CE not finding the value on a game

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
Lucas20201
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

CE not finding the value on a game

Post by Lucas20201 »

Idk but the game don't have any file for how the game works, only a .zip with scripts for each level, vehicles, price, etc, this is why it can't find the value? Image

aSwedishMagyar
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: CE not finding the value on a game

Post by aSwedishMagyar »

What are you even trying to find? You don't mention the game either so maybe try adding that info.

zachillios
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by zachillios »

You very clearly need to go do the Cheat Engine tutorial. A game's files have little to do with its ram. You need to learn the fundamentals on how to find what you're looking for, which the tutorial helps with a lot

GreenHouse
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by GreenHouse »

zachillios wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:55 pm
You very clearly need to go do the Cheat Engine tutorial. A game's files have little to do with its ram. You need to learn the fundamentals on how to find what you're looking for, which the tutorial helps with a lot
There sure are games that no matter what you do, you won't find any value just by searching. I've seen many games where you had to edit the .json files included, to be able to cheat. As an example, you have Game Dev Tycoon. I'm not saying it is in this case, but it's not far-fetched.

zachillios
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by zachillios »

GreenHouse wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:25 pm
zachillios wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:55 pm
There sure are games that no matter what you do, you won't find any value just by searching. I've seen many games where you had to edit the .json files included, to be able to cheat. As an example, you have Game Dev Tycoon. I'm not saying it is in this case, but it's not far-fetched.
Doubtful. No disrespect intended but OP has made a couple threads regarding entry level cheat engine questions such as AOB, how to search for stuff, etc. Hence why I recommended the tutorial.

GreenHouse
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by GreenHouse »

zachillios wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:00 pm
Doubtful. No disrespect intended but OP has made a couple threads regarding entry level cheat engine questions such as AOB, how to search for stuff, etc. Hence why I recommended the tutorial.
I agree. I was just pointing out that as far as I know(as I've seen it multiple times) that it is possible to handle values through files directly. But I do agree that just seeing his posts, it would make sense that he just couldn't find normal values :lol: