(Halo 3) Halo: The Master Chief Collection +70 [Update 21]

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
PureReality
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: (Halo 3) Halo: The Master Chief Collection +41

Post by PureReality »

IFireflyl wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:27 pm
Just a heads up: I got a fatal error about halfway through the second mission on the Legendary (not LASO) playlist of Halo 3 with the following skulls enabled:
  • Max Health/Shields
  • Damage Multiplier (can edit here)
  • Rapid Fire/Lock Ammo
  • Max Grenades
  • Compact Mode (I doubt this would be the culprit, but I figured I would list it anyway)
Also, I am pretty confident that the Damage Multiplier affects enemies as well, and if I set this to something high (like 10.0) I get one-hit killed by grenades, brute shot, etcetera. Even at 5.0 I will sometimes die (for example, when a Phantom shoots me).
Hope that you are having some luck on this issue dread? I think it's something to do either with

Max Health/Shields
or
Max Grenades

as those are the only two from that list that I had enabled and it still crashed halfway through the mission, had no skulls on (and I think firefly is talking about cheats and not skulls as well xD)

also yes please look into the damage multiplier, as I can confirm that issue as well.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

Dread_Pony_Roberts
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Dread_Pony_Roberts »

The next table update is nearing its late stages of development, and I will be looking further in the bug reports so I can better understand the problem, as well as give the status of the bugs that I have found and fixed in my development.
nillmand2 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:37 pm
also using the old covenant that meant to be your allies on certain missions affect the enemy covenant.. was shooting at a jackel and a brute for ages and not doing anything.
Old covenant should only effect the elites found in those missions and characters on the elite's team. If you could specify exactly which jackel and brute you noticed this problem with then I can better look into it.
justiny wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:32 am
Hey OP, the freeze marine and old covenant hp script doesn't work.

For e.g. if i snipe their heads with battle rifle, carbine, snipers.
I have fixed this and it will be released in the next update.
IFireflyl wrote:
Just a heads up: I got a fatal error about halfway through the second mission on the Legendary (not LASO) playlist of Halo 3 with the following skulls enabled:
  • Max Health/Shields
  • Damage Multiplier (can edit here)
  • Rapid Fire/Lock Ammo
  • Max Grenades
  • Compact Mode (I doubt this would be the culprit, but I figured I would list it anyway)
I have finally found a way to consistently get the fatal error, so I am currently attempting to find the exact problem that's causing it.
IFireflyl wrote:
Also, I am pretty confident that the Damage Multiplier affects enemies as well, and if I set this to something high (like 10.0) I get one-hit killed by grenades, brute shot, etcetera. Even at 5.0 I will sometimes die (for example, when a Phantom shoots me).
If you could specify what exact enemy it is effecting I would appreciate it. Also it is a multiplier so 10.0 would be 10 times the damage (thus acting as an effective one hit kill), 0.5 would be half the damage, ect.
PureReality wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:59 am
Hope that you are having some luck on this issue dread? I think it's something to do either with

Max Health/Shields
or
Max Grenades

as those are the only two from that list that I had enabled and it still crashed halfway through the mission, had no skulls on (and I think firefly is talking about cheats and not skulls as well xD)

also yes please look into the damage multiplier, as I can confirm that issue as well.
Thank you for reducing the number of scripts and situations I have to test. If you also have the damage multiplier for the player effecting enemies as well, could you please help me find the exact enemies it is effecting?

IFireflyl
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by IFireflyl »

Dread_Pony_Roberts wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:37 pm
IFireflyl wrote:
If you could specify what exact enemy it is effecting I would appreciate it. Also it is a multiplier so 10.0 would be 10 times the damage (thus acting as an effective one hit kill), 0.5 would be half the damage, ect.
Yep, I'm aware it's a multiplier. I was setting it to 10.0 so that it would, as you said, effectively act as a one hit kill. I'm not sure what exact enemy you're looking for. A brute uses a brute shot. Most enemies use grenades. Phantoms are the ships. Those things have all killed me (with Max Health/Shields enabled) when I set the damage multiplier to 10.0, and sometimes I still die when I set it to 5.0. For example: in the second mission when Phantoms come in to drop off enemies, one of the phantoms shot me while I had the damage multiplier set to 5.0, and I died even with Max Health/Shields enabled.

Dread_Pony_Roberts
Table Makers
Table Makers

IFireflyl wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:06 pm
Yep, I'm aware it's a multiplier. I was setting it to 10.0 so that it would, as you said, effectively act as a one hit kill. I'm not sure what exact enemy you're looking for. A brute uses a brute shot. Most enemies use grenades. Phantoms are the ships. Those things have all killed me (with Max Health/Shields enabled) when I set the damage multiplier to 10.0, and sometimes I still die when I set it to 5.0. For example: in the second mission when Phantoms come in to drop off enemies, one of the phantoms shot me while I had the damage multiplier set to 5.0, and I died even with Max Health/Shields enabled.
I think I might know the issue but I have to ask, which damage multiplier did you use? There are damage multipliers under each NPC team and the Player, each one effecting the damage done TO the character and not damage done BY the character. You will even find a One Hit Kill under each NPC team as well which more easily causes a one hit kill, the damage multiplier is more if you want to customize the damage taken by that team.

IFireflyl
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by IFireflyl »

I used the Damage Multiplier under Player and then under Health/Shields.

This is what I set it to:

Code: Select all

[ENABLE]
p_mod_hdamage:
db 1
p_mod_sdamage:
db 1

p_mod_hdamage_value:
dd (float)10.0  //Change this value to modify the Health Damage Multiplier

p_mod_sdamage_value:
dd (float)10.0  //Change this value to modify the Shield Damage Multiplier

[DISABLE]
p_mod_hdamage:
db 0
p_mod_sdamage:
db 0
If I did that incorrectly then I apologize for wasting your time. :D

Dread_Pony_Roberts
Table Makers
Table Makers

I've highlighted in red the script you used, and highlighted in green the scripts you want to use.

IFireflyl
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by IFireflyl »

Ah. I would have never guessed. I hate to be "that guy" here, but when you get some time (absolutely no rush) could you type up an explanation of what those scripts are for?

My cursory glance indicated that the NPC scripts were how the NPCs behaved; meaning that toggling the damage multiplier and one hit kill options in the NPC section would make those NPCs do more damage - not that I would be doing more damage against the NPCs. Sorry I misunderstood this.

Dread_Pony_Roberts
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: (Halo 3) Halo: The Master Chief Collection +62 [Update 1]

Update's out, added a whole bunch of stuff and fixed a few bugs as well.

IFireflyl wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:48 am
Ah. I would have never guessed. I hate to be "that guy" here, but when you get some time (absolutely no rush) could you type up an explanation of what those scripts are for?

My cursory glance indicated that the NPC scripts were how the NPCs behaved; meaning that toggling the damage multiplier and one hit kill options in the NPC section would make those NPCs do more damage - not that I would be doing more damage against the NPCs. Sorry I misunderstood this.
I'll see what I can do, but I do thank you for submitting a potential issue instead of making me have to guess.

Dread_Pony_Roberts
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: (Halo 3) Halo: The Master Chief Collection +64 [Update 2]

Update's out. Added Sprint and made Rapid Fire now effect the player vehicle. Also changed One Hit Kill to Easily Killed and Damage Multiplier to Receiving Damage Multiplier to prevent confusion.

IFireflyl
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by IFireflyl »

I am still getting random fatal errors. I was playing through on LASO. Here are the codes I generally have selected:
  • Player
    • Health/Shields
      • Max Health/Shields
  • Weapons
    • Rapid Fire/Lock Ammo
    • Max Grenades
  • NPCs
    • Old Covenant
      • Receiving Damage Multiplier (can edit here)
      Forerunner
      New Covenant
      Flood
  • Skulls
    • Skull Override
      • Acrophobia
When I began the LASO playlist I did not enable Rapid Fire/Lock Ammo and Max Grenades as I wondered if one of those was contributing to the fatal error. I don't believe Acrophobia was an issue either since I had received fatal error crashes before I even found that gem. My guess is that it's the Max Health/Shields, but I can't say for certain.

Dread_Pony_Roberts
Table Makers
Table Makers

IFireflyl wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:18 pm
I am still getting random fatal errors. I was playing through on LASO. Here are the codes I generally have selected:
I'll look through the code and see if I can find anything.

It would help me greatly if you know of a single spot which always results in a crash, that way I don't have to just guess.

IFireflyl
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by IFireflyl »

Dread_Pony_Roberts wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:18 pm
It would help me greatly if you know of a single spot which always results in a crash, that way I don't have to just guess.
Man, I wish it were that simple. The issue is that it's random. For example, if I encounter the fatal error I can usually (not always) reload the save and then restart the mission. Then with the same skulls active I could go through the entire mission without encountering the error. Occasionally I can't even restart the mission without getting a fatal error (such as this LASO run when I was to the part of Tsavo Highway and encountered the error in the section after Johnson says "[garbled] East of Voi.") Since I couldn't restart the mission I had to restart the playlist.

EDIT: The Ark is the level I am having the most difficulty with in regards to the fatal error.

IFireflyl
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by IFireflyl »

I got the fatal error on The Ark with only Max Health/Shields (for the player) and Old/New Covenant Receiving Damage Multiplier turned on. So it has to be one of those three options that the game doesn't like. Also, I have to completely restart the LASO playlist again as it will pop the fatal error even when I am selecting the restart mission option. The Ark really hates your table. :D

IFireflyl
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by IFireflyl »

Third update: I played through with only Max Health/Shields. It had another fatal error on The Ark that persists even whenever I try to restart the mission.

IFireflyl
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by IFireflyl »

Alright, I am pretty much 100% certain the issue is with the Health/Shield, and this can be seen on The Ark consistently. At least, on LASO it can. I'm pretty sure on any other playlist or normal campaign you might see it as well. I played through LASO until The Ark. This time I found and backed up my save file so I could restore it. Eventually it crashed with Max Health/Shield.

I then restored my backup and tried it again, but this time I just froze the Health and Shield values as 10 and 4 respectively. I again encountered the crash.

I restored my backup again, and this time instead of touching those values at all I used the Receiving Damage Multiplier and set it to 0.000000000. This time I made it through the entire mission of The Ark without a single crash, and that was with Acrophobia skull override, Easily Killed for Old Covenant, New Covenant, Forerunner, and Flood, Lock Health/Shields for Marines, and Max Grenades, Rapid Fire/Lock Ammo, No Bullet Spread, and No Recoil all enabled.

Hopefully that helps, but to anyone else encountering this issue the workaround appears to be to use the Receiving Damage Multiplier.