Changing AOB EXE Target

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
Shadow_Wulfe
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Changing AOB EXE Target

Post by Shadow_Wulfe »

Being quite the amateur at this, I have run into a bit of a problem.

Csimbi created an excellent table for Heroes 3 HD with Horn of the Abyss expansion, however, it does not work with Heroes 3 HD. I had been told simply changing the title of the exe in the AOB would fix the problem, however, changing the script and replacing "h3hota HD.exe" with "Heroes3HD.exe" simply creates error messages and makes the script nonfunctional.

How is it possible to change the title of the Exe in a AOB without disrupting the line spacing (which I assume is the problem)?

Chucky
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Changing AOB EXE Target

Post by Chucky »

Shadow_Wulfe wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:00 am
Being quite the amateur at this, I have run into a bit of a problem.

Csimbi created an excellent table for Heroes 3 HD with Horn of the Abyss expansion, however, it does not work with Heroes 3 HD. I had been told simply changing the title of the exe in the AOB would fix the problem, however, changing the script and replacing "h3hota HD.exe" with "Heroes3HD.exe" simply creates error messages and makes the script nonfunctional.

How is it possible to change the title of the Exe in a AOB without disrupting the line spacing (which I assume is the problem)?
Change 'aobscanmodule' to 'aobscan' and delete exe name

Edit:
This step will slowdown scan speed.

[Link]

Shadow_Wulfe
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shadow_Wulfe »

Thanks for the suggestion!

Changing:
aobscanmodule(aobPlayerGrabber,h3hota HD.exe,8A 81 ?? ?? 00 00 84 C0 74 ?? B0 01)
aobscanmodule(aobHeroMovePtsOffset,h3hota HD.exe,89 47 ?? 89 47 ?? A1 ?? ?? ?? ?? 46)
aobscanmodule(aobHeroPtrMath,h3hota HD.exe,A1 ?? ?? ?? ?? 8B 48 ?? 83 F9 ?? 0F 84 ?? ?? 00 00 8B C1 C1 E0 ?? 03 C1 8B 0D ?? ?? ?? ?? 8D 04 C0 8D 9C 41 ?? ?? ?? ?? 85)
aobscanmodule(aobStackLossCalc,h3hota HD.exe,8B 9E ?? ?? 00 00 03 C8 8B C1 99 F7 FB)
aobscanmodule(aobStackSideOffset,h3hota HD.exe,8B 86 ?? ?? 00 00 3B C1 0F 84 ?? ?? 00 00 8B 46)
aobscanmodule(aobHasBuiltThisTurn,h3hota HD.exe,8A 51 ?? 84 D2 74 ?? 40)
To:
aobscan(aobPlayerGrabber,8A 81 ?? ?? 00 00 84 C0 74 ?? B0 01)
aobscan(aobHeroMovePtsOffset,89 47 ?? 89 47 ?? A1 ?? ?? ?? ?? 46)
aobscan(aobHeroPtrMath,A1 ?? ?? ?? ?? 8B 48 ?? 83 F9 ?? 0F 84 ?? ?? 00 00 8B C1 C1 E0 ?? 03 C1 8B 0D ?? ?? ?? ?? 8D 04 C0 8D 9C 41 ?? ?? ?? ?? 85)
aobscan(aobStackLossCalc,8B 9E ?? ?? 00 00 03 C8 8B C1 99 F7 FB)
aobscan(aobStackSideOffset,8B 86 ?? ?? 00 00 3B C1 0F 84 ?? ?? 00 00 8B 46)
aobscan(aobHasBuiltThisTurn,8A 51 ?? 84 D2 74 ?? 40)

Unfortunately still generates an error. Activating the script seems to work for a second, then it closes itself out.

Chucky
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Chucky »

Try to delete autoattach --> Ctrl+Alt+L or ask Csimbi for update.
BR

Shadow_Wulfe
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shadow_Wulfe »

Thanks again! Deleting autoattach did also not do the trick. I am only insistent on this one because another user said that they simply "changing the process name on the AOB".

It seemed like a simple modification but that has not seemed to be the case.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Guys.. The reason you see "h3hota HD.exe" is because Csimbi worked with a CERTAIN EXECUTABLE. Just cuz you'd think it's the "same game" doesn't make it the "same executable". Obviously the name's different (h3hota HD.exe vs. Heroes3HD.exe), even though "it's the same game, but with an expansion". Also think that the binary might be different in its entirety and even if you do change the exe name, the aobs will still not be found (some, most). The fix for that is requesting an update.

Shadow_Wulfe
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shadow_Wulfe »

Which makes sense, but in the thread by Csimbi, user Soulless states: I've gotten it to work just by changing the proccess name on the aob to Heroes3.exe, how are you opening your game? i'm opening mine through the hd 5.0 RC95 Launcher.

Hence the wild goose chase to find out exactly what he means by simply changing the process name and making everything magically work.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Like people here have mentioned, just change your PHYSICAL executable name. Simple as that. No need to change any script data. Go to game folder, click on the .exe, F2, then name it as you see it in the script (e.g.: h3hota HD.exe). If you don't know how to make extensions show up, use this guide: [Link] (Folder Options > "Hide extensions for known file types" unchecked).

Shadow_Wulfe
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shadow_Wulfe »

Unfortunately, changing the EXE name does not seem to do the trick. Either the game or the launcher still manages to change it to Heroes3.exe, making it incompatible with the AOB.

I am really not sure how that user managed to fix it so easily, but I had already requested an update from Csimbi. I was simply hoping that there really was some easy fix with regards to the AOB, which there does not seem to be.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

^ Then you are changing the wrong .exe :) A manager will never rename files; at most, it will state it can't find a file. Check again, am sure it's a different exe in a bin folder or something (just do an F3 search for it).

Shadow_Wulfe
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shadow_Wulfe »

As an update you were 100% right that there was another exe in a different folder that seemed to be the real target. I changed that to H3HOTA HD.exe and the table worked perfectly, the only problem was the exe was somehow conditioned to run as Horn of the Abyss making it not possible to start a new game under Heroes 3, but loading games worked.

I am not clear if the poster mentioned previously miraculously managed to make everything work with no issues, but I think the best solution is to just figure out an update.

Thanks again for all of the advice.