Why do you cheat?

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
renegadespeedrun
Cheater
Cheater

Why do you cheat?

Post by renegadespeedrun »

Why do you guys cheat on singleplayer games?
I'll start. I have realised that our abilities in a game are fleeting and it's just not worth to invest so much time to become good in a singleplayer game, because if you stop playing it just for some weeks you lose almost all of your abilities on that game. So, I'd rather nowadays just spend my time travelling to a new adventure, new places, enjoy a story and the distraction, without the challenge. Of course, I'm talking just about games that have some kind of challenge inserted into the gameplay, and I see that only as a way of prolonging your time in the game anyways.
Looking forward to this discussion.

seikur0
Code Alchemist
Code Alchemist

Re: Why do you cheat?

Post by seikur0 »

I cheat, because lately I always seem to have not enough time and game developers just love to put stuff inside their games, that makes you waste time. I sometimes feel like they are drug dealers and they want you to take their stuff as long as possible, so that their game counts as good or to have enough for multiplayer. And rather than actually putting in compelling features, they put in addictive features.
At least in my opinion a good game doesn't waste your time, it offers new experiences and fresh challenges. What they do is like taking a good book and just putting some passages inside that just repeat themselves over and over, nobody wants that. Gamers only put up with it, because it's addictive and they don't really notice due to that or maybe for the younger ones they just don't know what to do with their time anyways and are glad that it's taken from them. For me, I don't want dopamine rushs, I want interesting experiences in life and also in video games, that make me more content and happy about my life rather than just for the moment.

Often you could build in some great features to avoid grinding or maybe just improve stuff and the game developers were not creative enough or just didn't dare putting these great features in, so that's my job then.

And last but not least as a table developer I like to do it, because it's just a hobby of mine and a very unique one at that. I rarely get the chance to look through assembly code, it's like a game in and of itself, like solving puzzles on a high level.

ShyTwig16
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ShyTwig16 »

seikur0 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:42 pm
I cheat, because lately I always seem to have not enough time and game developers just love to put stuff inside their games, that makes you waste time. I sometimes feel like they are drug dealers and they want you to take their stuff as long as possible, so that their game counts as good or to have enough for multiplayer. And rather than actually putting in compelling features, they put in addictive features.
At least in my opinion a good game doesn't waste your time, it offers new experiences and fresh challenges. What they do is like taking a good book and just putting some passages inside that just repeat themselves over and over, nobody wants that. Gamers only put up with it, because it's addictive and they don't really notice due to that or maybe for the younger ones they just don't know what to do with their time anyways and are glad that it's taken from them. For me, I don't want dopamine rushs, I want interesting experiences in life and also in video games, that make me more content and happy about my life rather than just for the moment.

Often you could build in some great features to avoid grinding or maybe just improve stuff and the game developers were not creative enough or just didn't dare putting these great features in, so that's my job then.

And last but not least as a table developer I like to do it, because it's just a hobby of mine and a very unique one at that. I rarely get the chance to look through assembly code, it's like a game in and of itself, like solving puzzles on a high level.
This is really well put, I'd say it's the same for me.

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

I tend to not cheat in games that i really enjoy playing though they are very few. But the reasons i do is either i don't care much for the gameplay and just want to see the story of the game or its just getting more enjoyment out of the game.

Some games have puzzles which annoy the hell out of me ( i don't like puzzles ) or they're really hard or repetitive and i have no interest in going through that nonsense.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

^ Try a real life escape room, you'll have lots of fun!

renegadespeedrun
Cheater
Cheater

SunBeam wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:27 pm
^ Try a real life escape room, you'll have lots of fun!
hhahahaha

Marc
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Marc »

I cheat to have it easier while playing the games. Usually I'm more interested in "seeing the story" than to actually spent hours with senseless fights.

And sometimes, cheating the games is more fun than actually playing them.

lukekido
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by lukekido »

seikur0 wrote:
[...]
2 years ago I've been diagnosed with Chron's disease in a very late stage and medics counted my remaining months.
Although it devastated my girlfriend, all I cared about was travelling and gaming.
At that time I was a World of Warcraft addict and I got angry when realised it's all about nonsense grinding, so I've noticed that most games I use to play shared the same concept: "Lack of content? -> Fill it with grind gaps".
I was wanted to play the whole Assassin's Creed franchise but with just 5 months remaining it was just impossible for me, so I started my cheating spree :lol: .
I stopped with AC's games at Syndicate and finished dozens of games and, man, I felt so happy and realized ... I love gaming haha (oh my, I'm in tears rn).
My entrails decided to give me a new chance to live! For some reason, they started
working again and I'm on treatment sice then, healthy and fine.
So (except for the awful part :) ) I share the same reason than you guys.

renegadespeedrun
Cheater
Cheater

lukekido wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:42 pm
seikur0 wrote:
[...]
2 years ago I've been diagnosed with Chron's disease in a very late stage and medics counted my remaining months.
Although it devastated my girlfriend, all I cared about was travelling and gaming.
At that time I was a World of Warcraft addict and I got angry when realised it's all about nonsense grinding, so I've noticed that most games I use to play shared the same concept: "Lack of content? -> Fill it with grind gaps".
I was wanted to play the whole Assassin's Creed franchise but with just 5 months remaining it was just impossible for me, so I started my cheating spree :lol: .
I stopped with AC's games at Syndicate and finished dozens of games and, man, I felt so happy and realized ... I love gaming haha (oh my, I'm in tears rn).
My entrails decided to give me a new chance to live! For some reason, they started
working again and I'm on treatment sice then, healthy and fine.
So (except for the awful part :) ) I share the same reason than you guys.
sorry to hear that man. I got a friend with crohn's disease. He doesn't play games everyday because he says that would lead to addiction, but he says that there are always good and pleasurable things in life to look forward to, so i think he's happy and satisfied with his life.

Cheating in games is just so much more fun, like many people said, and plus, we don't get to waste our time with the bad parts of a game. It's in my opinion, just wins. I also don't play any multiplayer games, so much of time I don't see too much of grinding and addictive elements in games, but the mere fact of offering challenges I can't beat without wasting time on training or on doing it all again (older games love to push you way back to the beginning of a level!) so cheating on any kind of game, even if it's for infinite lives or health, just makes it more fun and less waste of time. Best thing ever in gaming is cheating and hacking, in my opinion, but with limits of course because you don't want to just break the game and make it lose all of the fun too.

apollo1
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by apollo1 »

TL;DR - Time, Im married to my job and dont have enough time to play legit.

SvT
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by SvT »

Because making tables is the only enjoyment I get out of PC games.

metal64
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by metal64 »

After I finish a game legitimately, I like to mess around with cheats

EpicBirdi
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by EpicBirdi »

For me it's mostly the satisfaction of just making something I want to work, work, be it small or whatever.
Helping others out is also a primary goal, but work keeps that at the backburner most of the time..

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

Why do you cheat?

Because i can, since "Once a cheater, always a cheater", you can never go back!There's hacks in life as well, is so bad that we couldn't find the "HEALTH" cheat address for HEALTH (immortality).Cheating (in games) gives you satisfaction +99 :P, no stress, no worries, just you, enjoying a game while playing even if you're a pro or you suck at it, playing a game for the first time or replaying it for like the 100 time!

Why do i cheat?Time!Is precious you know, nobody can give it back to you.There's a saying in our language:

"Hoţul neprins, negustor cinstit" = "The uncaught thief, the honest merchant" -> Know what i mean! :lol:

If you can, why not! ;) There's not a single person in this world who never said any single lie while living, think about that!What makes them, or me or you!? :)

So yeah, life's all about taking, take while you can, when you think life is unfair, cheat!Only doers win by cheating!!! :D Game cheating is the same, if you know what i mean! ;) :wub:

Lake333GLD
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Lake333GLD »

I do cheat, because I am disabled. I have a hard form of cerebral palsy, so I cheat to keep my health safe. I like 3D action games, but if I will play fair, it will take too much. My teeth, my muscles, my nerve system will be suffer, if I will not cheat.
But I do cheat in TBS too... It makes me feel peace, not chaos of fear. There are no cheats for every situation (Jedi Fallen Order or Tomb Raider jumping), so I keep safe my nerve system only in limited ways... Still, it is really helpful for me.
And, YES! I am helpless IRL, so I like to feel power in games, you are right, but not 100%.
Please, BE HAPPY in IRL!