Help: How do you find Stealth address in MGSVPP?

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
Scaredcat
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Help: How do you find Stealth address in MGSVPP?

Post by Scaredcat »

stealth as in enemies can't see you. I can make a script once i find it but i'm just having trouble right off the bat i can't find an address for it. How exactly do you find it in this game (metal gear solid: phantom pain)? i tried increase/decrease values in float type and found a flag for something but it wasn't quite it. idk am i looking for a float value? a double? 4 byte? or a flag in byte? and when do i search for the value? do i just do unknown value search, get caught, make enemies go into alert mode, look for changed... go back and hide until alert mode is gone, look for changed again...and repeat? i mean i watched 3 tutorials by cheat the game on this on games like mafia 3, dishonoured and thief but in all those games there was a 'METER' that you search for in float type and you do increase/decrease searches as it increases or decreases. but i haven't seen anything like that in mgsvpp... it doesn't have a meter like that... at least i don't think so? please correct me if i'm wrong, any help is appreciated.

I do increase/decrease or changed/unchanged but there's lots of results and trying to find them by elimination crashes the game i obviously fiddled with the wrong address. maybe someone here has found stealth on mgsvpp before, and knows the exact offset its at (in dissect data structure)? is it in the player base address? enemy base address?

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Help: How do you find Stealth address in MGSVPP?

Post by Paul44 »

A quick search:
a. on FRF, #ShyTwig16 posted a very (...) extensive table. One of the (sidetrack) options is named 'SuperCamo'; no idea if that will do the trick though...
b. on GCW: latest #fearlessrevolution trainer has that option. If they found/use the 'invisible/stealth' flag, then you could go for 0/1 byte search... (if there is such a flag in the 1st place :dry: )

Scaredcat
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Scaredcat »

yes i tried out Tim's super camo, it's not a flag value and also it's not true stealth (alerts can still be triggered if you walk too close to enemy) but it DOES WORK BETTER for Boss Fights. i also found another cheat table by someone else on a different forum: (Edit: hmm sorry for some reason it's not letting me post the link here. But basically the guy who made it, his name is "filipexxxx" on "this other forum" that i can't name here so you can search for his cheat yourself if you want or PM me about it)

if anyone wants to have a look at that, this one is more like true stealth (it makes it so alerts cannot be triggered by enemy soldiers) but this doesn't help during boss fights. So you can activate both cheats together if you want. So anyway i looked into the table by filipexxxx and learned how he found that instruction with the help of a friend. in this cheat table what he did was he found the address for the "Chicken hat" (its an item you can use if u die by enemy 3 times and once u put it on and the enemy sees u, he starts laughing therefore, it doesn't trigger an alert, BUT it only has 3 uses.

Anyway so how he found it was there is a timer for it (float value). When the chicken hat is activated the timer goes to around like 11 in float value and starts counting down. Once the timer reaches 0, the enemy is able to detect you again. so you can just manipulate that timer value in a script, make it always be 10 or something so the timer is frozen. You can do that and it will make it so alerts can't be triggered. Alternatively, you can also right click this instruction, go to select current function, put the instruction where it takes you (the top) put a return on it and that will also activate true stealth. I THINK this is what fearlessrevolution did in his trainer, I THINK. (But again, this does not help during boss fights. For boss fights you need to use Tim's method).

Cheat the game also made a stealth hack the same way Tim did. To explain how it works, basically we are looking for a float value again. the key word is "Camo". In metal gear games, idk if you ever played Metal gear solid 3, but there used to be a percentage in the hud that would show u how much your camo was effective. if it was 100% camo it would mean the enemy cannot see you and you are camouflaged pretty good. so you can use this idea to find "super camo" in metal gear solid V phantom pain. basically when this float value is at 0 it means the enemy can see you clearly (this usually happens when you're just standing in broad daylight) you are not camouflaged at all. if you find some grass and crouch in it your camo value goes up to say like 150. if you go prone in the grass it goes up to around 300. If you activate the "stealth camo device" (which makes you go invisible), and go prone in the grass, your camo value goes up even higher to around 600. so that's how you would find that value for stealth and you can make a script, set the value always equal to 1000 or 2000 (it doesn't matter how high you set it, it doesn't make you any more camouflaged...i think around 800 or 850 float value is the cap, not sure but that was the highest i saw it go. making the script write 10,000 float to it will do the same thing that 2000 float would do i believe.

Well this is all i found, i hope this helps someone who is trying to do the same thing as me.
Last edited by Scaredcat on Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Paul44 »

^ thx for the feedback; I'm sure somebody will appreciate it.

And fyi: [ ]. By no means, it tells you there is a flag out there, but one never knows... Also did a quick search on God, but no cigar. Could also be Jesus (or your God knows what 8-)); I was not going through that long reference list just to find out...
And to answer your next question: download/install [x64dbg], enable all flags in Preferences, then load up your game exe... (it will stop at some point)
For the next steps, check out this doc: [ viewtopic.php?p=50017#p50017 ] (section A.3.2 ~ but instead of choosing 'Pattern' you'll select 'String references'). The game is not installed on my PC; just using a cracked exe I could download from somewhere...

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

@Paul44: I believe he's at the level of scanning values and using pointers. Further talking with him about debugging and reverse engineering will most likely end-up in a dead topic.

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Paul44 »

^That's ok. it only took me a couple of minutes to write this up. And not planning to work on this game (anymore) anyways; plenty (!) has been done on the subject already. and he probably moved on by now... no probs.