Re: Solasta: Crown of The Magister

Post by jadow77 »

+1

Vandermeer
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Vandermeer »

I have an update as well, and thanks to kaiiak for pointing out the new .sav file could be opened with a zip program.
So here is an updated guide to the savegame editing from before:

Finding the save file and opening it
You can see the path in the picture, but in order to actually being able to edit any values, you will have to extract the raw text file within with for example 7zip. This file can then be opened with a hex editor of your choice, though I just use notepad++, which under plugins->hex-editor, simply has a "view in hex" option.

Feel free to experiment with the data you find, as I have. It is very easy to materialize your edits by letting your game run in the background, leaving the zipped file open and after making and saving changes to the textfile ("rii1" in the screenshot), you can just drag in the textfile again, where it will prompt you to confirm (excuse the german):
Then you just load the save in the game and see if something changed. If not, revert in the text editor, and try something else.

Finding the character
In comparison to before Solasta zipped the saves, you can now not easily find your character by searching his name one time upwards anymore. In my saves I had to instead search 3 times downwards, and it will be essentially the first real stat block that you see.(the other two name mentions before don't follow up with character stats) I have only tested this at the very beginning of the game however, and as the story progresses, the save file structure might change. Just be aware that there are multiple character sheets of the same character, yet only one is the actual "live" one that you want to edit. I could easily confirm the right one by looking at the attribute values that followed however, because all the other sheets I found had for some unknown reason wrong ones.

Speaking of attributes, I found that the attribute editing trick from the first page here still works perfecty.
Attributes
In order to edit an attribute, you need to do merely 2-3 changes. One value to the right of "BaseValue" and "CurrentValue" ((1) in the picture) you have to enter the appropriate statistic in hex. Base is the value without any modifier, while Current will be the final value, including race and presumably item boni or other buffs. In the example picture, the character is a Sylvan Elf, and therefore receives +2 Dex, resulting in the BaseValue being 16 (22 in Hex: 1x16 + 6x1), and Current being 18.
The second edit that you only have to do if you want characters to break the 20 attribute limit is next to CurrentValue at (2), where I inserted 1d which is 30. You shouldn't go beyond 30, since both DnD5e and Solasta weren't meant to handle it.

Initiative, Health and other basic values
One of the few positive developments of the game's savegame restructuring is that you don't have to input Initiative and Health updates by hand anymore, because the game will now properly update them on load if it recognizes your attribute change. If you still want to though, you can now do it with Initiative and most other values just as with attributes (I gave the guy +2 extra initiative over his +7 dex bonus):
No longer do you have to scour through the modifiers below, wondering which one is actually influencing the stat. Though if you'd want a hitpoints per level increase, you'd still need to do that.
Here is another example of editing the critical threshold, where you of course need to go down to be better. (from 14 for 20 I improved it to 13 for 19-20)
As you can see with the blue marker I also went to increase the maximum character level just to see what would happen. Most likely it will just crash when it gets to either 10 or 11.

You can also increase your ProficiencyBonus and even armor class, however, now the bad news regarding their changes to the save structure

Supernatural pools
I used to be able to easily edit for example base and per-level values for my paladin's healingpool. In October I had one with like 20 base and +15 per level, making healing very comfortable. ..Well, not anymore, though it might still be possible. Instead of giving clear values (e.g. perlevel 05) the save now seems to just reference centralized variables, so you can't directly enter a custom value for each character anymore. The central values might also be in the file and be editable, but I refused to investigate this, as it clearly means that not just my paladin, but every paladin would then walk around with the boni.
When it comes to spell pools it is even sadder. I could before just bestow for example 9 level 1 spell slots, and it would update the graphic blips and all. Now when I do this (increase the 01-level spell slots to 09):

It comes out as this:

It superficially works the same, so I really do have the 9 spell slots, however, the live-recalculation that was an advantage with the attribute changes is now the greatest inhibitor, as the game will now on every long rest check whether your slots are correctly calculated, and reset all the changes made. This can probably be circumvented if you find an item that increases spell slots, and just power its effects up later, but I must say, it seems to be too much hassle. Currently, I simply use Cheat Engine for the effect. Annoying, but good enough.

Proficiencies and name dependant values
The packaging into zip also had some other negative consequences. I am not sure whether it is some checksum violation, but for some reason you cannot anymore extend or shrink the file, or it won't be accepted and found ingame. This means that you can't paste additional modifiers on values, nor can you add more known spells or proficiencies, as these would have to be added by expanding a list of names. This is also what stands in the way of removing said references above and replacing them by clear numbers again. You can't do it, since it would shorten the file, leading it to not being accepted.
Other consequences are the skintone of the character for example, because they also exist in clear name, so changing "copperskin" to "fair" is impossible, as you would have to delete some signs. You can still change the face however, because they are referenced by alphabetical letters. ...Not that it would matter though, because somewhere in the recent updates they have completely mangled the face model art for some reason, so all options are equally horrible.
Can you see that vaguely Putin-looking fair skinned athletic vampire from the first page here? When I tried to recreate him now, I was only shown options for bloated snack-vacuum or grinning cartoon goofball. There are neither young nor healthy looking characters available. Outrageous.

Billyone1739
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Billyone1739 »

Vandermeer wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 8:45 pm
Thank you for explaining, do you know what the value for the party's gold is? I tried looking through the save file and couldn't find it and I can figure out how to change it just by scanning.

shuiko
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by shuiko »

Billyone1739 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 9:50 pm
Thank you for explaining, do you know what the value for the party's gold is? I tried looking through the save file and couldn't find it and I can figure out how to change it just by scanning.
? Just use standard 4byte scan for gold. If oyu don't know google how to 4 byte scan for money/gold in EVERY game.

Billyone1739
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Billyone1739 »

shuiko wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 10:10 pm
? Just use standard 4byte scan for gold. If oyu don't know google how to 4 byte scan for money/gold in EVERY game.

I tried doing that and I couldn't get to work because the game breaks it down into gold pieces silver pieces and copper pieces so I was thinking that there's an internal number that it all adds up to that I can't find

lobosan
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by lobosan »

@Billyone1739 I successfully scanned for the gold value and bumped it up. Found and changed the character points in the character generator as well.

gideon25
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gideon25 »

Im going to give this one a shot...If it crashes a lot, or has a lot of anticheat checks or something I probably won't bother so no promises. So gold and character editing? Any other things I should look for?

Marc
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Marc »

gunbalde60 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 6:29 pm
Any chance to update this to the fully released version?
Started to update the table yesterday, but a marriage (my own one) came in the way.
Hope to get it done this weekend, anyway :D

shuiko
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by shuiko »

Billyone1739 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:27 pm
I tried doing that and I couldn't get to work because the game breaks it down into gold pieces silver pieces and copper pieces so I was thinking that there's an internal number that it all adds up to that I can't find
? Did you even try doing it for JUST gold? Cause each currency is separate, and its very standard 4byte scan.

If anything I can even 4byte scan unlimited spell slots too, but can't get a pointer to work so I just chill anyway..

Anyone figure out unlimited attack actions possible?

Vandermeer
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Vandermeer »

gideon25 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:27 am
Im going to give this one a shot...If it crashes a lot, or has a lot of anticheat checks or something I probably won't bother so no promises. So gold and character editing? Any other things I should look for?
Spell and ability endurance would be welcome.

gideon25
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gideon25 »

Vandermeer wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 7:17 am
gideon25 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:27 am
Spell and ability endurance would be welcome.
Like being able to cast a spell numerous times without relearning it? What is ability endurance?

Empyrial
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Empyrial »

I'm not good at tables. Hell, this is the first time I've even registered to post.

There's a cheat menu that's available from the game menu. It has options for invulnerable party, clearing fog of war and killing all enemies.

Code: Select all

define(campaignd,GameCampaignScreen:OnBeginShow+19e)
define(campaignb,45 33 C0 45 33 C9)
define(battled,GameLocationScreenBattle:OnBeginShow+1ee)
define(battleb,BA 04 00 00 00)
define(explod,GameLocationScreenExploration:OnBeginShow+51d )
define(explob,BA 04 00 00 00)

[ENABLE]

alloc(campaigna,$1000,GameCampaignScreen:OnBeginShow+19e)
alloc(battlea,$1000,GameLocationScreenBattle:OnBeginShow+1ee)
alloc(exploa,$1000,GameLocationScreenExploration:OnBeginShow+51d )

label(campaignr)
label(battler)
label(explor)

campaigna:
  mov r8d,00000001
  mov r9d,00000001
  jmp campaignr

campaignd:
  jmp campaigna
  nop
campaignr:

battlea:
  mov r8d,00000001
  mov r9d,00000001
  mov edx,00000004
  jmp battler

battled:
  jmp battlea
battler:

exploa:
  mov r8d,00000001
  mov r9d,00000001
  mov edx,00000004
  jmp explor

explod:
  jmp exploa
explor:

[DISABLE]

campaignd:
  db campaignb
battled:
  db battleb
explod:
  db explob

dealloc(campaigna)
dealloc(battlea)
dealloc(exploa)
I've tested this code, and it should enable the cheat menu everywhere it is relevant. I don't know if I plan on updating this for new versions, but it should be pretty obvious what this is doing, so updating it shouldn't be hard.

I'm trying to find bestiary unlocks, and will update if I find something.

hornedskulldrake
Cheater
Cheater

Post by hornedskulldrake »

I found item duplication glitch with the store
  1. First get the item you want to duplicate material, manual of health (the one permanently increase attribute), etc
  2. go to any store preferably the one where you can quickly open it
  3. sell your item, yes you heard me right (you already open cheat engine forum so most likely you already use gold cheat anyway)
  4. then close the store, this will make your item available in other tab
  5. then open it BUT DON'T BUY IT FROM THE "ALL ITEM" TAB instead go to other tab your sold item will most likely in its own category (manual of health in magical item category, primed item in crafting category and so forth)
  6. now you can infinitely click on how many item you want to dupe but be warned once you purchased it and you reopen the store it will disappear, to counter this just do it again simple
note : if you cancel your purchase it will increase the amount of item available at the shop
ex: you sell 1 item X and you try to buy 3 then you cancel it now X item is 3 in the shop for you to buy

also i found out that if you sell stackable item for example 1 angry violet, then you buy 3 of it the other 2 duplicated angry violet will become 20 stack if you move it around
Last edited by hornedskulldrake on Sat May 29, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Empyrial
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Empyrial »

Alright, I can't edit my posts, so I'll just keep replying with code snippets when I find something useful.

Infinite spell casts:

[ENABLE]
//code from here to '[DISABLE]' will be used to enable the cheat
define(slot,RulesetCharacter:SpendSpellSlot)
define(slotbytes,55)

slot:
  db C3

[DISABLE]
slot:
  db 55

gideon25
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gideon25 »

Empyrial wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 12:20 pm
Alright, I can't edit my posts, so I'll just keep replying with code snippets when I find something useful.

Infinite spell casts:

[ENABLE]
//code from here to '[DISABLE]' will be used to enable the cheat
define(slot,RulesetCharacter:SpendSpellSlot)
define(slotbytes,55)

slot:
  db C3

[DISABLE]
slot:
  db 55
Yep, same one I have in the table im making :P Eventually Im going to put everything into a large table once everything is found and setup. I have the spell casts, Infinite spell memorizing/spell slots (memorize ALL spells) and character creation and level up maxing stuff..