing.

I show 2 spots for Proficiency Multiplier based on the different offsets.

Search for Array of Byte the following:

F3 0F 58 CE F3 0F 11 8C BB 38 03 00 00

and

F3 0F 58 CE F3 0F 11 8B 88 01 00 00

Then open in Dissembler view and choose the Find out what addresses this instruction accesses from the right click menu of the following:

movss [rbx+rdi*4+00000338],xmm1

and

movss [rbx+00000188],xmm1

Use Alena and Kyril and it should show up their Proficiency addresses and values that you can manually change after that.

At least that is how I think it works. Unless Alena and Kyril use something totally different which I'm not sure if they do.

Anguish
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Anguish »

DrummerIX wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:44 am
I show 2 spots for Proficiency Multiplier based on the different offsets.

Search for Array of Byte the following:

F3 0F 58 CE F3 0F 11 8C BB 38 03 00 00

and

F3 0F 58 CE F3 0F 11 8B 88 01 00 00

Then open in Dissembler view and choose the Find out what addresses this instruction accesses from the right click menu of the following:

movss [rbx+rdi*4+00000338],xmm1

and

movss [rbx+00000188],xmm1

Use Alena and Kyril and it should show up their Proficiency addresses and values that you can manually change after that.

At least that is how I think it works. Unless Alena and Kyril use something totally different which I'm not sure if they do.
That certainly makes more sense, I had just opened the script and saw those figures.
Spoiler
They made no sense to me
I believe I followed your instructions correctly, but didn't see a change for any characters-however everyone but Kyril and Alena were maxed. I switched to an earlier save and recorded changes for Theresa (Address 824291FC), Torneko (824291FC), Cesar (824289C8), and the other heroes before Cesar is acquired; I'll have to play further to find out if Kyril and Alena show up.

The address 8249291FC shows up more than the other one I mentioned, I'll see what I can do with the addresses I found. Otherwise, onward to playthrough #2. Thank you speed mode.

Anguish
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Anguish »

9/3/19 Edit:
For anyone experiencing proficiency problems or bugs with Alena and Kyril, feel free to download the attachment below. The table should be identical to the one provided by DrummerIX with the exception of two additions to the Address List. The remainder of my post should help lead you to a resolution.

I progressed enough in my other save and performed the previously mentioned steps for troubleshooting.
It turns out the latter Array of Byte (F3 0F 58 CE F3 0F 11 8B 88 01 00 00) changed for Alena and Kyril; I imagine this is similar to the distinction between the the Player Characters and "Everyone Else".

Their addresses were the following:

ALENA: 82429BE0

KYRIL: 82429D80

I added these to the address list and found their values to be 1.099999969E11 .

I changed the values to 150 and left their boxes unchecked, and sure enough, they began changing.

Darndest thing. When I googled the issue, someone was experiencing something similar with Meena. Wonder what could have triggered this to begin with.

Thanks for your help. I had found those Array of Byte variables when examining the Proficiency Multiplier script, but like I said, I had no idea what to do with the information.

Cheers.
Attachments
DQH2AleneKyril.CT
Misspelled Alena in file name.
(147.62 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

LucyHF
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by LucyHF »

This is a simple request but I am unable to do it. Can someone provide how to keep the same camera during battle and exploration. I am not talking about keeping Camera distance at 3. I want to keep camera at 1 or 2 for both exploration and battle.

So far I have done 2 bytes, 4 bytes and float scans but none of the values I found affect Camera (some affected battle music). Can anyone help me with this or guide me what value to search for when searching for battle and exploration camera.

mamekoski
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by mamekoski »

to anyone who's still play out the game,

any modification that applies permanently after we save? i know Base stats reset every LV up, so how about weapon/shield/accessories?

sokenbitya
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by sokenbitya »

These are just camera codes I had some fun making.
*As a side note, if you get too close to the character, the texture will disappear.
Also the code for Puff Puff.
Attachments
camera-test.CT
(6.88 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

Sophignon
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Sophignon »

I'm sorry for bringing up a much older topic like this, but I've been trying to get some options to work, and just can't seem to. Particularly, the damage modifiers. For heroes or enemies, the options just don't seem to do anything. Amazing table, however, great options and the rest has been working for me.

NeilGlory
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by NeilGlory »

Does any of you "Table Makers" care to fullfil my request? (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25277&p=304942#p304942)
I would've like if this table also had Monster Medal related cheats, like the unlimited monster spawn. Not to be rude or anything, but this cheat table is incomplete, I've come up with a lot more options that can be extremely benefic for Dragon Quest Heroes 2. Just check my post out, I'll leave you at that since I hate waiting ten million years for someone to finally do or say something.

ratboy181
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ratboy181 »

Inf Mini Medals isn't working.