Borderlands 3 [Engine:Unreal 4.20] - Console enabler, Dumper and more..

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
Tromador
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Borderlands 3 [Engine:Unreal 4.20] - Console enabler, Dumper and more..

Post by Tromador »

Csimbi wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:09 am
Tromador wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:06 am
My question is what lesson are you trying to teach?
SunBeam does everyone a massive favour by writing up tutorials: people can pick up some knowledge, tricks and fix stuff themselves - yet you are bashing him like he was the bad guy here.

I am not trying to bash anyone. Certainly not anyone who puts in free time and effort.
Look in the mirror for a moment.
How many scripts, tables or tutorials have you posted lately?

Here none, in other gaming communities hours of time effort and resources, I am pretty happy with my karma on that front.

So, I guess maybe I came over poorly. My point is that to understand, maybe even to contribute to what this thread is about requires really a lot of knowledge. It's not basic stuff covered in the tutorial.

Certainly folk who have no interest in learning anything and don't take time to read the thread are in the wrong place. Maybe instead of getting annoyed, just don't engage - delete the posts, or ignore them. It's what I would do.

Still I take your point on signal to noise ratio and I am adding more to that, so I will shut up as of now. Sunbeam - sorry, I meant no offence.

That all said, I am interested in learning and maybe helping. I was quite serious when I asked for pointers where I should start reading to get my head around what this thread is supposed to be about.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

Csimbi
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by Csimbi »

Tromador wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:45 am
I am not trying to bash anyone.
That 'you' was a collective you, not you, specifically.
Sorry, I did not make that clear.

Contributors are always welcome, noone says a word when they go nuts.
But this thread is a shining example of how people could do things differently.
If they wanted to.
Tromador wrote:
Sunbeam - sorry, I meant no offence.
I don't think he taken any, you made your points nicely.
Tromador wrote:
That all said, I am interested in learning and maybe helping. I was quite serious when I asked for pointers where I should start reading to get my head around what this thread is supposed to be about.
Sun went into great lengths to reverse-engineer UT engines since the UT3 days and he's been at it since.
He is getting and getting better at it.
If you search for his tuts, you will know what I mean, there's one for almost every UT game (best support ever if you ask me).
He's generally favouring enabling the dev console and the built-in cheats as opposed to code modifications.
Nowadays, he's posting dumpers, too - which are of great benefit to anyone interested in the inner workings of a UT game, provided of course that the person has basic knowledge of debugging already (knowing CE also helps because most people on this forum use CE).
This thread is mostly the dumper and console cheats for BL3 - you will find everything you need to know about it in the first post, really - Sun kept it updated.
I built my own script using Sun's dumper - there is a link to that in the first post, too.
I don't think a whole lot of anything else is going on these day - most contributors have finished the game and moved onto greener pastures (newer games).

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Tromador wrote:
You didn't offend me in any way, so none taken ;) Just try and slow down for a bit, see the bigger picture (I've been around these forums for a while now to see how the new population behaves) and like Csimbi said, understand that when you're new, you need to get accustomed to what's going on. I know it's tempting to speak your mind, but then the comeback hits you with unforeseen remarks :P So plan ahead. And welcome to FRF! :D

dnc510
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by dnc510 »

Console/Injector not working after most recent patch for anyone else? I had just grabbed the console enabler a little over a week ago to start messing with 3rd person things for a friend that loves the BL series but can't play in 1st person for long periods of time, and it worked fine, and I went to test it this week again, notably yesterday, after the 12/12 patch, and my console wasn't working, and trying to re-enable it via the injector wasn't working either, not sure if I'm just royally screwing something up, which I don't think I am since it worked before, or if the most recent patch broke something.

bobjones111
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by bobjones111 »

The most recent patch seems to have broken the console enabler for me too. I've triple checked to make sure I'm selecting the right process and disabled my antivirus, but the console won't open. The dump files get generated, though.

Havi
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Havi »

The latest hotfix update from December 19, 2019 broke a few things.

Dumps are still being created but executing the scripts (numpad del .) crashes the game and the console when pressing the tidle (~) key no longer appears

UsedBugPlutt
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by UsedBugPlutt »

Not working anymore after last update. Can't activate "Tooltip Pointer" at all.

Let me know if you have a fix for it. Thx y'all !

apocalyptech
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by apocalyptech »

If anyone's looking to just get the console active, the [Link] works fine on BL3, btw. It'll also generate a Names/Objects dump (hotkey Ctrl-NumpadFwdSlash). It does some fancy stuff with the ingame camera, too, though I haven't tried that.

As a bonus for myself (and any other Linux weirdos who may be lurking here), the DLL injector on that site actually seems to work reliably in Wine on Linux, which is super helpful for myself. CE nearly always crashes trying to attach to BL3 for me, in that environment. (All you Windows folks can of course continue to just use whatever DLL injector you're already using.)

bobjones111
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by bobjones111 »

apocalyptech wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:15 pm
If anyone's looking to just get the console active, the [Link] works fine on BL3, btw. It'll also generate a Names/Objects dump (hotkey Ctrl-NumpadFwdSlash). It does some fancy stuff with the ingame camera, too, though I haven't tried that.

As a bonus for myself (and any other Linux weirdos who may be lurking here), the DLL injector on that site actually seems to work reliably in Wine on Linux, which is super helpful for myself. CE nearly always crashes trying to attach to BL3 for me, in that environment. (All you Windows folks can of course continue to just use whatever DLL injector you're already using.)
Thank you so much! I just wanted to test the 3rd person camera, and this worked like a charm.

DruPeacock
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Tooltip Pointer not working

Post by DruPeacock »

OK, I'm sure this has been said over and over, however I just want to verify again, has there been any fix to the item editing? I've followed every step, used multiple DLL Injectors, and the tooltip does not work. If there is something I've missed in my research, I would love all of this crew's expertise! Thank you guys for all of your hard work!

aprizm
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by aprizm »

This might sound stupid but here it goes:

In objectsdump.txt I have lets say
[00024277] FloatProperty OakGame.BeastmasterStandInActionSkillData.PetAnimationDelay 0x000000001CC590A0

but when I go in cheat engine at that address I don't find that property... Also I have update the dump to make sure the address were all updated so what am I missing here ?

Kostis92
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Borderlands 3 [Engine:Unreal Engine 4] - Console enabler, Dumper and more..

Post by Kostis92 »

Alice wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:42 pm
Go to your ObjectsDump and find

Code: Select all

CameraMode_ThirdPerson.CameraMode_ThirdPerson.CameraBehavior_OffsetCameraRelative_1
hi there
could you pls help a little?

I have no ObjectsDump.txt in my game files and I dont get one when I hit Numpad / button?
Is there anything I could do?

I really want 3rd person in borderlands3

Thanks very much in advance

Alice
Retired Donor
Retired Donor

Re: Borderlands 3 [Engine:Unreal Engine 4] - Console enabler, Dumper and more..

Post by Alice »

Kostis92 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:11 pm
Alice wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:42 pm
Go to your ObjectsDump and find

Code: Select all

CameraMode_ThirdPerson.CameraMode_ThirdPerson.CameraBehavior_OffsetCameraRelative_1
hi there
could you pls help a little?

I have no ObjectsDump.txt in my game files and I dont get one when I hit Numpad / button?
Is there anything I could do?

I really want 3rd person in borderlands3

Thanks very much in advance
On the first post of the thread, there's a section talking about a console/dumepr you can download, this is what I use/reference in my post(make sure to read the usage instructions on how to get it to work and where to find the dump file):
[ 18 Sep '19 - Initial Release ]

Attached below is a DLL that will do the following:
  • Run threaded UE4 code to create the UConsole UObject, member of GameViewportClient; you may then use Tilde (~) key to open up the console. As far as what you can or can't do with the console, well.. I'm not the game developer :) You'll have to google around for commands, test stuff out and return with feedback. As opposed to just asking "what are the commands?" and doing shit about it.
  • Will dump the UE4 FNameArray and UObjectArray, along with their addresses. What this means is you can then know what the fuck you're looking at in memory, when debugging/tracing or mapping structures, and come up with your own conclusions. Just like I did with my table below.

Kostis92
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Kostis92 »

Hi and thnx for the reply.

I used the console dumper and I am able to use the command: camera 3rd
but I cant find the ObjectsDump.txt file inside the game folder so I cant do that thing you showed us to change camera location with cheat engine.

That txt file should be created the moment I click inject that dll file? Because I did that and I also spammed the / key .

Alice
Retired Donor
Retired Donor

Post by Alice »

Kostis92 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:07 am
Hi and thnx for the reply.

I used the console dumper and I am able to use the command: camera 3rd
but I cant find the ObjectsDump.txt file inside the game folder so I cant do that thing you showed us to change camera location with cheat engine.

That txt file should be created the moment I click inject that dll file? Because I did that and I also spammed the / key .
Not sure why it wouldn't be created. I'm not the one who made the dll so I have no clue how it works so my help is pretty limited here. Maybe try disabling any anti-virus you have and running the injector as admin. You can also try injecting through CE once you've attached to the game by going to memory view -> tools -> Inject DLL. Other than that, you can always try searching through the thread to see if anyone else has had this problem.