[REQUEST] DemonCrawl

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Jackstergal
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: [REQUEST] DemonCrawl

Post by Jackstergal »

Hi all, I tried injecting the code like you instructed but the game crashes? Maybe I'm just not doing it right...

Steam version 1.25
I go into the memory view and inject the code that's laid out in your provided God mode script where you say to inject. It might just be that it doesn't work anymore since they've updated a few times :/

The_Podstanar
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by The_Podstanar »

You can't blindly just inject like that, have CE found AOB's (can you activate GodMode for example)? If not that yes, update is the reason.
That's exactly why i left injection point info in scripts, so you guys can port if needed.

Jackstergal
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Jackstergal »

Yeah neither the God mode or the instant win are activating, so I guess the update killed this. Thanks!

Barorvir
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Barorvir »

For those who are interested, I fiddled around to improve my cheat engine skills.
I haven't put too much effort into the script (yet?), but it is usable.

This table was made with CE7.0, demoncrawl v1.40 (Steam)

The script disables 'taking damage by clicking on a monster'
By setting the boolean child to 1 and the value child to whichever value you want, you can set your health (click on a monster for it to take effect).

demoncrawl[v1.40].ct
(4.83 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Pozzy
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

[REQUEST] DemonCrawl

Post by Pozzy »

The latest update/expansion has broken this table unfortunately. Is there any chance you or someone else would mind working on an update?

I've tried messing around myself but I just can't get it to work. Really appreciate the previous table and any help with this, thank you!

aaaaa
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by aaaaa »

I've updated Barovir's cheat to the 1.49 update. Thank you Barovir for posing it. All credit to Barovir.
edit: updated to the newest 1.49
Attachments
demoncrawl1.49.CT
(4.09 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

aaaaa
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by aaaaa »

It seems these addresses change every time the game updates, maybe i'll make a quick tutorial on how to find the new address and change Barovir's script just to future proof this a little bit. at any rate I've attached a new version with updated addresses

Once again, not my script. not taking credit.
Attachments
demoncrawl1.49.CT
(4.09 KiB) Downloaded 38 times

Pozzy1
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Pozzy1 »

Thank you so much for doing that, it's really appreciated. DemonCrawl is one of my favourite games on Steam but physical disability means I can very easily mis-click and losing due to that is a little depressing. If you wouldn't mind making a tutorial then that would be stellar, but I absolutely value the time you've already put into this - it's made my week already!

aaaaa
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by aaaaa »

I'm happy that it's been useful! Accessibility is important, and since it's a small dev team, you could probably try suggesting a control scheme that would be easier for you to use. That aside, here's how you update the address for at least the "don't take damage" part of the code.
Spoiler
First off, I go into Casual to make it easier to find the values. Start a new quest, search for 5 as a value. Then I take a hit, and search for 4 (the new value.) This usually leads to less than ten values. Usually around here I repeat the damage, or even better pick up a heart and then search for the new value again.

Once you're down to two values, one of them is the correct value and one of them is the display for the on screen counter, I think.

So then we just need to figure out which is which, which is actually really easy.

Right click the address and select this option Image

If the one you selected goes up in value all crazy and hits 1000 real fast, that's the screen display value. I don't know why it needs to update that much but it does. Looks like this
Image That's the wrong value.

Try doing the same to the other value. Nothing should appear until you go back to the game and change your life value (gain or lose, doesn't matter)
Image This is the correct value.

From here we need to open the Disassembler window in the "what writes to this address" window. It will look like this.Image
This screen has all the information we need to update the cheat code script that Barovir wrote. Leave this window open and right click on the cheat and select "Change Script" There's a few pieces of this that we need to update.

Here Image
And here Image

You need to replace that information with this stuff from that window you left open.

So you can see the A3 10D38701 actually translates into line 12 of the code, which is entered as A3 10 D3 ?? ??, presumably because that's enough information for the code to hook properly. Since you're updating this code, you just need to put the first six digits in there. the 86 56 is from the next line, and hasn't changed any time I've had to update this, but it might be worth checking just in case.

Then in the opcode, you'll see demoncrawl.exe+F6D310 which needs to replace the old values on lines 44, 49, 55. your value will be different than this one, which is for the current version. But I hope this is intuitive enough. Once you click "OK" the cheat should be updated and working. Feel free to test it out before leaving your current quest and starting whatever you were intending to do from the start.
And I hope this helps! Give it a shot next time the game updates and report back if you got it right! (or didn't!) Maybe you can post your own update in here.

Pozzy1
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Pozzy1 »

Thank you so much for the tutorial, I seem to have hit a snag in either my brain or a change by the developer. I've managed to follow the whole guide through and I think I correctly edited the code (which is a minor miracle on your part as I'm completely unaccustomed to any of this) but taking damage leads to a CTD.

There is every chance that I have done something wrong but your guide was so clear that I'm not convinced I have. I just wanted to say cheers for all of your work and help, it was fun to feel like some sort of codebreaker for a short while!

aaaaa
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by aaaaa »

I've had the same results, so I'd assume it's likely a change from the developer. I'll try to tinker a bit with the other codes posted for the ancient versions as seen in this thread, but I'm not really sure where they searched to find that assembly code in the first place.

aaaaa
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by aaaaa »

I managed to update VampTY's cheat table to the newest version. Very similar to the way you update the other one so I won't post about it. Enable the cheat before starting your quest, then disable it before entering the first level or the anticheat will pick it up and CTD like with the other cheat.
Attachments
demoncrawl1.51.CT
(1.12 KiB) Downloaded 35 times

aaaaa
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by aaaaa »

1.52 update:
Attachments
demoncrawl1.52.CT
(1.12 KiB) Downloaded 53 times

Pozzy1
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Pozzy1 »

Thank you again for all of this, it worked perfectly with very little work thanks to your tutorial. Almost gave up on playing the game for a while but this has kicked the addiction right back in, cheers!

aaaaa
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by aaaaa »

And also on the plus side you get to feel like a super smart hacker person. If you're able to update the table then I'll stop posting updates to it unless there's serious demand. lol