PCgamesN : "Denuvo has launched its Anti-Cheat technology"

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

PCgamesN : "Denuvo has launched its Anti-Cheat technology"

Post by Darkedone02 »

Source: [Link]
While the industry we all know and love has grown exponentially, so too has the number of cheaters in recreational gaming and esports. Aiming to level the playing field, DRM expert Denuvo has launched its Anti-Cheat solution at this year’s GDC, preventing rule-breakers from “manipulating and extracting data or code to gain an advantage over other gamers.”

Parent company Irdeto confirmed that 77% of players are likely to quit a game permanently if they think opponents aren’t playing by the same rules. “Cheating ruins video games for honest players,” Denuvo managing director Reinhard Blaukovitsch said, “cheating also has a major impact on the esports market, where significant prizes are on the line.”

Denuvo Anti-Cheat uses the latest hardware security features combined with machine learning of “game agnostic process metrics” to stop ne’er-do-wells in their dishonourable tracks.

Easy integration is promised for developers and the tech doesn’t require an SDK or API.

Irdeto claims that Denuvo Anti-Cheat will have minimal impact on the user’s gameplay experience, and represents the company’s continued commitment to preserving the integrity of gaming and esports.

This year’s GDC is certainly one for combating the plague that is cheating in videogames – as well as Irdeto, the in-house hardware of Google’s Stadia claims to make cheating impossible, too.

Viken
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: PCgamesN : "Denuvo has launched its Anti-Cheat technology"

Post by Viken »

I see no problem with anti-cheat features when it comes to MMO's or e-sport venues. The problem I have is when it drags into single-player gaming experiences.

Lashley
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Lashley »

fk denuvo

riyasathe
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by riyasathe »

Great post. Great learning here. Thank you.

Hylician Legend
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Hylician Legend »

Should we be concerned by now? Is this something to seriously worry about or will it be defeated easily?

My opinion on the matter is pretty much this:
Viken wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:43 pm
I see no problem with anti-cheat features when it comes to MMO's or e-sport venues. The problem I have is when it drags into single-player gaming experiences.

GreenHouse
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by GreenHouse »

Solid Wolf wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:18 pm
Should we be concerned by now? Is this something to seriously worry about or will it be defeated easily?
As long as you can play the game offline, there shouldn't be any problem. AC:Unity tried something similar and failed.

Hylician Legend
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Hylician Legend »

Fair enough. As long as it never affects single player cheating.

Makes sense, because their anti-tamper almost always gets cracked, so in theory their anti-cheat should be easily beaten.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

If the anti-cheat in MK11 is how it works then it's a joke. Takes 10 minutes to find and patch, no integrity checks or anything. You just need to kill a thread that checks for CE.

Lord Blade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Lord Blade »

Parent company Irdeto confirmed that 77% of players are likely to quit a game permanently if they think opponents aren’t playing by the same rules.
Parent company pulls BS numbers out of thin air and investors are too lazy to bother doing any research themselves.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

Lord Blade wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:16 pm
Parent company Irdeto confirmed that 77% of players are likely to quit a game permanently if they think opponents aren’t playing by the same rules.
Parent company pulls BS numbers out of thin air and investors are too lazy to bother doing any research themselves.
That and talking with some friends that are game devs. They say that about half of the reports are from people that are pissed because they can't admit they suck at the game, so they just report any player as a cheater that is more skilled than them. So even if these numbers where true, about half would just be players pissed because they suck at the game.

Lord Blade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Lord Blade »

I've talked to countless gamers of different types, and I've never met someone who would quit a game permanently because of cheaters. I know plenty who will only play online with friends or known groups to avoid random hacks, but that's about it.

I mean, I usually only play online with my friends. Because that way I know who I'm playing with. Not just as far as cheats go, but because most random players I come across seem to be asshats. lol

SunBeam
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by SunBeam »

So far, all of Denuvo's attempts are shit. Unless they get a driver-like approach, pretty much like EAC, they won't do shit from user-mode. I hardly see that happening anytime soon; and not cuz it takes time to implement, but mostly cuz of the gaming companies' bitching. We'll live and see.

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

SunBeam wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:39 pm
So far, all of Denuvo's attempts are shit. Unless they get a driver-like approach, pretty much like EAC, they won't do shit from user-mode. I hardly see that happening anytime soon; and not cuz it takes time to implement, but mostly cuz of the gaming companies' bitching. We'll live and see.
Don't jinx it.

SunBeam
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by SunBeam »

Unlike CH, I don't whine when developers implement anti-cheats. Bring it on!

DARKVOIDHACKER
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by DARKVOIDHACKER »

SunBeam wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:29 pm
Unlike CH, I don't whine when developers implement anti-cheats. Bring it on!
Hiya Sun Beam!
I agree with Solid Wolf,
Solid Wolf wrote: The problem I have is when it drags into single-player gaming experiences.
I don't play online games, I just love to enjoy games by myself offline, and when anybody put anti cheats on
a single player offline game to me they are a Nazi commie's that just want to control how people play.
I have joined in on the saying that people have the right to play games how they want to as long as its
single player offline.

Keep on defeating anti cheats for offline games for all of us SunBeam.

PEACE SunBeam :)