[COMPLETED] [Request] spyro the dragon reignited trilogy

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
goldentoad
Cheater
Cheater

Re: [COMPLETED] [Request] spyro the dragon reignited trilogy

Post by goldentoad »

Sharing a table to 'fix' the game's active camera, give manual control over the camera's zoom, and change the dimensions of spyro's size. Two are for common complaints I see and the other one's just for fun.

Edit:
-Active Camera Fix
-Custom FOV
-Game Speed Control
-Manuel Camera Zoom Distance
-Size Change
Merged with Dread_Pony_Roberts next table posting.
Last edited by goldentoad on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Brandondorf9999
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Brandondorf9999 »

Anyone happen to know a way to bring back the doors that go to the creature sub-areas if they haven't been rescued yet? I want to bring them back onto the levels even if they have been rescued and their homeworlds have been completed like this one in Sunny Villa:

grog
Cheater
Cheater

Post by grog »

i don't know that sorry , but in short you need an event editor

Brandondorf9999
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

What about the level warp id?

Dread_Pony_Roberts
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Dread_Pony_Roberts »

Level warping is probably best done through save editing with a hex editor.

Brandondorf9999
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

How do I change that in the save?

Dread_Pony_Roberts
Table Makers
Table Makers

It's basically the same thing as using cheat engine, comparing changed and unchanged values. The main differences are that you are using save files and a hex editor.

Here is a video tutorial on save editing, you can start at the beginning of the tutorial series or (if you feel confident) jump straight to this one which actually deals more with what you would need in this instance.

And here is the hex editor itself.
[Link]

I don't have access to my regular computer at the moment so I can't tell you where the value or the save file itself is located, but I hope this helps you or you could wait for me to get back on my computer to find it myself. If you do decide to find it yourself, then you will be hopping between levels to find the id.

goldentoad
Cheater
Cheater

Post by goldentoad »

Just a guess, but there's probably something like an event flag that tells the game "[Character]'s quest completed? True/False" that controls whether the relevant blocking doors exist or not when the level is entered.

Go about it by either:
1. Tampering with memory while in-game to return a False when the game looks for it
2. Edit the save so a False is loaded into memory on a load
3. Edit the game files (modding) so a door is wherever you want it to be under whatever conditions you want it to appear

Dread's suggestion of save editing after looking for changes is probably the most stable choice. Maybe first try seeing what the EXACT cutoff of the door's existence is. After figuring that out, compare one save from before and one from after doing the minimum necessary actions to cause the change. No idea how this game keeps track of events though, it could be completely different, but that's a good place to start trying. I've seen people starting to do modded levels with this game as well on the spyro reddit. I believe there's a sticky at the top with relevant info.

Don't know what your endgoal is, but it's also good to keep it in mind when doing stuff like this.
For example, maybe in a game someone wants to get to another level but there's a hard boss in the way. They could look for a way to level warp, but other (messier) methods may lead to close to the same result (tampering with the bosses health, ai freezing, noclipping, teleporting, ect.)

Dread_Pony_Roberts
Table Makers
Table Makers

I had no luck with save editing, though this may help you more. ([Link])

WARNING, you can't use the built in level warps or save during a play session once you have used this method. When you want to exit the game, it's best to kill the process itself.

It's not a perfect solution, but it's good if you want to easily replay a level from start to finish.

grog
Cheater
Cheater

Post by grog »

goldentoad wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:38 pm
Just a guess, but there's probably something like an event flag that tells the game "[Character]'s quest completed? True/False" that controls whether the relevant blocking doors exist or not when the level is entered.

Go about it by either:
1. Tampering with memory while in-game to return a False when the game looks for it
2. Edit the save so a False is loaded into memory on a load
3. Edit the game files (modding) so a door is wherever you want it to be under whatever conditions you want it to appear

Dread's suggestion of save editing after looking for changes is probably the most stable choice. Maybe first try seeing what the EXACT cutoff of the door's existence is. After figuring that out, compare one save from before and one from after doing the minimum necessary actions to cause the change. No idea how this game keeps track of events though, it could be completely different, but that's a good place to start trying. I've seen people starting to do modded levels with this game as well on the spyro reddit. I believe there's a sticky at the top with relevant info.

Don't know what your endgoal is, but it's also good to keep it in mind when doing stuff like this.
For example, maybe in a game someone wants to get to another level but there's a hard boss in the way. They could look for a way to level warp, but other (messier) methods may lead to close to the same result (tampering with the bosses health, ai freezing, noclipping, teleporting, ect.)
yes , edit the game files is the best solution :O

Dread_Pony_Roberts
Table Makers
Table Makers

I updated the flight. It should now be much smoother since it now uses the GetAsyncKeyState code. It is a bit harder to rebind the controls, so I included instructions on how to do so in the readme found under the flight activation script.
I also merged goldentoad's Spyro RT Camera.CT table to keep things nicely contained in one table.
And finally, I removed the Prevent Z Axis Write Script since I felt it was no longer needed because of my flight script.

If anyone else wants to use GetAsyncKeyState, here are links to guides on using it for 32 bit and 64 bit games.
For 32 bit games ([Link])
For 64 bit games ([Link])
Attachments
Spyro-Win64-Shipping.CT
Smoother flight, removed Prevent Z Axis Write Script, and merged it with goldentoad's Spyro RT Camera.CT table
(66.14 KiB) Downloaded 216 times

grog
Cheater
Cheater

Post by grog »

Dread_Pony_Roberts wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:16 pm
thanks :D , sorry if i ask that another time, but can you also give a try to the super charge ? even that powerup is useful and very funny

grog
Cheater
Cheater

Post by grog »

@goldentoad now i remember what's the option needed for those hateful variable addresses: since the address to active the powerups always change , then is necessary to use an option of cheat engine that active the automatic pointer scan, but how to set the automatic pointer scan ?

Brandondorf9999
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

So far I got Moneybags to allow free things such as the playable creatures for Year of the Dragon, but my attempt to do that on the 2nd game which didn't get the address to where it checks for gems which opens the bridge or gain abilities.
Attachments
Spyro-Win64-Shipping-freemb.CT
(876 Bytes) Downloaded 111 times

goldentoad
Cheater
Cheater

Post by goldentoad »

Might not be much help, but in spyro 2's glimmer doing a 4byte search for the current number of held gems gives around 6 results. 3 are constantly written to. If the one being written with mov [rsi],eax has its write disabled (through a compare) and is set to 100, moneybag's bridge dialog choice goes through.

It looks like once the value is put past the threshold even for a second, something else gets tripped and as long as the level is not exited, the choice remains open even if the amount is lowered back down.