Stormland Oculus VR game ("done" but sloppy)

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
nyswiftiewiththehats
Cheater
Cheater

Post by nyswiftiewiththehats »

Hi new here, first post ever so if any template or request is wrong I'd be glad to delete this and get it right.

Game Name: Stormland (VR only)
Game Engine: Uses Insomniac's own in-house game engine
Game Version: Stormland 008 according to Oculus
Options Required:
1. Aeon buds, first because you really need the least of those but farming them takes a while
2. Alloys are appreciated cause those can be annoying but then you only need to unlock guns once
3. No reload would be nice but gun drops are pretty often
4. Infinite ammo (same as above)
5. Health is last cause dying and reloading to nearest checkpoint is pretty fast
Steam Website: Not on Steam but on the Oculus site too [Link]
Other Info: Started with alloy first, scanned for addresses, found them, changed them, the number on screen changes but not the stat. For example. I had 100 alloy, changed it to 5000, bought something for 75 alloy, cost 4975, 25 alloy left. Tried a pointer scan, tried looking for the code that subtracts, created a .datascan file to compare, I'm sure I missed a checksum or step somewhere since I'm really new at this. If I can figure out what kind of checksum and/or where, I can work on that.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12351

I know there are very few cheat engine tables for VR games so once I learn how, I'll help with requests in whatever way I can.
Last edited by nyswiftiewiththehats on Tue May 05, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

xJewelzx
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Stormland Oculus VR game

Post by xJewelzx »

Hi nyswiftie,

I`m kinda new here too. At least this is my first post.
I searched for alloy using the "float" parameter. Found it -> changed it -> worked
Growth was really easy to find since its standard "4bytes"
No luck with Aeon Buds or these "Cores" yet.

Hopefully this is helpful in any way, cause this is as much as i can do for now. :mellow:
And sadly there is little to no help regarding vr games. :(

nyswiftiewiththehats
Cheater
Cheater

Hey, thanks for replying. I’ll try those soon and edit this.

nyswiftiewiththehats
Cheater
Cheater

xJewelzx wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 4:01 am

I searched for alloy using the "float" parameter. Found it -> changed it -> worked
Growth was really easy to find since its standard "4bytes"
That was exactly it. What's a good indicator between float and bytes for the next time I look?
xJewelzx wrote:

Hopefully this is helpful in any way, cause this is as much as i can do for now. :mellow:
And sadly there is little to no help regarding vr games. :(
I'll post my table in the other section when I'm done. Would you mind looking at my really sloppy work?
Had injected code but had some syntax error. How do I add that to the table and create a script to undo? (Restore with original code.) The code list does nop out the damage to health but crashes the game. Removed nop so the game stops crashing.
Adding to code list what writes to alloy, what accesses address in memory viewer gives me the current address for alloy, easier than rescanning it every time I restart the game but a pointer should be the easiest.
Last edited by nyswiftiewiththehats on Tue May 05, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nyswiftiewiththehats
Cheater
Cheater

Re: Stormland Oculus VR game ("done" but sloppy)

I don't even know where to beginning explaining my mess. At least 4 pointers "found" so at the very least you can run through the entire game, attempting pacifist mode. Tried float and double for Aeon Buds, didn't find it. 4 byte at mod station
  • Health
    Energy
    Alloys
    Growth
Lastly for anyone waiting for the next escalation, try changing your system clock.
Attachments
Stormland.CT
ignore most of it
(28.55 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Last edited by nyswiftiewiththehats on Thu May 07, 2020 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

nyswiftiewiththehats
Cheater
Cheater

xJewelzx wrote:

No luck with Aeon Buds or these "Cores" yet.
Great news, I found Aeon Buds. It's only great cause every Escalation you had to (use to) collect them all over again. It's a 4 byte, I tried Float cause that's how you usually collect them, tried Double with no luck. Stood in front of the mod station and walked in and out of it. I think it's only a 4 byte there but I did find and make a pointer. Not gonna update my table, I'm done. Should have picked an easier first game to learn with.

I've noticed with the Cores when I had 1 and then went to Terminus, they took it away.

Let me know if it doesn't work.
Last edited by nyswiftiewiththehats on Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

xJewelzx
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Stormland Oculus VR game ("done" but sloppy)

Post by xJewelzx »

Great thank you so much i was really getting desperate finding the buds. It was quite annoying doing it all over serveral times.

Braxus
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Braxus »

[QUOTE="nyswiftiewiththehats, post: 132955, member: 40379"]

Hi new here, first post ever so if any template or request is wrong I'd be glad to delete this and get it right.

[B]Game Name:[/B] Stormland (VR only)

[B]Game Engine:[/B] Uses Insomniac's own in-house game engine

[B]Game Version:[/B] Stormland 008 according to Oculus

[B]Options Required:[/B]

1. Aeon buds, first because you really need the least of those but farming them takes a while

2. [S]Alloys are appreciated cause those can be annoying but then you only need to unlock guns once[/S]

3. No reload would be nice but gun drops are pretty often

4. Infinite ammo (same as above)

5. [S]Health is last cause dying and reloading to nearest checkpoint is pretty fast[/S]

[B]Steam Website:[/B] Not on Steam but on the Oculus site too [URL]https://insomniac.games/game/stormland/[/URL]

[B]Other Info:[/B] Started with alloy first, scanned for addresses, found them, changed them, the number on screen changes but not the stat. For example. I had 100 alloy, changed it to 5000, bought something for 75 alloy, cost 4975, 25 alloy left. Tried a pointer scan, tried looking for the code that subtracts, created a .datascan file to compare, I'm sure I missed a checksum or step somewhere since I'm really new at this. If I can figure out what kind of checksum and/or where, I can work on that.

[URL]https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12351[/URL]

[I]I know there are very few cheat engine tables for VR games so once I learn how, I'll help with requests in whatever way I can.[/I]

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if there is a way to hack the escalation timer clock so you don't have to wait a calendar week to play the next escalation? I'm currently at 0 and already beat terminus. I tried changing the system clock head another week and that didn't change the games clock. I think the games clock might be synced with a server or something. Does anyone know a way around this? Much appreciated!

nyswiftiewiththehats
Cheater
Cheater

[QUOTE="Braxus, post: 137424, member: 35710"]

I wonder if there is a way to hack the escalation timer clock so you don't have to wait a calendar week to play the next escalation? I'm currently at 0 and already beat terminus. I tried changing the system clock head another week and that didn't change the games clock. I think the games clock might be synced with a server or something. Does anyone know a way around this? Much appreciated!

[/QUOTE]

Disconnect your internet before you do that. I’ve changed the system clock successfully a few times. Also, walk into the elevator while offline.
Last edited by nyswiftiewiththehats on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Braxus
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Braxus »

[QUOTE="nyswiftiewiththehats, post: 137431, member: 40379"]

Disconnect your internet before you do that. I’ve changed the system clock successfully a few times. Also, walk into the elevator while offline.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, worked nicely. Moved on to escalation 1 now :)