Albion (1996 - DOS)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
eien
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Albion (1996 - DOS)

Post by eien »

Hey all,

Game: Albion (v1.38)
Year: 1996
Publisher: Blue Byte Software
Platform: DOS
Where to get: [Link]

By request of: Lord Blade
Previous Work: There exists a character editor table by Marc and a [Link] by [Link]

Table Options:
+ Invincible Party
+ Infinite Rations
+ Item Duplication
+ Gold Duplication

Comments:
This table is for the v1.38 version (Jul 15 1996). It may fail if used in another version, so please let me know if this is the case.

- Invincible Party should work fine 100% of fights, but since it is based on memory addresses (as opposed to proper logic), it may eventually fail. Please let me know if this happens. EDIT: Played it for a while and there seems to be special attacks that do cause some damage to party members, but overall the bulk of damage is prevented by this cheat.

- Although Lord Blade asked me to get rid of the tiredness mechanics altogether, I settled for the second best solution which is to prevent rations from being consumed when you rest. Not ideal, but hey it is what I could manage with the time I could dedicate to it.

- Item duplication is done by taking said item and giving it back to the same character. - Gold duplication is done by taking gold and giving it to another party member.

Next steps: I don't think there's much more to do besides this table, marc's table, and the savegame editor. If you have more ideas for cheats, let me know though.

Requests: If you'd like me to take a look at another DOS oldie that hasn't been properly cheated yet, let me know. I make no promises on delivery (life is hectic), but I'll do my best. If you wanna buy me such game, I'd be even happier to take a look. I think I'll tackle Bundesliga Manager (1991) or Lost Dutchman Mine (1989) next.

Download:
Albion-1.0.0-eien.CT
(5.69 KiB) Downloaded 511 times
Hope you have fun, and please let me know if you find any problems. All feedback is welcome!

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

Lord Blade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Albion (1996 - DOS)

Post by Lord Blade »

So, apparently you can't turn off the item duplication once it's been turned on. So if you activate it once, you can no longer drop items.

eien
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: Albion (1996 - DOS)

Post by eien »

Hi Lord Blade,

I tried replicating the bug but couldn't. I can enable/disable Item duplication just fine. I guess there are three possibilities:

- You are playing in a different (more advanced) stage of the game where the cheat induces a bug? If so, could you send me the savegame so I can test this? -- I coded all cheats using the savegame you first sent me at the start of the jungle section.

- You are playing a different version of the game. Can you please let me know which version does the game display at the intro screen? -- Mine is Albion v1.38 (Jul 25 1996 12:39:09)

- Which version of DOSBox are you using? Not that it should matter, but who knows... -- Mine is DOSBox 0.74-3