What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: [Request] Tales of Arise

Post by thelapisfox »

I've been editing it in the script

Code: Select all

xpmp:
dd (float)2

As for the stats, I thought that but then shouldn't the raw base numbers also include the added stats from the herbs? After all, his weapon only accounts for 137 of the 1198 elemental attack at level 14.

HylianZ
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by HylianZ »

Anyone had luck finding the artifacts yet? DLC adds a bunch like 99 consumables, 20% and 100% more XP, cheaper crafting/forging/stores, etc..., but I'm not very good at finding things.

zachillios
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by zachillios »

HylianZ wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:44 pm
Anyone had luck finding the artifacts yet? DLC adds a bunch like 99 consumables, 20% and 100% more XP, cheaper crafting/forging/stores, etc..., but I'm not very good at finding things.
I've been looking at item structures in general, and it looks like they've made them far more complicated than in previous games. So it's not just you.

HylianZ
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by HylianZ »

zachillios wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:16 pm
I've been looking at item structures in general, and it looks like they've made them far more complicated than in previous games. So it's not just you.
That's what I figured. Seems like there's not just one place where all the items are held together in memory like past games. Surely there's some trick to it though.

NinjaBlazin
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by NinjaBlazin »

Request: Add Console/FoV Slider/Draw Distance for NPCs/Foliage/Grass etc.

Impala
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Impala »

HylianZ wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:19 pm
zachillios wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:16 pm
That's what I figured. Seems like there's not just one place where all the items are held together in memory like past games. Surely there's some trick to it though.
Is this game worth buying? It's $60, kinda pricy, I would ask you this on discord but you left it

I like tales games but I don't think this adds anything new

tafoplaka
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by tafoplaka »

chausies wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:45 am
@miwagre thanks! We in there.

I'll be putting my personal cheat table here. I'll mostly be doing quality of life things (faster growth rates, changing item amounts). Will update.
Looks great :D
Think it would be a nice idea to create a new topic and paste your tables there thought. Easier to find and follow and check for updates too.

HylianZ
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by HylianZ »

Impala wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:08 pm
Is this game worth buying? It's $60, kinda pricy, I would ask you this on discord but you left it

Honestly, I'm not sure yet. Combat is a little flat compared to previous iterations of the series. And looking at the play stats area, the game seems short. That being said, who knows. I'm not too far in yet. Only just arrived in the second area.

Impala
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Impala »

HylianZ wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:15 pm
Impala wrote:

Honestly, I'm not sure yet. Combat is a little flat compared to previous iterations of the series. And looking at the play stats area, the game seems short. That being said, who knows. I'm not too far in yet. Only just arrived in the second area.
Does it upgrade the tales games by adding anything special, or is it just some standard JRPG

standard JRPG: story, turn based combat, side quests, level up, gear

Dragon Quest had upgrades that improved the JRPG genre

Just debating if I want to shell out $60 on a standard JRPG that has a different story

Ninomae Tako'nis
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Ninomae Tako'nis »

Impala wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:18 pm
HylianZ wrote:
Impala wrote:

Does it upgrade the tales games by adding anything special, or is it just some standard JRPG

Just debating if I want to shell out $60 on a standard JRPG that has a different story
It seems..alright. It honestly plays more like older tales games. You can only equip 6 artes per battle now instead of however much more were in the last game. It slows down combat a bit imo. I haven't gotten too far due to time, but it hasn't done anything unique that I've seen yet. Maybe it does later on. If you're on the fence, you could always just use the non Steam "demo" to try it out.

HylianZ
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by HylianZ »

Impala wrote:

It seems to have most of the Tales' games staples. A score system to replace grade, it seems. Tough fights placed throughout the world which will require backtracking to do when you're higher level. It has nicer skits, which is cool, and they change character appearance in them with your outfit, which is new and an advancement of that aspect. Not everything is voiced, like subquest dialogue and interacting with random NPCs, which I guess is pretty standard.

Combat is wildly simplified in what I've seen so far. One meter for all healing/recovery magic shared for the whole party. No system for magic/artes besides a regenerating bar like what existed in Berseria, except you don't use a normal attack to gain back the ability to use artes, you just wait. No MP of any kind besides the one used for recovery. Just the "attack gauge" which covers all but normal attacks. There's also an assist system that charges as you fight, then it's just one press of the button to use the other characters' specials, like downing aerial enemies or stopping mages from casting (two different characters' abilities) and there's a system for powerful attacks that seem to be used at random, and that's based on combos and enemy health. Lower the health and higher the combo the more likely you are to be able to use it. You also only get to set 3 artes for ground use and 3 artes for aerial use. One for each button. Normal attack by default was mapped to RB as well, but I was able to remap that.

Haven't seen an overworld yet either, so either that's something they left out, or I just haven't unlocked it. You transition between areas either via fast travel or by running through them like in Berseria.

Skills are learned through a title system, and you earn skill points in battle and through various subquests. Items are collected through the game to increase the recovery gauge. Seems like there's a good amount of weapon variety, but not so much with accessories. Each party member only has 3 pieces of equipment. Weapon, armor, and accessory, so that's been simplified too. You can enhance accessories, but only higher level ones, and you get materials by gathering them from the world, just like with food used for cooking, which can only be done when 'resting'.

I'm sure there's more, but it's still early (I hope).

Edit: The game is certainly the prettiest so far, but it seems like they dumbed down a lot of the systems to try and bring in newcomers. Also, it's not turn based. It's the LMBS but changed, like every other Tales game.

Impala
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Impala »

HylianZ wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:37 pm
Any romance in the game?

HylianZ
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by HylianZ »

Impala wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:42 pm
Any romance in the game?
Not that I've seen, though there is some kind of character friendship system, and you can increase it when you rest by chatting with one of the party members. Not sure what effect it might have, if any.

zachillios
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by zachillios »

Ninomae Tako'nis wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:27 pm
Impala wrote:
HylianZ wrote:

It seems..alright. It honestly plays more like older tales games. You can only equip 6 artes per battle now instead of however much more were in the last game. It slows down combat a bit imo. I haven't gotten too far due to time, but it hasn't done anything unique that I've seen yet. Maybe it does later on. If you're on the fence, you could always just use the non Steam "demo" to try it out.
One thing I'll praise them for is they brought back unique items. So doing quests and exploring are actually worth doing. Like in older tales of games, your work is rewarded. Unlike with Zesteria and Berseria where you'd open a chest and it would just be another generic random generated weapon.

blaque_czar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by blaque_czar »

Ninomae Tako'nis wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:27 pm
Impala wrote:
HylianZ wrote:

You get a toggle later in the game to allow you to set 6 more.