Need some help making my first Cheat Table: Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
DogThor
Noobzor
Noobzor

Need some help making my first Cheat Table: Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Post by DogThor »

Hey all,

since there is no cheat table for this game I thought it would be a good exercize for me to learn how to do it myself.
I have read the wiki and watched a few tutorials on youtube, but I have already some roadblocks ahead of me and I do not know how to circumvent them.
I hope with your help I can make a functional cheat table by the end of the month :)

As I understand it, to find the right pointer for example the currency you need a adress first.

So I tried finding the correct adress for the currency in the game by putting in the current amount then scan it and scanning it again after I increased the value. After Ive done this a few times I got 4 results. If I change all of them and switch back to my game the currency stays the same and the values in Cheat Engine reverted all back again. I also checkt the box [Active] and changed the value but then they kept switching back and forth.
Ive read somewhere that in such a case you have to reverse engineer it. But I frankly do not know how to do it.

So how do I proceed with that? How do you start your projects?

asthebloody
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Need some help making my first Cheat Table: Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Post by asthebloody »

DogThor wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:56 am
[Link]

DogThor
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by DogThor »

asthebloody wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:02 pm
DogThor wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:56 am
[Link]
Yeah, I know that there is the information I need but I since I do not know what to look for specifically I would have appreciated a more helpful answer.
For example where to look specifically. Which section in the wiki would help me the most in my situation and so on. But thanks for the reply anyways :)

silver001
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by silver001 »

Going through the tutorial that comes with Cheat Engine ( Help - Cheat Engine Tutorial ) will teach you a lot.
It's a great starting point and it doesn't take a long time.

From there you can find a ton of videos on Youtube. Just search for what you need help with. The tutorial will explain the terms.
So far, I've learned from the videos of Sn34kyMofo, Cheat the Game, Byte Ninja and others .