How to find address for Riddler's Trophies in Batman games?

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
Scaredcat
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

How to find address for Riddler's Trophies in Batman games?

Post by Scaredcat »

Has anyone been able to figure out how to find the address for Riddler's Trophies in the Batman games? currently working on Arkham City. I found like 4-5 addresses by doing exact value scans in 4 bytes that i'm sure were for the trophies because i tested it. But changing it, DOES NOT change the trophy amount in game. so it is not a display value either. So I'm guessing the value is encrypted?

Anyone been able to find anything about that? I made a similar cheat for the GTA games by giving the player all 100 Hidden packages by finding out its address then find what accesses (triggers when you go to menu to your stats where it says how many Hidden packages you've collected so far).

But I don't think Riddler's Trophies in Batman games are like Hidden packages from GTA...what do you think?

Dread_Pony_Roberts
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: How to find address for Riddler's Trophies in Batman games?

Post by Dread_Pony_Roberts »

It could be in 2 bytes or 1 byte, could even be weird and be a float value. You could scan for them individually, or go for an all scan of unknown initial value and mark changed only when you pick up a trophy and unchanged all other times. This will take longer, but it's more thorough.

Scaredcat
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Scaredcat »

Yes I tried changed/unchanged on many types of scans, but did not find anything. i was told that each trophy has an individual address of its own so it might be impossible to find it.

KraftCrafterMcCrafty
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by KraftCrafterMcCrafty »

The values for trophies isn't as much encrypted as constantly double checked. When a trophy is picked up, it becomes flagged and the address constantly is reinforced by these flags. I believe there to be a master flag, but I don't think it is a solitary value.

Scaredcat
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Scaredcat »

KraftCrafterMcCrafty wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:13 pm
The values for trophies isn't as much encrypted as constantly double checked. When a trophy is picked up, it becomes flagged and the address constantly is reinforced by these flags. I believe there to be a master flag, but I don't think it is a solitary value.
hmm interesting. so we can find this master flag by doing changed/unchanged with a 1 byte scan type? how would you proceed with this

KraftCrafterMcCrafty
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by KraftCrafterMcCrafty »

No idea. But that was how it was in Arkham City. I never could find a static address for trophies there due to something reinforcing values.

Scaredcat
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Scaredcat »

I will try looking for a flag this time, the next time i hop on the game. and let you know if i find anything interesting