[Link]

DPockets
Cheater
Cheater

Re: Marvel's Avengers

Post by DPockets »

Sevael wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:27 am
Based on info from this thread and some messing around, I have compiled a pointer table for gear stats. It edits the currently-equipped item in each slot and works for all heroes.

I am an amateur at Cheat Engine, so I am not taking requests for additional features.

WARNING: As mentioned in this thread, be careful about the changes you make because you can potentially damage your save file. It is strongly recommended to make a backup first.

Note 1: This table uses pointers so it may not work for everyone and it will likely become useless as soon as the next game update is out. If anybody wants to re-work this into an AOB table, please do so. Likewise, if anybody wants to make any changes to the table or use parts of it for their own works, go right ahead.

Note 2: There are some oddities with the minor artifact perks. I cannot seem to get the game to recognize adding perks, even though it looks like the correct addresses are used. It works for all other gear, just not the minor artifacts.
guessing there was an update as the table doesn't work for me

mattdeckard
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by mattdeckard »

That's strange DPockets because it worked for me. I did it offline, and before i loaded the game up around 2 hours ago.

In fact I registered to share my thanks with those who are making good progress on this, particularly @Sevael for creating the table. It's hugely appreciated.

From what others have suggested, much of the 'legendary' / gold gear, and certain 'named' epics, have locked stats and certain perks (usually the first). The dev has mentioned bringing in anti-cheat tech at some point (when they've fixed everything else i hope!), so it might be something others want to keep in mind in terms of how far they go.

As an Iron Man main focussing mainly on Rockets, Crit and Signature attacks (with enough HP to survive a hit or two on Brutal Hives), I feel his legendary itemization sucks! Streamers like SOLIDFPS have been putting in a lot of grind-work to figure out optimised gearing. where to farm etc. and it certainly seems like legendary items are not where to go and, for IM at least, he feels mostly dependent on randomly generated epic loot for this kind of build (i.e. non-hybrid)

In that respect, i've been crafting some realistic epic items to off-set the fact that dice rolls have to be near-perfect to get a decent piece of gear for a ranged / rocket IM build (3x Stats, 3x Perks), on the basis that it would (hopefully) beat any future cheat-tracking system as, in theory, all of these items are plausible. I also used 'base' items which were not named epics as an additional precaution.

I didn't have a single issue with crashing etc. whilst doing this, because i was trying to keep within the lanes of what seemed to be realistic.
Is anyone else giving thought to this kind of approach?

Sevael
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Sevael »

mattdeckard wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:10 pm
I am.

I've been trying to keep my modified items all within the range of what can roll naturally. I don't know how particular any future anti-cheat will be, so I would like to keep it as legit as possible to reduce the likelihood of being banned from online play. I have a number of friends who play this game. I know that some people don't care about online play, but I would like to be able to continue to play with my friends in the future.

As I look at the items I've received, as well as those who have power level 140 items in YouTube videos, it appears that the maximum total stat points on a single piece of gear is around 130 for three-stat items and around 110 for two-stat items. For obvious reasons, using three-stat items is ideal.

I have seen individual stats for three-stat items go as high as 45 . Theoretically, a "god roll" three-stat item would be three 45s, resulting in a total of 135 stat points. But I try to keep it under 130. The highest legit item I have seen had a total of 126 points.

I have yet to see any yellow item roll with any type of pre-determined or locked stats/perks. I have had two yellows roll with the same perks but different stats, and I know from testing that when you change the perks, the name of the item automatically changes to reflect that. I have noticed, however, that certain perks only tend to roll in certain perk slots on an item. For instance, on a three-perk item, the "elemental" perk (shock, gamma, Pym, etc) always seems to be the middle one. For two-perk items, it tends to be the second one, except in the case of minor artifacts where it tends to be the first one.

Again, I have no idea how detailed any future anti-cheat implementations may be, but I do what I can to keep things looking as legit as possible just to be safe.

tonnyse
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by tonnyse »

mattdeckard wrote:
I'm just trying to enjoy the game as much as possible before I drop it, don't really care about getting banned.

If there's no way to edit gear I don't think I will still be playing anymore because it's so repetitive and not fun to play and you have to do that like 50 times to get a decent gear with right stats and perks. The best part of the game for me is the story mode, after endgame is just endless farming for nothing.

When you get stronger your enemy scale the same, it is almost the same between PL1 and PL 150 just the numbers going up and your enemy actually get much more stronger than you if you dont have the right gear.

If this game wasn't Marvels Avengers, I won't play the game even if it's F2P.

And I believe the game will be dead soon, probably after next gen console release.

Thanks to the guy who found out how to edit the stats, that one inspired me to look around the memory and was lucky enough to find out the perks value and Sevael who makes everyone lifes 10x easier and everyone who put effort into adding the value to google sheets.

mattdeckard
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by mattdeckard »

Sevael wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:48 pm
mattdeckard wrote:
I have yet to see any yellow item roll with any type of pre-determined or locked stats/perks. I have had two yellows roll with the same perks but different stats, and I know from testing that when you change the perks, the name of the item automatically changes to reflect that. I have noticed, however, that certain perks only tend to roll in certain perk slots on an item. For instance, on a three-perk item, the "elemental" perk (shock, gamma, Pym, etc) always seems to be the middle one. For two-perk items, it tends to be the second one, except in the case of minor artifacts where it tends to be the first one
Good point, i think i got confused between 'normal / random' legendary drops and the named items (Mark V, First Avenger, All-father etc.). The named sets can come in Epic or Legendary flavor and are generally more fixed, but are also more farmable as they drop from either Hives, Villains or Vaults depending on the set. The randoms can have anything. On that basis i should have chosen my 'base' items from the legendary pool, as they tend to have higher star ratings and base stats, and i'm keeping those kinds of numbers static.

Really useful stuff on the stat ranges and how 3x stats are more optimal than 2x (all things being equal). I've also been trying to keep perks in line with where i have seen them in the same slot on other items (i used the stuff in my own locker as a comparison)
tonnyse wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:02 pm
I'm just trying to enjoy the game as much as possible before I drop it, don't really care about getting banned.

If there's no way to edit gear I don't think I will still be playing anymore because it's so repetitive and not fun to play and you have to do that like 50 times to get a decent gear with right stats and perks. The best part of the game for me is the story mode, after endgame is just endless farming for nothing.
I agree with this take. I have some hope for the future of this game if more exciting content drops, but i'm not in it for the grind. I wouldn't be heartbroken if i lost everything because of gear-manipulation, but i would like to have the option of dipping into future content if they follow through. That said, the numbers aren't looking great, for pc players at least.
Last edited by mattdeckard on Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twix10
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by twix10 »

What about patterns guys ? Did you find something in the files ? Or factions xp. Would be interesting

Chaos5061
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Chaos5061 »

mattdeckard wrote:
That's strange DPockets because it worked for me. I did it offline, and before i loaded the game up around 2 hours ago.
This is why. The offline version of the game is different than the online version. The offline version doesn't have the updates applied as the online version does just like back when Borderlands 3 if you wanted to farm the loot midgets after they nerfed them. That' why the trainer in the FR app crashes the game when you try to use it in offline mode.

Grumble314
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Grumble314 »

Sevael wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:27 am
Based on info from this thread and some messing around, I have compiled a pointer table for gear stats. It edits the currently-equipped item in each slot and works for all heroes.

I am an amateur at Cheat Engine, so I am not taking requests for additional features.

WARNING: As mentioned in this thread, be careful about the changes you make because you can potentially damage your save file. It is strongly recommended to make a backup first.

Note 1: This table uses pointers so it may not work for everyone and it will likely become useless as soon as the next game update is out. If anybody wants to re-work this into an AOB table, please do so. Likewise, if anybody wants to make any changes to the table or use parts of it for their own works, go right ahead.

Note 2: There are some oddities with the minor artifact perks. I cannot seem to get the game to recognize adding perks, even though it looks like the correct addresses are used. It works for all other gear, just not the minor artifacts.
Great work on the pointers you are missing one though you need a pointer to the number of Percs if you want to add any more not just enable that slot.

blankeything
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by blankeything »

I have found a piece of ranged gear for Cap that has cosmic damage. I've added it to the spreadsheet.

NumberXer0
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by NumberXer0 »

Chaos5061 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:46 pm
mattdeckard wrote:
This is why. The offline version of the game is different than the online version. The offline version doesn't have the updates applied as the online version does just like back when Borderlands 3 if you wanted to farm the loot midgets after they nerfed them. That' why the trainer in the FR app crashes the game when you try to use it in offline mode.
Hmm, weird. The game hasn't updated since the 9th, but I've been using the table on Initiative just fine. I don't think an update broke anything.

Sevael
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Sevael »

DPockets wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:59 am
guessing there was an update as the table doesn't work for me
You have to go into Campaign. It doesn't work if you enter the game via Avengers Initiative. You don't have to disconnect your internet or anything, you just have to be in Campaign.

mattdeckard wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:23 pm
Good point, i think i got confused between 'normal / random' legendary drops and the named items (Mark V, First Avenger, All-father etc.). The named sets can come in Epic or Legendary flavor and are generally more fixed, but are also more farmable as they drop from either Hives, Villains or Vaults depending on the set.
I haven't seen any of these items yet. I've only been playing as Captain America and I had him maxed out (level 50, power level 150) since mid-campaign. Perhaps they only drop in Avengers Initiative.

Grumble314 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:59 pm
Great work on the pointers you are missing one though you need a pointer to the number of Percs if you want to add any more not just enable that slot.
The thing is, most of the time I haven't needed to do that. I have added a third perk to many items that came with only two perks just by changing the 'Slot Active' flag to 1. But occasionally I will find an item where that doesn't work.

I compared several items with two and three perks and couldn't find a reliable way to activate the third perk for those few that didn't want to work. Do you know the address offset and the values to make this work? If so, I can re-work the table.

Tinindil
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Tinindil »

Sevael wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:59 pm

I compared several items with two and three perks and couldn't find a reliable way to activate the third perk for those few that didn't want to work. Do you know the address offset and the values to make this work? If so, I can re-work the table.
I have managed to get it to work using your table and the perk pointers, but i have to manually go into the memory and edit it.

If you go to memory on the "Slot Active" in the perks, you will see within the line a 02 or 03 (depending on how many Perks the game says you have active) you can then change this value up to a max of 4, for 4 perks.

I have even used this on the set items which only come with 2 active perks and it works. i think you just need to edit what the table is doing on the 'Slot Active'

Sevael
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Sevael »

Tinindil wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:13 pm
If you go to memory on the "Slot Active" in the perks, you will see within the line a 02 or 03 (depending on how many Perks the game says you have active) you can then change this value up to a max of 4, for 4 perks.
That did it, thanks!

I have updated the table but I'm going to look into a couple other things before re-uploading it here. I'm going to adjust the 'Quality' for the perks (it's a bizarre two-byte system) and I'm hoping to find a different pointer so that it will work both in Avengers Initiative and Campaign.

It's going to take a lot of work to redo all of the addresses with a new pointer... And with my luck, they will update the game tomorrow and it'll break everything anyhow.