Reducing Pointer Scan Results

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
q13allz420
Cheater
Cheater

Reducing Pointer Scan Results

Post by q13allz420 »

Hi I've created my own cheat tables using basic hex address editing and pointer scans...i'm not very familar with code injection/aob etc. etc. :oops: :?
anyway im searching for a pointer that uses the players base health address as all the other cheats such as armor and ammo for the various weapons are just offsets of the player base health. The problem is no matter how many times I restart the level, quit the game, restart the computer so on and so forth I just keep getting 1000s of results and cannot reduce it anymore :( any ideas or help would be appreciated thank you.

Marc
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Reducing Pointer Scan Results

Post by Marc »

Some ideas:
  • check out via "find out what accesses this address" which code accesses it. You'll get a window with one or more assembler codes. If you see something like "mov eax,[rdx+40] or so, you'll know that you should filter your result list for the last offset to be 40.
  • Sometimes it helps to even reboot the PC to get new and different addresses
  • If you cannot narrow down the results further, click on the last column-header of the results, so the results get sorted, the shortest possible path is now on top. I'd then use the shortest one.
And of course keep the last saved pointer scanner result for further reference in case the pointer you chose suddenly gets unreliable.

have fun,
Marc