Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
xtoilet
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Marvel's Avengers

Post by xtoilet »

Sevael wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:48 pm
For anyone getting zero for Debug #1 and Debug #2, try this.

Load into Campaign or Avengers Initiative from the main menu and you should be walking around in one of the hubs. At this point, do not do anything else. Do not interact with any terminals, do not switch characters, etc. You should just be walking around in the hub using whatever character you were using when you last played the game.

Next, open Cheat Engine and select the process as usual (you don't need to open any table), then scan for a 2-byte exact value looking for the following number, based on which character you are currently controlling:

455 = Ms. Marvel
493 = Hulk
496 = Iron Man
388 = Black Widow
671 = Captain America
748 = Thor

You should end up with many results.

Now switch to a different character at the Hero Terminal, then scan for the number for this character. If you still have many results, switch characters again and repeat the process until you have less than 10 results. Ideally, there should only be two results and the addresses should begin with the number 2. If you're getting no results, then we may have a larger issue here...

If you get down to less than 10 results, copy down the addresses. Now exit the game completely. Boot the game back up, repeat the process and see which addresses you end up with this time. Hopefully you will have just two addresses, both beginning with the number 2, and both should be the same addresses every time you load up the game. Post your results here.
i can edit with the debug mode CT.. not avengers CT or Alt CT...
i dont have much concern on gear i just interest on the minor artifacts. if you can do one for the debug mode.. will be much appreciate..

the avengers .CT i not able to enable.. it just hang like few sec and nothing happen..

Chaos5061
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Chaos5061 »

Sevael wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:48 pm
For anyone getting zero for Debug #1 and Debug #2, try this.

Load into Campaign or Avengers Initiative from the main menu and you should be walking around in one of the hubs. At this point, do not do anything else. Do not interact with any terminals, do not switch characters, etc. You should just be walking around in the hub using whatever character you were using when you last played the game.

Next, open Cheat Engine and select the process as usual (you don't need to open any table), then scan for a 2-byte exact value looking for the following number, based on which character you are currently controlling:

455 = Ms. Marvel
493 = Hulk
496 = Iron Man
388 = Black Widow
671 = Captain America
748 = Thor

You should end up with many results.

Now switch to a different character at the Hero Terminal, then scan for the number for this character. If you still have many results, switch characters again and repeat the process until you have less than 10 results. Ideally, there should only be two results and the addresses should begin with the number 2. If you're getting no results, then we may have a larger issue here...

If you get down to less than 10 results, copy down the addresses. Now exit the game completely. Boot the game back up, repeat the process and see which addresses you end up with this time. Hopefully you will have just two addresses, both beginning with the number 2, and both should be the same addresses every time you load up the game. Post your results here.
Steam
Newest version
Avenger's Initiative
Have the Debug 1 & 2 at 0
Started with Thor 748
Switched to Black Widow 388
Results came back with nothing.

EDIT: Tried campaign and same results. Started with Black Widow and Switched back to Thor and no results.

gunbalde60
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by gunbalde60 »

Sevael wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:22 am
For anyone who can't enable the new table, I need some information from you. Please download the attached debug table. Load into either Campaign or Avengers Initiative from the main menu, open the table and select the process as usual, then make sure your melee gear appears with its correct stats. This just uses a pointer like the original version of the table.

Once you have that working, post here with the following information:
  1. Which version of the game are you playing? Steam, cracked, other?
  2. Are you running the most current version of the game?
  3. Which character are you using the table with right now?
  4. The value for the four Debug entries
I'm off to sleep now. I will look at your results tomorrow and see if I can fix anything.
Steam
Version 12.11
Campaign
Have the Debug 1 & 2 at 0
Started with Thor 748
Switched to Iron Man 496
No Results

I restarted with Iron Man and Switched to Hulk still no results.

blackrobinhood
Cheater
Cheater

Post by blackrobinhood »

I am getting 0 results after changing the character for the 1st time

flv897
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by flv897 »

First, Thank You for your tables and work :)
the first table made some days ago works like a charm (campaign and avenger initiative).
People just need to press start and reload last checkpoint when changing character.
Why the struggle making a script to skip the checkpoint reload part ? is this script suppose to do something else than just skipping the reload checkpoint part ?

bishop1985
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by bishop1985 »

same here,got 0 results after swith character

Hulkbuster
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Hulkbuster »

Does anyone knows how to add patterns? rare, epic and legendary

Sevael
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Sevael »

flv897 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:44 pm
the first table made some days ago works like a charm (campaign and avenger initiative).
People just need to press start and reload last checkpoint when changing character.
Why the struggle making a script to skip the checkpoint reload part ? is this script suppose to do something else than just skipping the reload checkpoint part ?
Because reloading takes a while, even on a very fast PC. Simply clicking one box to instantly refresh the entire table is definitely preferable.

It also would make the table survive through future game updates, in most cases. The pointer version works for more people (still not everyone though) and will completely break every time the game is updated. It just came out less than two weeks ago and has already had several updates. Using the AOB version would make it so that most updates wouldn't change anything and it would continue to work.

Sevael
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Sevael »

It seems that the game also dynamically assigns unique IDs to each character for each individual player. How bizarre. Unfortunately, knowing the individual character IDs is vital to making the AOB scan work. I am still looking deeper into it, but for now we will have to keep using the pointer version.

As a result, I have updated the pointer version and attached it here. I have made some back-end changes to it so that it will hopefully be easier for me to fix after game updates.

Since this is the pointer version, you will have to drop out to the main menu and load back into the game to refresh the table. The table needs to be refreshed any time the game loads; switching characters, loading into the HARM room, loading missions, changing hubs, etc. It's a pain, but it's the best we can do for now.

EDIT:
If anyone wants to contribute some time towards possibly making the AOB version work universally, you can follow the instructions in the spoiler tag below and report back here with the results.
Spoiler
Once in the game, do a 2-byte scan for an "unknown initial value". Walk around, go in and out of menus, load into other zones/missions, and keep going back into CE and updating the scan with "unchanged value" every time you do something. Then switch to a different character and set the next scan as "changed value" since you changed the character. Then repeat the process of doing "unchanged value" scans while loading in and out of stuff. Then switch to a third character and repeat.

Remember to only use "changed value" on the first scan after changing characters. Every scan after that should be "unchanged value" until you change characters again.

Eventually you will (hopefully) reduce the results down to a handful and you may notice the same value in most of them. This should be your current character's unique ID. Take note of that ID and switch to the other characters and grab their IDs as well. Then post them here.

With any luck, you may also find that you have two addresses beginning with the number 2 that contain your current character ID, and these two addresses will be static, even after completely restarting the game. If you find these, post them as well.
Attachments
Avengers - pointer.CT
(159.85 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Last edited by Sevael on Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xtoilet
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by xtoilet »

Sevael wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:10 pm
It seems that the game also dynamically assigns unique IDs to each character for each individual player. How bizarre. Unfortunately, knowing the individual character IDs is vital to making the AOB scan work. I am still looking deeper into it, but for now we will have to keep using the pointer version.

As a result, I have updated the pointer version and attached it here. I have made some back-end changes to it so that it will hopefully be easier for me to fix after game updates.

Since this is the pointer version, you will have to drop out to the main menu and load back into the game to refresh the table. The table needs to be refreshed any time the game loads; switching characters, loading into the HARM room, loading missions, changing hubs, etc. It's a pain, but it's the best we can do for now.
still not working for me pointer CT.... no idea what happen.. debug mode only works on iron man. and on 1st gear..

pointer try with all char .. load back to main and go back campaign .. reload checkpoint ..

gunbalde60
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by gunbalde60 »

Sevael wrote:

EDIT:
If anyone wants to contribute some time towards possibly making the AOB version work universally, you can do the following and report back here with the results. I used a spoiler tag to keep this post short. There aren't any actually spoilers in there.
Spoiler
Once in the game, do a 2-byte scan for an "unknown initial value". Walk around, go in and out of menus, load into other zones/missions, and keep going back into CE and updating the scan with "unchanged value" every time you do something. Then switch to a different character and set the next scan as "changed value" since you changed the character. Then repeat the process of doing "unchanged value" scans while loading in and out of stuff. Then switch to a third character and repeat.

Remember to only use "changed value" on the first scan after changing characters. Every scan after that should be "unchanged value" until you change characters again.

Eventually you will (hopefully) reduce the results down to a handful and you may notice the same value in most of them. This should be your current character's unique ID. Take note of that ID and switch to the other characters and grab their IDs as well. Then post them here.

With any luck, you may also find that you have two addresses beginning with the number 2 that contain your current character ID, and these two addresses will be static, even after completely restarting the game. If you find these, post them as well.
I would contribute if I knew how, but sadly the only thing I know to do in CE is basic 4 byte stuff. But let me talk to some of the table makers see if we can get some help.

Sevael
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Sevael »

xtoilet wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:22 pm
still not working for me pointer CT.... no idea what happen.. debug mode only works on iron man. and on 1st gear..

pointer try with all char .. load back to main and go back campaign .. reload checkpoint ..
Unfortunately, that is a limitation of using pointers – it won't work for everyone.

There really isn't much that can be done unless you want to do some pointer scans and figure out a stable pointer that works for you. Then I can tell you how to edit the table to use your pointer instead.

Pointer scanning is an involved process, too much to explain here. There are text and YouTube tutorials all over if you feel like trying it yourself.

gunbalde60 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:27 pm
I would contribute if I knew how, but sadly the only thing I know to do in CE is basic 4 byte stuff. But let me talk to some of the table makers see if we can get some help.
That would be very much appreciated!

qwert1225
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by qwert1225 »

Sevael wrote:

EDIT:
If anyone wants to contribute some time towards possibly making the AOB version work universally, you can follow the instructions in the spoiler tag below and report back here with the results.
Spoiler

Hey this works great for me. I get the option to update the brand and slots for the perks. Thank you!

gunbalde60
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by gunbalde60 »

qwert1225 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:13 pm
Sevael wrote:

EDIT:
Spoiler

Hey this works great for me. I get the option to update the brand and slots for the perks. Thank you!
That should work for everybody, but it's not AOB, so it will break once the game updates.

bishop1985
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by bishop1985 »

it's work ,thx :)