z Baldur's Gate 3

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
Pillbug
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: z Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Pillbug »

Helios2216 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:03 pm
The weapons root template changes the look of the weapon to the best of my knowledge. You can unpack the root template which is in a folder called root template and find the matching id with all other information. You can leave the using info the same.
I appreciate you taking the time to reply, but I've already unpacked Shared.pak from the Data folder. That's how I gained access to the RootTemplates folder and its _merged.lsf file to begin with. Here are a couple images from Notepad++ to help provide a clearer indication of what I found and what I changed.

The ritual axe (PainPriest_Handaxe):

The meat cleaver (WPN_HUM_CleaverAxe_A):

Sorry for how squashed they are in the post, opening them in a new tab or copying & pasting the URLs should provide a larger view. In any case, the first entry for both corresponded to the UUID and both of them have entries after that which are specified as items (highlighted in red in the images). That's the section I replaced without any change in the model. There's also an intermediate section for the meat cleaver that I tried copying & pasting, which turned the ritual axe into an item that uses the helmet slot (my character's hair disappeared when I equipped it).

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

Helios2216
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Helios2216 »

Pillbug wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:07 pm
Helios2216 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:03 pm
The weapons root template changes the look of the weapon to the best of my knowledge. You can unpack the root template which is in a folder called root template and find the matching id with all other information. You can leave the using info the same.
I appreciate you taking the time to reply, but I've already unpacked Shared.pak from the Data folder. That's how I gained access to the RootTemplates folder and its _merged.lsf file to begin with. Here are a couple images from Notepad++ to help provide a clearer indication of what I found and what I changed.

The ritual axe (PainPriest_Handaxe):

The meat cleaver (WPN_HUM_CleaverAxe_A):

Sorry for how squashed they are in the post, opening them in a new tab or copying & pasting the URLs should provide a larger view. In any case, the first entry for both corresponded to the UUID and both of them have entries after that which are specified as items (highlighted in red in the images). That's the section I replaced without any change in the model. There's also an intermediate section for the meat cleaver that I tried copying & pasting, which turned the ritual axe into an item that uses the helmet slot (my character's hair disappeared when I equipped it).
Hopefully, you have a backup to revert any changes to the root template file.
My approach would be to simply use the default root template without any modification inside the _merged file and only work with weapon.txt.

Code: Select all

Original
 new entry "GOB_PainPriest_Handaxe"
type "Weapon"
using "WPN_Handaxe"
data "RootTemplate" "5c996c03-99e9-40c1-8acf-d761550d26f5" // change this
data "ValueOverride" "280"
data "Rarity" "Uncommon"
data "Boosts" "UnlockSpell(Target_Slash)"
data "Passives" "GOB_PainPriest_Axe_Passive"
data "Unique" "1"
"4f67b6cb-ccc4-497e-b5d3-2804726e8706"

Moddified
type "Weapon"
using "WPN_Handaxe"
data "RootTemplate" "b6b4ac25-e54b-441f-b6d3-423ea728cfb1" // to this, which comes from
data "Rarity" "Uncommon"
data "Unique" "1"

new entry "WPN_MeatCleaver"
type "Weapon"
using "WPN_Handaxe"
data "RootTemplate" "b6b4ac25-e54b-441f-b6d3-423ea728cfb1" // here
data "ItemGroup" "MeatCleaver"
data "Weapon Properties" "Melee;Dippable"

The logic is the root links to parent information that link to other features such as animation, etc. I hope this helps.

Edit: Not related to above, marking down info

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<save>
    <version major="4" minor="0" revision="0" build="41"/>
    <region id="Tags">
        <node id="root">
            <attribute id="Description" type="LSString" value="|Generic origin|"/>
            <attribute id="DisplayDescription" type="TranslatedString" handle="hf68bfa38g47b3g4ef4gab13gf7b128762adc" version="1"/>
            <attribute id="DisplayName" type="TranslatedString" handle="h696805a2g000dg44a5ga5f9g16dbe53c9927" version="1"/>
            <attribute id="Icon" type="FixedString" value=""/>
            <attribute id="Name" type="FixedString" value="GENERIC"/>
            <attribute id="UUID" type="guid" value="730e82f3-c067-44a4-985b-0dfe079d4fea"/>
            <children>
                <node id="Categories">
                    <children>
                        <node id="Category">
                            <attribute id="Name" type="LSString" value="Code"/>
                        </node>
                        <node id="Category">
                            <attribute id="Name" type="LSString" value="Dialog"/>
                        </node>
                        <node id="Category">
                            <attribute id="Name" type="LSString" value="Origin"/>
                        </node>
                        <node id="Category">
                            <attribute id="Name" type="LSString" value="DialogHidden"/>
                        </node>
                    </children>
                </node>
            </children>
        </node>
    </region>
</save>

PROC
PROC_PlayersSelected()
AND
DB_Players(_Player)
AND
NOT DB_Origins(_Player)
THEN
SetTag(_Player,(TAG)GENERIC_730e82f3-c067-44a4-985b-0dfe079d4fea);

Last edited by Helios2216 on Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pillbug
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Pillbug »

Helios2216 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:37 pm
Hopefully, you have a backup to revert any changes to the root template file.
My approach would be to simply use the default root template without any modification inside the _merged file and only work with weapon.txt.
Spoiler

Original
type "Weapon"
using "WPN_Handaxe"
data "RootTemplate" "5c996c03-99e9-40c1-8acf-d761550d26f5" // change this
data "Rarity" "Uncommon"
data "Unique" "1"
"4f67b6cb-ccc4-497e-b5d3-2804726e8706"

Moddified
type "Weapon"
using "WPN_Handaxe"
data "RootTemplate" "b6b4ac25-e54b-441f-b6d3-423ea728cfb1" // to this, which comes from
data "Rarity" "Uncommon"
data "Unique" "1"

new entry "WPN_MeatCleaver"
type "Weapon"
using "WPN_Handaxe"
data "RootTemplate" "b6b4ac25-e54b-441f-b6d3-423ea728cfb1" // here
data "ItemGroup" "MeatCleaver"
data "Weapon Properties" "Melee;Dippable"
The logic is the root links to parent information that link to other features such as animation, etc. I hope this helps.
:lol:

To think I had gone that far out of my way when I could've just fiddled swapped the template. I had convinced myself before even trying that doing so would have had nasty consequences due to both weapons sharing the template.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that out.

(Edit: And yeah, I backed up the file.)

Advent12
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Advent12 »

for those having trouble with the 'Companion Cheats' here is how it works (at least for me)

1st: select the character you made then press 'N' key on your keyboard which should get you to the character sheet (it will show your inventory, equipment, stats, spells)

2nd: while you are on the character sheet alt+tab to the cheat engine/table for bg3 then click on the box that says 'Select Main Character and Activate script'.

3rd: now go back to the game and at the bottom left you will see the portraits of the companions that you have brought with you. click on the companion that you want to change the approval of towards you so you can see their character sheet.

4th: while you are on that companion's character sheet alt+tab once more to the cheat engine/table for bg3 and click on the box that says 'Select Companion and Activate Script'.

5th: now click on the box that says 'a) Add 100 Attitude' if you want them to hate you or 'b) Add 100 Approval' if you want them to like you

That is it you have just made your companion to hate or love you.

Now to do the rest of the party member you can skip the 1st and 2nd step. Just click on then next the companion you want affected, click on the box that says 'Select Companion and Activate Script', and add attitude and approval.

I did this with companions i have with me on my party so I am not sure if you have to do 1st and 2nd step if you switch your team mates while in your camp.

EDIT: in case people don't know the 'Companion Cheats' are not meant to have the 'red x' stay on their box when activated so don't panic and start thinking its not working. it is designed to be a like that like the item spawner you activated the item spawns but the box doesnt have the red x on it
Last edited by Advent12 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wurmwood
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by wurmwood »

Is there a way to open the game in developer mode or debug mode? I found these commands in one of the files:

IF
TextEvent("wp")
THEN
PROC_Debug_UnlockAllWP();
PROC_Debug_OpenWaypointUI();

IF
TextEvent("wpunlock")
THEN

IF
TextEvent("wpmenu")
THEN

PROC
PROC_Debug_UnlockAllWP()
AND
DB_WaypointInfo(_,_Trigger,_WaypointID)
THEN
PROC_UnlockWaypointForAll(_WaypointID);

PROC
PROC_Debug_OpenWaypointUI()
AND
GetHostCharacter(_Player)
THEN
PROC_OpenWaypointUI(_Player,"",NULL_00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000);
//END_REGION
EXITSECTION

ENDEXITSECTION
ParentTargetEdge "__Start"

Acleacius
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Acleacius »

Does anyone know how to remove limitations of once per rest for Night Walkers (boots) Misty Step, enchantment?
Tried to use the method Helios2216 showed me to allow multiple uses on the Rain Dancer staff, without recharging rests.
But I can't seem to find the stats for the boots, with the cooldown setting.

Also, I noticed the awesome CT table with Unlimited Spells and Actions for the player, doesn't seem to cover the action, Jump. Is there anyway to make Jump, unlimited or usable multiple times a round?

I tried to find the modding on Larian's site as Helios2216 mentioned but couldn't find it. :(

Thanks

Helios2216
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Helios2216 »

Acleacius wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:56 am
Does anyone know how to remove limitations of once per rest for Night Walkers (boots) Misty Step, enchantment?
Tried to use the method Helios2216 showed me to allow multiple uses on the Rain Dancer staff, without recharging rests.
But I can't seem to find the stats for the boots, with the cooldown setting.

Also, I noticed the awesome CT table with Unlimited Spells and Actions for the player, doesn't seem to cover the action, Jump. Is there anyway to make Jump, unlimited or usable multiple times a round?

I tried to find the modding on Larian's site as Helios2216 mentioned but couldn't find it. :(

Thanks
I'm not sure what you modified but was it something like this:

// spell on boots: Target_UNI_MistyStep_NightWalkers so it is found in target_spell.txt

new entry "FOR_NightWalkers"
type "Armor"
using "ARM_Boots_Leather"
data "RootTemplate" "ac9145d1-31d0-4aa3-8755-62cc85dad22b"
data "ItemGroup" ""
data "ValueOverride" "500"
data "Rarity" "VeryRare"
data "Boosts" "UnlockSpell(Target_UNI_MistyStep_NightWalkers)" 
data "Passives" "FOR_NightWalkers_WebImmunity"

new entry "Target_UNI_MistyStep_NightWalkers"
type "SpellData"
data "SpellType" "Target"
using "Target_MistyStep"
data "SpellSchool" "Conjuration"
data "Cooldown" "OncePerShortRest" // cooldown here, did you change this?
data "SpellProperties" "GROUND:TeleportSource();"
data "TargetRadius" "18"
data "Icon" "Spell_Conjuration_MistyStep"
data "DisplayName" "Target_UNI_MistyStep_NightWalkers_DisplayName"
data "Description" "Target_UNI_MistyStep_NightWalkers_Description"
data "PrepareEffect" "VFX_Spells_Prepare_Arcane_Intent_Utility_MistyStep_Root_01,KeepRot:Dummy_Root::0:None::None::0:0::::;VFX_Spells_Prepare_Arcane_Intent_Utility_CastFX_01:Dummy_CastFX::0:None::None::0:0::::;VFX_Spells_Prepare_Arcane_Intent_Utility_OverlayHands_01:Dummy_R_HandFX::0:None::None::0:0::::;VFX_Spells_Prepare_Arcane_Intent_Utility_OverlayHands_02:Dummy_L_HandFX::0:None::None::0:0::::;VFX_Spells_Prepare_Arcane_Intent_Utility_EyeFX_01:Dummy_EyeFX_01::0:None::None::0:0::::;VFX_Spells_Prepare_Arcane_Intent_Utility_EyeFX_02:Dummy_EyeFX_02::0:None::None::0:0::::"
data "CastEffect" "VFX_Spells_Cast_Intent_Utility_TargetJump_BodyFX_01:Dummy_Root::0:None::None::0:0::::;VFX_Spells_Cast_Intent_Utility_TargetJump_BodyFX_02:Dummy_BodyFX::0:None::None::0:0::::;VFX_Spells_Cast_Intent_Utility_Stealth_MistyStep_Root_02:Dummy_Root:VFX_Somatic_03:0:None::None::0:0::::;VFX_Spells_Cast_Intent_Utility_Stealth_MistyStep_Root_01:Dummy_Root:VFX_Somatic_01:0:None::None::0:0::::"
data "CastTextEvent" "Cast"
data "CastSound" "Spell_Cast_Utility_MistyStep_L1to3"
data "VocalComponentSound" "Vocal_Component_Teleport"
data "TargetSound" "Spell_Impact_Utility_MistyStep_L1to3"
data "UseCosts" "BonusActionPoint:1"
data "SpellAnimationArcaneMagic" "dd86aa43-8189-4d9f-9a5c-454b5fe4a197(SPL_Arcane_Utility_Combat_01_Prepare);;39daf365-ec06-49a8-81f3-9032640699d7(SPL_Somatic_Target_StrikeVertical_Combat_01_Cast);5c400e93-0266-499c-a2e1-75d53358460f(SPL_Somatic_Target_StrikeVertical_Combat_01_Recover);;"
data "SpellAnimationDivineMagic" "dd86aa43-8189-4d9f-9a5c-454b5fe4a197(SPL_Arcane_Utility_Combat_01_Prepare);;39daf365-ec06-49a8-81f3-9032640699d7(SPL_Somatic_Target_StrikeVertical_Combat_01_Cast);5c400e93-0266-499c-a2e1-75d53358460f(SPL_Somatic_Target_StrikeVertical_Combat_01_Recover);;"
data "SpellAnimationNoneMagic" "dd86aa43-8189-4d9f-9a5c-454b5fe4a197(SPL_Arcane_Utility_Combat_01_Prepare);;39daf365-ec06-49a8-81f3-9032640699d7(SPL_Somatic_Target_StrikeVertical_Combat_01_Cast);5c400e93-0266-499c-a2e1-75d53358460f(SPL_Somatic_Target_StrikeVertical_Combat_01_Recover);;"
data "VerbalIntent" "Utility"
data "SpellFlags" "HasVerbalComponent;IsSpell;CannotTargetItems;CannotTargetCharacter;HasHighGroundRangeExtension;RangeIgnoreVerticalThreshold"
data "MemoryCost" "1"
data "LineOfSightFlags" "AddSourceHeight"

I never obtained the night walker boots, I hope this is the entry. It's from Gustav_Data.

Edit: The modding section is in the Larian Studio discord under bg3-modding.

jhl1989
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by jhl1989 »

Spoiler
Pillbug wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:49 pm
I've seen a lot of great work being done here in terms of Zanzer's BG 3 Table itself and exploring the possibilities for editing the game files more generally. It's exciting to see what's been discovered already and I look forward to what's yet to come.

There are two things I'm hoping to accomplish, and I'd appreciate it if anyone here could help me or point me in the right direction.

First, as far as item editing goes, does anyone know how one weapon's model can be swapped for another one? I'd like to replace the Loviatar priest's ritual axe model for the meat cleaver model. So far I've found the axe's entry in Gustav's weapon.txt file ("GOB_PainPriest_Handaxe") and tried changing its Using "WPN_Handaxe" to "WPN_MeatCleaver"), which didn't work. I've also tried replacing part of the ritual axe's entry in _merged.lsf in Shared/RootTemplates ("GOB_PainPriest_Dagger item") with the meat cleaver's equivalent; this didn't work either.

Second, has any work been done as far as swapping spell visual effects is concerned? If possible, I'd like to replace the current effect for the Armor of Shadows invocation (the blue/gold glow over the character using it) with the effect for Blessing of the Trickster, but I'm not really sure what would need to be done there.
Swapping weapon models sounds too over complicated for what you want to do. Why not swap the items passives with each other?
Last edited by jhl1989 on Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Acleacius
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Acleacius »

Thanks for the reply Helios2216, maybe I'm using an older version of the Gustav_Data because I don't see that entry in my Spell_Target.txt. Unless Target_Spell.txt is a different file, I haven't found yet. I looked for something exactly like that but it's just completely missing from my file. I'm considering copy&pasting it. ;)

I didn't even think DIscord, duh. I just lurked in the forums looking for a modding section.

Thanks

Psycrow
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Psycrow »

wurmwood wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:37 am
Is there a way to open the game in developer mode or debug mode? I found these commands in one of the files:

IF
TextEvent("wp")
THEN

IF
TextEvent("wpunlock")
THEN

IF
TextEvent("wpmenu")
THEN

PROC
PROC_Debug_UnlockAllWP()
AND
DB_WaypointInfo(_,_Trigger,_WaypointID)
THEN
PROC_UnlockWaypointForAll(_WaypointID);

PROC
PROC_Debug_OpenWaypointUI()
AND
GetHostCharacter(_Player)
THEN
PROC_OpenWaypointUI(_Player,"",NULL_00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000);
//END_REGION
EXITSECTION

ENDEXITSECTION
ParentTargetEdge "__Start"
I would definitely like to know if anyone has found a way to get to the out-of-bounds areas (aside from the one you take the boat to at the end of early access and aren't supposed to get to yet, which is on the same map and I've already teleported to). If someone finds a way let me know. Unlocking waypoints might be one option, but in any case it definitely requires changing maps all together, just like when the tutorial (ship) area changes your map to the area where the rest of early access takes place.

Speaking of maps, or minimaps at least, I found a bunch for all kinds of areas (including the already-available ones) by digging through the files. (They are not all to scale of each other, resized some to fit in the pics) Image Image

jhl1989
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by jhl1989 »

Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Trying to change the distance at which your companions run with you?

The distance they walk with you feels too far away. Would basically like they’d move the second you move but until I find the file I need I wont be able to edit. Any and all tips is highly appreciated.

EDIT:I think I may have found it in Data.txt. Currently testing it to see if it actually works

Update:
You want to go to the Data.txt and edit the line “FollowDistance”, “70”

Funnily enough you need to raise that number to 100 or more if you want your characters to move when you move. Setting it a lower number seems to do the opposite. 100 still felt too unreactive to my movements of the companions so trying 135 atm but as all things change it your preference.

Additionally, you can set the distance at which characters will start moving when you’re crouched. I set it to “0” because I dont see why my other characters need to move when Im trying to stealth

UPDATE 2:
Seems like anything after 100 feels the same. Currently tried 300 and companions still lag behind too far away for my taste. Now I’m at a loss as to what I need to do to make them run with me the second I click my right mouse button
Last edited by jhl1989 on Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wizard
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Wizard »

Great table, thanks a lot for all the work. I am wondering whether we can get more than 1 feat at lvl 4. I will be great to get more feats.

tekknen
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by tekknen »

trying to add second hair style option but could not find a way to do it, i did add horns for human. i hope someone would figure how to add second hair style and share it

antema
Cheater
Cheater

Post by antema »

So. To clarify.

Is there a way to add things like armor/weapon proficiency or Darkvision to races or classes? So as they'd have them when starting a new game?

As I understood, and tried myself, adding these things to the progression file doesn't work.

TMPCht
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by TMPCht »

It works just fine, though I did repack the files back into the pak file afterwards. It is not retroactive however. If you add it to a class level, it won't show up unless you haven't reached that level yet...